Chapter 25: There Was An Angry Spirit Waiting To Kill Us

Start from the beginning

"You really shouldn't have done that boys," Jessica said.

"She's right," Shayley said and began charging after them. I laughed my head off, not minding that I was soaking wet. We were having so much fun. I picked up my camera and took as many shots as I could. Pine's View was beautiful.

************

"Okay Liam," Shawn began. "Truth or dare?"

We were sitting around a fire. Perfect camping mood.

"Dare," Liam bravely said.

"Go jump in the lake," Shawn ordered.

"Oh that's cruel," Zeke said laughing.

"Are you kidding me?" Liam complained. "It's freezing now."

"Exactly," he said with a smirk.

Liam bravely got up and ran towards the lake. The rest of us just heard a splash and a very funny shriek. We laughed as he came back a few minutes later, water dripping off him.

"I..h-hate..you," he chattered at Shawn.

I laughed as I offered him a blanket. He sat down and snuggled close to me.

"S..sorry I'm c-cold," he said.

I giggled putting my arm around him. "You are too cute."

"Can we do something else?" he said annoyed.

"Ghost stories," Denise suggested. It actually wasn't a bad idea. We all took turns telling the scariest stories we could think of. Jacob's was probably the scariest. It was about a ghost hunter who was tricked into his own trap by some teens.

"It cut his head right off, and they buried his body right on this camping ground to cover it up. The headless hunter vowed to take his revenge and murders any teenager who dares to stay here," he finished.

"Wait aren't we teenagers?" Denise choked.

"It's just a myth Denise," I told her.

"That's what the last group of people said," he warned.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh please. Why would you bring us here if we were going to be murdered by some headless, ghost hunter?"

"Maybe I don't really like you all and I just want to see you dead," he joked. Shayley smacked him on the head and we laughed.

We just sat and kept on talking and after forcing Shawn I finally got him to play a song with me. We all sang along with Shawn playing the tune on my guitar before we turned in for the night. Like I said, perfect night.

"Khalan!" Denise whispered. I smiled, my back facing her, trying to surpress my laughter.

"Khalan!" she hissed.

"What?" I asked.

"Don't you hear that?" she asked.

I sighed. "Relax," I told her getting up. "I'm sure it's nothing."

I got out of the tent and let out a fake scream loud enough for her to hear.

"Khalan!" she whispered. You could sense the fear in her voice.

"I'm sorry, take her," she said panicking as she zipped up the tent, leaving me outside.

Wow.

I turned to Shayley and Jessica who were kneeling beside the tent holding branches. I laughed and joined them, carrying out our plan to mess with Denise. We kept making noises, hearing her whimper.

"Eh hem?" a voice came from behind us. We stopped laughing and turned to face Austin, who stood there with folded arms.

"Girls what do you think you're doing?" he asked.

"Having a little fun," I replied with an innocent grin.

"We're just messing with her that's all," Jessica added as we stood up.

"Just go back to bed before you wake anyone else," he told us.

"Too late," Shawn said coming out of the tent he shared with Austin.

"You're awake too?" I asked.

"Light sleeper remember?"

"Okay just go to sleep," Austin groaned.

"Or we could just keep pranking Denise," Shayley suggested with a humorous grin.

"What is going on out here?" Jacob came.

"Oh great, join the party," Shayley said sarcastically.

"Shut up," he retorted playfully sticking his tongue out at her.

"Okay, okay, let's all just go back to bed," I told them.

Just then a we heard a sound, almost like footsteps.

"What was that?" Jessica jumped.

"That wasn't you?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Shay, you can quit it now," I said.

"Wasn't me either," she said.

Then the noise was heard again.

"The headless ghost hunter," Jacob said.

"Well if it was him we already know Denise would serve me up on a silver platter," I joked picking at my nails.

"We're going to die," Jessica panicked.

I rolled my eyes. "You don't actually believe there's a ghost set out to kill us right?" I asked her. "Shawn? Austin?"

Shawn shrugged. "I'm up for an adventure," he said. "Let's go check it out."

"Not a bad idea," Austin bravely agreed.

"What? No you're not," I protested.

"Thought you didn't believe in ghosts Princess," Shawn stated with a smirk.

"I don't. But that doesn't mean there's not some other crazy creature out there who's going to tear us to pieces," I told him.

The noise came again, only louder.

"Let's go," Jacob said handing the guys torches.

"Shay? Jess?" I questioned.

"There's no way I'm staying here," Shayley said and ran after them.

"Neither am I," Jess added and quickly went after them too.

I lagged behind trying to convince them to stay behind. "This is such a bad idea," I warned.

"You realise you're following us right?" Shawn told me.

I was following them. Before I knew I was in the woods, walking after them.

"Whatever," I muttered and caught up with them.

The noises were getting louder, and not that I believed there was an angry spirit waiting to kill us, I was pretty scared.

"Okay we should probably head back now," Shayley said. " I'm guessing she was quite terrified too.

"Oh come on," Jacob said as we creeped through the woods. "I want to catch this thing - whatever it is in action."

"This is ridiculous," I hissed. "I-"

I was interrupted by a loud shriek from behind me.

"Jess!" Austin exclaimed when I turned back.

A/N

Cliffhanger ;). What happened to Jess? How serious is it? Guess we'll have to wait. Anyways thank you all for reading and voting!!! :).

- amani