Chapter 63

{Demi's POV}

Colin leaves and as much as I don't want to leave the house that's in BOTH of or names, I go ahead and do so. Making multiple trips from the bedroom to the garage where my Range Rover is, I fill it up with all of my clothes, shoes, jewelry and anything else that's mine.

I open the garage and pull out. I press the button to let the garage door down as I back out of the driveway. I leave and make the road trip to LA. Not gonna spend my nights in a hotel room. We have a place in LA and that's where I'm gonna stay until I figure all this out.

***************

{Colin's POV}

I decide to pick up Dylan from school today. I figured Demi would still be packing her stuff. I go ahead and send her a text letting her know that I'm gonna pick her up. We go back to the school because I have practice.

I can obviously tell that what's going on between me and Demi is having an effect on CJ because it's showing on the practice field right now. His heads not in it. I would pull him out and have him gather himself on the side line, but unfortunately, he's my only quarterback.

After the last drill, I blow my whistle and everybody brings it in.

"Good practice today. You boys have been working hard ever since the season started, even before that...and I'm proud of what you've done so far. 5 and 0. I don't think I can ask for anything better. Tomorrow, practice during the class period only, day after that, we suit up and get ready for battle...alright let's clap it up." We break out of the huddle and the boys go to the locker room to shower and change.

"How come mommy didn't come to get me." Dylan asks as she takes a seat by my desk in my office. We're gonna hang out in here till all the boys leave.

"Because she was busy."

"Oh. You should pick me up often. I like coming to watch practice."

"We'll see. While we're waiting, you can get that math homework you didn't do."

"Fine." She sighs.

"You're gonna get enough of conning me little girl."

"But you fall for it every time."

"Yeah, well I'm not anymore." She sticks her tongue out at me and stick mine out at her. CJ finally walks in my office.

"How many left in the locker room?"

"I was the last one. I'm gonna be waiting outside."

"Wait, I wanna come with you!" Dylan says. She puts her homework in her backpack.

"Better finish it at home."

"I will."

While I'm getting my stuff together, I text Demi.

Me: We're about to leave the school. Be home in about 20 minutes so you can say goodnight to the kids.

Demi: I'm at the house in LA.

Me: So what, you're just gonna leave your kids?

Demi: No, I'm not leaving them. But I'm not about to stay in a hotel. I'm here until I figure this shit out.

Me: You're so full of shit. You too good to stay in a hotel now?

Demi: They don't even want to see me.

Me: Oh, so that's what it's about.

Demi: I'll be back Friday to see them.

Me: Whatever. Shit, don't even bother.