Epilogue

I'll Neva' Fa'get

6 years later
July 6, 2022

August (POV)

"And dat' ma' loves, is how I met mommy."

"Woooow...." They both gasped in unison.

"So mama was the princess in uncle Mel story for all this time."

"And you was the prince." Danielle added.

I nodded my head with a smile on my face as I looked down at my beautiful creations-my son, whom had inherited the looks of his father and kindness of his grandmother and Aunty, my daughter who had me and Mani swirled throughout every feature of her and of course the brains and beauty of her mother and I.

Today was my princess's fourth birthday, and I decided to go ahead and tell them how me and their beautiful mother met..... Melvin La'branch style.

Only in this version there was the grand finale ending that he dreamed up.

Danielle was my little hot head that came along two years after her big brother, me and Mani actually had a real slip up when she was conceived- but that slip up was one of the best to ever happen, it blessed me with my gorgeous baby girl, and now I have two bundles of joy that have done nothing but made my life feel like a small piece of heaven. All three of my kids were my world. If there ever came a day that God came asking for them I would happily go in their place. My Kali, My Emil, and My Danielle- those are my luminous lights that I can not live without, for if they leave, I will no doubt, fall into shambles. Into nothingness. They are my everything, and by the way they look at me I can tell they feel the same way that I do.

"So daddy why you forget mommy?" Danielle asked with confusion plastered on her face as she clutched on to her hello kitty stuffed animal for dear life.

"No sis, it wasn't like that, he didn't mean to forget mama, he was tryna' protect mama."

"Ohhhhh, so she could be safe?"

"Yeah, that."

I cheesed at him and his advanced little brain and ruffled his hair,"Dat's my E-Man."

"Mhm!" He smiled of proudness, gripping at his button down shirt giving it a tug as if he just accomplished a world marathon.