|14|

Unthinkable

3 years later

August 26, 2010

August(POV)

"Travis! Leave my nieces alone, damn!"

"Shut up Yung', yo' skillet head ahh don't tell me what ta' do."

"Bitch." I mumbled.

"Say it wit'cha chest lil nigga."

I was currently at Mel's house waiting for him to wrap up whatever it was he was doing so we could go make this drop. By drop I mean gamble with my life yet again in these unforgiving streets.

In these 3 years a lot has happened in my life, in all of our lives. Well for starters I have been blessed with two more beautiful nieces that I love like their my own, on top of that I got put out due to the fact that I was slanging, but it was only because I saw my mama struggling. Furthermore I've been going strong with my baby Crystal.

I figured it would be best if I dropped out of school, it wasn't bringing in no cash and it was keeping me away from what was.

When ma kicked me out on my ass I stayed at Mel's for a lil while, but quickly scratched that off as an option. Why? Because my brother has a family of his own now, I can't just intrude on his life because I was being careless.

For a minute I would sleep at the corner store at the end of the block, but after a while you get tired of sleeping on the floor. I couldn't believe I was homeless, but I had no one to blame but myself. My actions and my poor choices are now reflecting on my life as a whole.

But don't worry, ya' boy found a place ta' lay his head.

"Aye Mel c'mon fa' I end up killin' midnight." I said referring to Travis.

"Shut yo' wanna be black ass up."

Before I could even come back with a slick comeback, Mel walked into the living room looking more annoyed than ever. I tapped Travis signaling him to get serious for a bit since he was still trying to play. He looked up at me about to try and argue but I cocked my head in Mel's direction making him look up from me to him. Noticing his demeanor I told Travis to watch the girls as I quickly got up trailing behind him to the kitchen, leaving the girls and Trav to have their own little adventure.

One thing I've learned over the years up until now is I'm not a little kid anymore. Once I got into this game there was no turning around— I had to step up to the plate and take responsibility for this shit, and even though Mel was my brother he didn't play when it came to his money. Blood or not his grind is his grind.

I walked into the kitchen and placed my hands on the counter waiting at attention for Mel to tell me the problem. Now if I didn't know my brother I would run like hell when he's mad and annoyed like this, but me being just like him I already knew there was more to it then him just being mad. From the looks of it, it's something serious.

"We got a fuckin' rat bruh." He spoke.

"A what?"

"I guess I'm stutterin' now."

"Who is it?"

He stopped pacing the floor and glared at me, making me mentally slap myself for asking such a stupid question. He walked over to the counter and slammed his hand down making a loud thud echo through the kitchen.