Chapter 28: No Wonder He Likes You

28. No Wonder He Likes You

That stupid comment Charlie made still rang in my ear the next day. Unfortunately. I tried getting the answer out of him but it was no use, the boy just wouldn't budge. Oh well, who cares what he thinks anyway. I was with Kyle, and that was that.

"Michaels," Shawn called from behind startling me. I was packing up after class, right before lunch and I was the only one there.

"You have a habit of doing that don't you?" I asked.

He smirked. "What are you doing?"

"Packing up, obviously," I told him. "I just stayed behind to grab some extra credit work, that's all."

"Teacher's pet aren't we?" he teased.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a spray bottle from the teacher's desk, squirting him in the face with water.

"Probably deserved that," he said. "But," he added picking the other one up and doing the same. We went back and forth till he held up his hand, stopping.

He picked up a flower vase with water in it. "Michaels, I swear if you hit me in the face with water one more time I will empty all of this on you," he threatened.

"Aw, is that all you've got?" I teased and laughed.

"Khalan?" Kyle's voice called from the door.

I turned as my laughter died down, and saw my boyfriend waiting.

"There you are," he said. "You heading to lunch?"

"Yeah," I said brushing my hair out of my face with my hands. "Let me just get my books."

I gathered my stuff and began walking towards him. "Shawn, you coming?" I turned and asked.

"In a minute," he said. "I just have to run to my locker for a second. You go, I'll catch up later."

I nodded as Kyle put his arm around me and left.

**************

"Damn it," I whispered while in Shayley's car as she drove me home. "Hey, can you drop me off at Shawn's house? I have to give him this report he left with me."

"Okay," she agreed. "Looks like you two are getting along."

I shrugged. "He's not a bad guy."

Jessica snorted in the backseat.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. It's just funny how a few weeks ago you hated the idea of tutoring him."

I chuckled. "I guess I never really gave him a chance. And now that I have I see Austin was right after all. He's okay."

"Well of course he's okay Khalan. He's Shawn, a.k.a. hot," Shayley joked.

I rolled my eyes and hit her playfully on the arm. "That's not all to a person Shayley."

She just laughed.

"Want us to wait?" she asked as we pulled up.

"No it's fine," I answered. "My house isn't far from here. I'll just give it to him and walk home."

"Sure?" Jess asked.

"Yeah, I need some fresh air anyways," I told them.

"See you tomorrow," Shayley called as she drove away.

I pressed the doorbell twice and waited. The door opened and I saw Freddie in a red button up shirt, with his hair neatly combed.

"Well you clean up nice," I snickered.