Chapter 5: Just In Case You Want To Kidnap Me

Start from the beginning

He just looked at me and laughed. "You think I'm going to kidnap you Michaels?"

I shrugged. "Let's just get going," I said.

"Okay Princess," he said and got the car moving. Princess? What was up with him and pet names?

We arrived at a place call Frank's Fro-Yo's. It was quite small but cozy. I had been here just a few times.

"What can I get you?" a guy behind the counter asked.

"Vanilla, in a cup please," I quickly said.

Shawn just stared at me and made a face. "What?" I asked.

"Seriously? Vanilla?"

"Well yeah," I replied. "Oh, with sprinkles," I added and he chuckled.

"Strawberry," he said as the guy handed me my ice cream. Now it was my turn to look at him.

"Strawberry?" I asked.

"Tastes better than vanilla," he replied as he took his.

"I don't know how I could even watch you eat that," he said as we sat down in a booth in the corner of the shop.

"Back at you," I retorted, my eyes still fixed on my ice cream.

"So what's the deal with you? Why are you so up tight?" he asked.

I rose an eyebrow at him. "I am not up tight," I said.

"I beg to differ. You seem like you are."

"What so after three lessons you think you know me?" I asked.

He chuckled. "I think I've got you figured out Michaels," he replied.

"You do know I have a first name right?" I asked again but he ignored me.

"Okay, you say you know me. Please," I said gesturing with my hands. "Tell me about myself."

"Well for starters you're a control freak," he began. I opened my mouth to say something but I stopped myself. I wasn't exactly a control freak, I just liked things in order.

"You seem like someone who has to get everything perfect," he continued. "You bite your lip or play with your hair when you think...or get nervous." Damn he was good. I didn't even realize I did that a lot till now.

"You're smart."

I rolled my eyes at that one. I didn't mean to sound cocky but I already knew that, everyone did.

"You like music. You probably play," he said. I was really surprised at that one. How did he guess that?

"How did you-"

"Your necklace Michaels," he said motioning his head towards the necklace I was wearing. "I'm not psychic or anything. Even I can't be that amazing."

I rolled my eyes again. "Oh," I said playing with my necklace. My dad got it for me last Christmas. It had a musical note charm on it.

"And I know you've got a fire," he added .

"Fire?" I asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, fire. You play it safe Michaels. Everybody's good girl. But I know you're more than that. You've got a wild side Princess, and I'm gonna bring it out," he finished.

"And how exactly are you going to do that?" I asked.

He smirked. "Just wait."

We finished our ice cream and stepped outside. I shivered against the cold wind and he noticed. He took off the black leather jacket he was wearing and offered it to me.

I smirked. "Such a gentleman aren't you?"

"Oh come on Michaels I'm trying to be nice," he groaned.

I took the jacket and put it on with a smile. I gotta admit the names were kind of cute.

"Later," he said as he pulled over at my house.

"Later Shawn. And please, don't forget to do the homework," I said as I got out.

"Hey your jacket!" I shouted when he began to drive away.

"Keep it!" he shouted back. "Plenty more where that came from!"

I shook my head as I walked in. I had dinner and went up to my room. I tossed his jacket at the back of my closet. After my shower I sat on my bed and thought about my day. I had seen a different side of Shawn. Sure it was still the cocky, know-it-all side but he was also funny and dare I say...nice. Maybe Austin was right, tutoring Shawn wasn't going to be as bad as I thought.