Chapter 17: Guess We All Died And We're In Heaven

17. Guess We All Died And We're In Heaven

I forced myself out of bed to get ready for school. I took a quick shower and put on dark blue jeans with a grey long sleeved top and combat boots before putting my hair in a tight ponytail. I got a ride from Shayley since Charlie left yesterday.

"Mia wait," Austin said walking after me.

I was walking through the halls and increased my pace as soon as I passed by him.

"Khalan," he said grabbing hold of my arm.

"I'm not speaking to you remember?" I told him reminding him about Friday's incident.

"I know, and I probably deserve worse," he began. "But I'm sorry Khay, I really am. And I missed you this weekend."

I sighed looking at him. "You ruined our night you know that?"

"I know," he said softly.

"And you almost ruined Jess' shot with Zeke," I pointed out once more.

He gave a sigh of his own and ran his fingers through his blonde hair before speaking. "That I also know. It was really selfish of me."

I sighed. "Fine, I forgive you," I gave in.

"I knew you would!" he exclaimed hugging me lifting me up.

"Okay...okay you can put me down now," I told him.

"Sorry," he said.

"But," I began. "There's still one more person who deserves an apology," I added pointing to Jess, who was standing in front of her locker.

He put his hands in his pocket. "Yeah, I know," he said.

"So what are you waiting for?" I asked grabbing his wrist.

"Now?" he groaned.

"No, in the afterlife," I answered sarcastically. "Come on," I added pulling him towards her.

"Jess, hey!" I said.

"Oh hi Khalan," she responded.

"And Austin," Austin said.

"I repeat," Jessica began. "Hi Khalan."

Austin sighed. "Okay I know you're pretty mad I brought Denise-"

"Why would I be mad just because you brought Denise?" she asked cutting him off. "I'm mostly mad because you showed up yourself."

Ouch.

"Though it would have been way better if you showed up alone," she muttered in addition.

"I know you are," Austin began. "And I'm sorry."

"I'll have to think on it," she teased.

"Oh come on Jess," Austin begged. "Khalan's forgiven me."

She rolled her eyes. "Okay, I forgive you," she said.

"Finally," he said. "After Saturday I thought you had shut me out for good."

"Saturday?" I asked.

"He showed up at my house," Jessica explained.

"She didn't even let me in let alone speak to me," Austin added and I laughed.

"But...the night wasn't a complete disaster," she continued rather nervously.

"How so?" I teased.

"Well-"

"Hey guys!" Zeke interfered throwing his arm around her shoulder.