Chapter 28: No Wonder He Likes You

Start from the beginning

"Always a vision yourself," he said. "Come in."

"Khalan, hey," Logan said. He was also dressed up.

"I'm looking for Shawn," I told him.

He sighed. "Family dinner tonight, he's in his room. Want me to show you up?"

"No it's okay," I replied. "I know where it is."

He nodded and I went up and walked through the hallway, till I stopped at Shawn's door. I knocked.

"I'm not opening," he yelled.

"Shawn, it's me!" I yelled back.

A few seconds later he opened up. "Hey," he said sitting back on his bed.

"I came to give you this...since it's due tomorrow" I told him as I handed him his report.

He nodded and took it.

I turned on my heel but stopped. "Your family's waiting for you you know," I told him.

"Ugh, don't start too Michaels," he groaned lying back on his bed.

I sighed. "Okay, I'm leaving now."

He stood up. "Need a ride?"

"Such a gentleman right?" I teased.

"Just for that Princess, you're walking," he joked but followed me down the stairs anyway.

"I was gonna walk anyway," I snickered as we walked down.

"Shawn, you're down," a young woman said when we got to the bottom. Her black locks dangled beautifully around her face. She was probably a bit younger than my mom.

"Oh, Shawn I didn't realise you had a-"

"A nothing," he said bluntly cutting me off.

"Hi, I'm Isabelle, Steven's girlfriend," she said extending her hand.

I shook it. "Khalan," I introduced.

"We're about to have dinner, feel free to stay," she offered.

"Oh...I don't want to intrude," I told her. "Besides I was just leaving."

"Oh nonsense," she said stopping me. "There's enough food to go around."

"If she doesn't want to-" Shawn began but was interrupted by the doorbell. He sighed.

"That must be Carson with Lilah," she said scurrying off to open up.

"Who's Carson?" I asked him.

"My brother," he muttered.

"Oh," was all I could say, remembering him saying something about having three brothers.

A guy walked in holding hands with a very pretty lady. That must be him. Unlike the rest of his brothers his hair was black and not as long as theirs. He looked built. Those Mitchell genes have sure been kind.

He gave his two brothers hugs and turned to Shawn who still stood behind me.

"What's wrong bro? You're not happy to see me?" he asked jokingly. "I know we didn't exactly leave off seeing eye to eye the last time I came over but come on."

Shawn smirked and went over to give his brother a friendly handshake before giving Lilah a hug.

"Who's your friend?" he asked turning to me.

"Khalan," I said speaking up.

"Carson. And this is Lilah," he introduced.

"Hi," Lilah said.