Chapter 70

The afternoon rolls around and I pull up to chipotle on time, and so does Lori. We pull up at the same time and park right next to each other.

"I see you like to be prompt." I say as we both get out of the car.

"As do you."

"Yeah well I've always had that first to arrive...last to leave type of mentality, so needless to say, I really don't like being late."

"I like that. I'd prefer all my clients be on time."

"Oh so this is a business lunch?"

"Aren't you married?" She randomly blurts out.

"...it's complicated."

"It's either yes or no."

I sigh. "Separated."

"Legally?"

"No. But we aren't together." I say as I open the door for her. There's kind of a line but it goes by quick. Once we get our food and drinks we go to the side and sit on the bar stools instead of sitting in the more open area.

"So...what happened?" She asks.

"What do you mean?"

"With your marriage."

"Long story...what about you? No husband?"

"Nope. Never happened for me. Been a single parent, well we've been doing the whole co-parenting thing but sometime it feels like I'm the only one, but I never let that stop me."

"I see that. You're doing pretty well for yourself.."

"And how do you know...based off the car I drive?"

"I could have gone off of that, but I did my research on you, and you have a pretty good resume."

"I did a little digging on you as well..."

"Yeah? What'd you find?"

"Nothing but the obvious. Former football player, 5 Super Bowl wins, and now high school head football coach. So it really didn't do much for me."

"Okay...so what is it that you want to know that the Internet didn't tell you?"

"I would go there, but this is a business lunch, remember?"

"How bout we both cut the crap and call this what it really is..."

"What is it?"

"A lunch date. Is trying to get to know each other, because I find you extremely attractive."

"How long have you been separated?"

"Mmm, about a month...but honestly, it feels much longer than that."

"Was it that bad?"

"Yeah...but I don't wanna talk about that right now."

She nods and we have a nice lunch. We talk, get to know each other. She tells me about her, her family, some stuff about her son and I do the same in return. After realizing that she's late, we clean up and walk out the restaurant.

"So I'd like to see you again, if that's possible."

"Erikson's dad is picking him up from practice and he's gonna stay with him...we could go out to dinner tonight."

"How bout that...my kids are gonna be at their mom's tonight....I'll text you with details later...that is, if I can actually get your number."

"Smooth." I hand her my phone and she puts her number under my phone under Ms. Lori.