Chapter 17

{Colin's POV}

A few weeks go by and it's Thanksgiving. I have no game, and we're gonna be spending it in LA with Demi's family, and then fly out to Turlock to spend it with mine. We been layin low and chillin. Demi and the kids still live in LA, and I fly in the evening before my off day. I haven't really been able to talk to Demi's parents or any of her family members since we decided to work things out, and I'm kinda nervous and I don't know why. I mean her parents and I are on good terms, so it shouldn't be that bad. I'm finish getting CJ ready, and lil man looks good as always. I get his bag ready with a spare change of clothes, throw it around my shoulder and pick him up. We walk to my room so I can spray him with my cologne. "Now you look and smell good. Just like me." "Like you papa!" He says. "That's right. Lets go see if your sisters are ready." I pick him back up and we walk to the girls' room.

"Y'all ready?" "Almost." Demi says while sliding on Cali's shirt. The twins are already done. "You guys look really handsome." She says then gives CJ a kiss on the cheek and gives me one on the lips. "CJ you smell good honey." "I smell like papa." "Gave him some of my cologne." "Thought that was a familiar smell." "Y'all finally ready. I'm hungry as hell." "Yeah, we're ready." She grabs their bag that has clothes in it as well, just in case they get dirty before going to my parents. We walk out the house, and I lock the door with a key she gave me when I left that week we decided to make things work. We get the kids loaded into the car and I pull out the drive way. We finally pull up to her parents house and looks like everyone's already here. The twins hop out and go to the door. "Everyone's okay with us being back together right?" I ask as she gets Cali out of her seat and I get CJ out of his. "Yeah, why wouldn't they be." "I don't know. I'm probably just over thinking things." "Yeah. You are. Believe it or not...my dad still likes you, and so does my mom...Dallas and Maddie too. Nothing's changed Colin." "Okay. That makes me feel a little better."

We go in the house, and I greet her parents first. Her mom with a hug and her dad a handshake. "How you doin son?" He says. "Great...now that I'm starting to get my life back." I say looking over at Demi and the kids. She catches me staring and looks over and smiles. We start talking about football, and talk about playoffs and all that. The season is slowly dwindling. I have no doubt in my mind that we're going to playoffs...I want another Superbowl. I didn't get it last year, and I'm itching for another. I wanna go down as one of the greatest quarterbacks. I still have a while to achieve it, but I wanna let everybody know, that I'm comin for it. After discussing football, Dianna calls everyone in the family room so we can say grace. Demi stands next to me, the kids including Wesley are over by Maddie. We join hands. "I'd like to bless the food, if that's okay." I say. Dianna and Eddie both give me a nod of approval. We join hands, bow heads and I say grace. I make the kids plates, and she makes ours. We don't eat much. Gotta save room to eat at my parents. There's a table set up for the kids and they sit there. Colin and I go to the family room where the football game is being watched.

"So, are you two getting married again?" Dallas asks. "We're in no rush. Right baby?" She says looking at me. "That's right. No rush at all. We're just enjoying the moment. Kinda feels like when we first started dating to be honest." "Ahhhh y'all's PDA days. No one misses those." Dallas says. "What...of course you do...how did those days go babe?" She asks. "I don't know. Something like this." I say crashing my lips into hers and making her fall over on the couch." She breaks the kiss by laughing. "We're trynna watch the game." Ben says. "We have some haters baby." "They just mad cause they ain't cute like we are....besides, ain't nobody worried bout them wack ass cowboys." I say, knowing it'll piss Dallas off. She's gone be a ride or die cowboy fan no matter what. "Whatever Colin." That's all she can say cause we beat them early in the season, so she can't talk shit. Demi and I just laugh about it.

After being at Demi's for a little bit, it's time to catch this flight to Turlock. We're taking a private jet because its quicker. We get to the airport and we park in the garage cause we're only gonna be gone till tonight. We get to the plane and soon we're landing in Turlock. The kids are excited to see my parents, aunts and uncles, and their cousin Ezekiel. We get to the house, and my parents are happy to see the kids, and real happy to see Demi. They seem a lot more happier to see her than their own son, but it's whatever. "Hmm...seems like your parents really miss me." "Yeah, well you gave them four grand kids and make their son happy. Of course they'd miss you...." I say and she smiles. We stay over here for a while, eat some more, play dominoes and card games, then it's about time to head out. After saying good bye to everyone, Kyle takes us to the airport.

We get back to LA and we get back to the house. Unfortunately, I have to be back in San Francisco by tomorrow afternoon because we have an away game this Sunday. After giving the kids baths, they all fall asleep immediately, instead of Cayleigh. I'm not sleepy and she chills on the couch with me and watch TV. I'm not gonna make her go to sleep, because she doesn't have school tomorrow. Demi fell asleep after the kids went. "Daddy..." "What's up." "Thank you." "For what?" "For making my birthday wish come true." I smile. She doesn't fall asleep till almost 2. I carry her to her room and put her in bed. "Good night baby girl." "Night daddy." She whispers and turns over. I pull the cover over her and give her a kiss. I go to the room, and take my sweatpants off, get in bed and cuddle up to Demi. She turns and faces me, and I give her a kiss on the forehead. "I love you." She says. I give her a long, passionate kiss. "I love you too." I roll over on my pack and get comfortable and she does the same, but she rests her head on my chest, and we both fall asleep.

A few days later and it's game day, against the Seattle Seahawks. I wish Demi and the kids were here, but the kids are with Demi's parents, and Demi's actually out of town for a movie audition tomorrow. She's nervous as hell. She hasn't acted in so long, but she's good as hell at it, and I know she'll do fine. Believe it or not, I'm nervous myself. I get nervous before every game, and it's not that I'm scared...I just wanna play well and get the win. The bus pulls into the stadium and we all file out of the bus. I walk to the locker room and in my locker are a bouquet of red and yellow roses. "Uh oh...who sendin you flowers." Michael asks. "Now you know this can only be one woman..." I say. There's a note attached to it.

"Thought I'd be the one to send the flowers this time. Ha. Good luck today. Go out there and play your game. You can't fool me, I get pre-show gitters all the time before concerts, so I recognize them when I see them. You got this. Beat the Seattle Seachickens. I love you."

I smile like an idiot. This is a little corny, cheesy and slightly embarrassing but I don't care. None of these guys' wives send them flowers, so who's the real winner here....me. I send Demi a text message before starting to get ready to warm up.

C: Thanks a lot for the roses. I love them, and I love you😘

D: You're welcome my love. I'll be watching....btw, I need at least 300+ passing yards, 3 touchdown passes, atleast one touchdown by you and 60+ rushing yards.

C: Yes ma'am, Coach Lovato👌💯

I go out and try to achieve just that. We win the game, and I end with 313 passing yards, got the 3 touchdown passes, got my rushing touchdown, and barely got by with 61 rushing yards. After doing a quick interview, I head into the tunnel, handing a kid my glove, and another kid my hat on the way in. I get to the locker room to shower and change. While heading to where the press conference is held, I check my phone.

D: Straight beast mode😎👊

C: You already know baby.

D: Come to New York to celebrate😏

C: oooooooo and coach givin us tomorrow off. I'll be there tonight😩🙌

D: See you then🙈