Chapter 50

{Colin's POV}

After a summer of hanging with my kids, prepping for the next football season, and working out with CJ, it's finally that for football practices to start. Last year caused a few problems between me and Demi, so I have to try and tailor my schedule to please her, or I might find myself divorced and single by the end of the season. That sounds a little extreme, but that's literally the worst that could happen. We're taking the kids shopping. I gave them $500 each and told them not to bother me after it's all gone. They get so much stuff prior to school starting, they don't need much.

While they're off shopping, Dylan stays with me and Demi. She's going to middle school, and I don't know how to feel about this. She's the baby out of them all. I'm starting to get "Demi emotions" and shit.

"Alright Dylan, what store we goin to first."

"I don't know...we can start with shoes I guess."

"Baby, you have enough shoes don't you think?"

"Yeah, but I can't fit a lot of them."

"Yeah, well you can thank daddy for the big feet because he passed them down to all you kids."

"Aye, don't be talkin bout my feet."

"Am I lying though?"

"Nah, you not.."

"Mhhm. Exactly." Dylan had walked a head of us and walked in before we did and went immediately to a pair of sneakers I'm guessing she's had her eye on.

"I want these." She says.

"You like those?" I ask.

"Yeah. Me and CJ said we would both get them."

"Is that right? What other type of stuff do you and your brother talk about?" Demi asks.

"Lots of stuff."

"Demi, she's 11. He's not gonna talk about that type of stuff with her." She's been trying to find out this whole summer if he's still a virgin or not because he spent majority of his summer with Jasmine when he wasn't doing workouts. Prying as usual..can't change that.

"Never hurts to ask."

"Yeah, well I'm pretty sure she don't even know what it is and lets keep it that way." She nods and leaves the subject alone.

********************

{CJ's POV}

Me, Cali and CeCe are walking around the mall going to different stores and stuff.

"So what's up with you and this Odell dude?" I ask CeCe.

"Nothing really. I mean him being drafted to the giants kinda ruined everything. He's on the other side of the country. Which is a bummer...I was starting to actually like him."

"Why not try it. He's fine as hell." Cali says.

"I wouldn't say all that personally, but yeah, give it a try..that is if he's willing to as well."

"Well see, I don't wanna be all like lets try it and he be like nahh, I'm good."

"Man, if he turns you down, he's a fool." I say.

"You are the sweetest little brother, when you're not a pain in my ass. So how are things with you and jasmine?"

"Do you even have to ask...those two are with each other 24/7."

"You know what...don't be jealous because you can't get a girlfriend."

"I can get a girlfriend, that's no problem...I just choose not to have one."