Three-Way Call

{Demi's POV}

After dropping Colin off I head home and make some calls. Taking Colin's advice, I decide that if I'm that bored, I do need to make the most of it. So I wanna get back into song writing, and getting into the studio with the artist, make music again. I wanna do advocacy work. I'm just a lot more motivated, and knowing that I have Colin's full support makes me feel that much better about it.

Later I get an email from Colin regarding the details of this marriage retreat. He booked it for next week and we're leaving on Sunday afternoon and coming back the following Saturday morning, and his parents are gonna come and keep an eye on the kids.

I get a random phone call from CeCe. I'm surprised because usually I have to call her first, unless of course she's calling to ask for something.

"Hey sweetie."

"Hey mom." I hear two voices instead of one.

"Hey girls, what's up?"

"Nothing, just wanted to talk to our beautiful mother."

"Okay, what do you want?" There's silence. "If you don't tell me what you want, I can't help you."

"We uhhh, wanna go on a trip for spring break."

"Mmmkay. What kinda trip are we talking about?"

"Panama City."

"With who?"

"Some friends from school...Odell...some friends from school."

"Odell huh?" I ask.

"Yeah...but when you talk it over with daddy you have to ease him into it."

"When I talk to daddy? Oh no. You're telling him yourself. You both can." I say.

"Mooooooom. No!!" They both whine.

"This is what we called you for. You're good at making dad say yes...use your magic mama!"

I sigh. "Fine. I will talk it over with him soon."

"How soon? So we can let our friends know?"

"Daddy and I are going on this marriage retreat and I'll talk to him about it then."

"Marriage retreat?"

"Yeah."

"When?"

"Next week."

"Well that sounds exciting. Have fun."

"Yeah, just whatever you do...don't come back pregnant."

"Please don't. It'll be hella weird if your new son or daughter is the same age as your soon to be grandchild." I'm at a loss for words.

"You know what you two...don't you have homework or something to do?"

"Nope." I sigh and continue the three way conversation for the next 20 or so minutes.