Chapter 15: I Would Have Ripped His Throat Out

Start from the beginning

"I'm so nervous," Jessica said applying more make up to her face. We decided to get ready at her house. Charlie had come home again just for the weekend and I really didn't want another drill session between him and Kyle.

"You look fine," I said stopping her from turning herself into a clown. "You have nothing to worry about."

We heard the sound of Kyle's car pulling up her driveway. After a short conversation in Spanish -nothing I understood by the way-Jessica said goodbye to her mom and we left. I don't even get what Jess was so nervous about. She and Zeke hit off as soon as we got into the car. Soon we arrived at 'The Cave'.

"What can I get you?" a red haired waitress asked after we sat down at a booth. We ordered and she went back to the counter.

"Wow, the food gets here fast," Jess said as we dug in.

We all talked for a while, laughing at each others jokes. This night was going great. Well...that was until Austin decided to show up...with Denise.

"Austin?" I said as I spotted him coming in. "What the hell is he doing here? With Denise?" I added referring to the girl clung on his arm.

"Did you ask him to come?" Jessica asked the guys.

"No, but I guess we--"

"I'll be right back," I said cutting Zeke off as I stood up and walked towards my best friend.

"Khaley, hi," Denise said with a sickly sweet smile.

"Khalan," I corrected forcing a smile, trying my best to hold back an eyeroll.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Austin.

"What?" he began. "Can't I bring a girl for dinner? It is a surprise to see you all here though."

"Austin why are y-"

"Relax," he said cutting me off. He pushed me out of the way and led Denise by the hand to our booth.

"Austin!" I said through gritted teeth as I went after him.

"Hey guys," he said to them ignoring me.

"You knew we were coming here, is that why you came?" I asked him.

"I didn't know your date was tonight though," he said. "Kyle here mentioned the place and I just thought it would be nice if I checked it out."

I didn't save the eyeroll.

"Lies," I heard Jess mutter.

"Well I guess we have space for two more," Kyle suggested. Ugh, if he wasn't so cute I would have ripped his throat out for inviting them to sit with us.

"Khalan, mind if we go to the bathroon for a bit? I need you to fix my make up," Jessica asked.

"What's wrong with your make up?" Austin asked.

"It needs fixing," I snapped taking the hint Jess dropped. We quickly made our way to the ladies' room.

"What the fuck is he doing here...with her?" she asked.

"Trust me I'm not too happy about seeing them either," I said. "I thought I warned him to stay away from her anyways."

"Okay you know what? We're not going to let them ruin our night," Jessica said.

"Yeah, yeah you're right. Let's just go get this over with," I said.

We exited the bathroom and made our way back to our booth.

"Everything okay?" Denise asked.

Like she cared.

"Yup," I said forcing a smile. "Everything is...just fine."

The night continued in a rather annoying manner actually. Denise kept babbling about stuff no one cared about and kept cutting people (Jess and I to be exact) off and interrupting. Frankly at the rate she talked I didn't know how Austin wasn't tired of her yet. He did seem a bit bored by her useless stories though, but he was probably too proud to admit that.

"Stop playing games Austin," I said to him as we were leaving. I asked Kyle to head to the car with the others because I wanted to talk to Austin.

"Austin, you coming?" Denise whined.

"I need to speak to him," I said.

"Yeah I'm coming. Just give me a minute," he told her. After giving me a nasty glare she walked out in her short leather mini skirt.

"I'm not playing games," he said after she left.

I rolled my eyes. "Why are you here?"

"I told you, I wanted to check the place out," he replied amidst laughter.

"So you 'coincidentally' showed up the night of our date with Kyle and Zeke?" I said referring to Jessica and I, making air quotations at coincidentally.

"Hey I knew you were coming here, I didn't know it was this Friday," he defended himself.

"And why would you bring her of all people?" I continued. I could have gotten past his intrusion if he had brought someone else but Denise just made the night an absolute disaster.

"You don't have to speak about her that way you know," he told me.

"Oh I beg to differ," I snapped. "We're you here because of me?"

"I wasn't here because of you," he said.

"Then what's this about?" I asked. "Is there something going on? Is it about Jessica then?"

He stayed silent. "Austin!" I shouted.

"You're right okay? I...I came to see what you were up to," he said. "I don't trust Kyle with you."

"Really Austin?" I said.

"Really," he replied. God I was so pissed at him.

I glared at him, trying to figure out whether he was lying or not. "Whatever your reasons were, this...her, was not okay."

I walked away after that to Kyle's car.

"I'm sorry the date didn't go as planned," I apologized when he dropped me off.

"I'm sorry too," he said. "But don't worry, we can try this again another time. Just the two of us," he added.

"That will be awesome," I said smiling. I gave him a quick kiss and walked into my house.