Chapter 78

{Colin's POV}

It's been a couple months since Demi handed me the divorce papers, and to be honest, they're still underneath my seat. Lori thinks they're filed. It usually takes a few months after filing them for the divorce to become final.

Me and Lori's one year anniversary is coming up next week and I've been in the midst of planning a nice dinner on a yacht. Not planning on any big proposals or anything, but it is a special day. I'm laying in bed finalizing everything before she walks upstairs. She walks in before I do and I click out of it and move to the page where I was searching for CJ a car. She strips to her panties and bra then gets in bed and rests her head on my shoulder.

"Oooo that's nice." She says looking at the black matte Range Rover on the screen.

"Yeah, I think he'll really like it. He gone get this and not know how to act. Gonna think he the freshest kid in the school."

"Good thing he's not the type to get a big head. You've taught them all well."

"Thank you." I shut the laptop down and put it on the nightstand. I wrap my arms around her and snuggle up to her. "Mmmm I love you."

"I love you too." I kiss start leaving gentle kisses on her chest.

"Someone's in the mood."

"I am. Tomorrow's game day. I need some good luck sex."

"Hmmm maybe I can help you out with that."

"I know you can." I say getting on top of her.

*********************

{Demi's POV}

I wake up feeling sicker than ever. I hadn't been feeling well the past couple days and now I just feel terrible, but I still have motherly furor to tend to. I get up to wake up Dylan so she can get ready for school.

Once she finishes getting dressed, she walks in he kitchen. "You okay?" She asks.

"Not really. I don't feel too well sweetie. But if you're gonna eat cereal or something, do it now, we're leaving in about 15 minutes."

"Okay."

I take her to school and come back home. The entire day I take nothin but medicine to try and get better before the game tonight, and it just wasn't working. I couldn't keep anything down. Whatever I ate or drank, it came back up. Even when I didn't eat anything, I was still throwing up. Dylan goes to the game with Cali and instead of going to the game, I end up going to the ER because it's just too much for me to handle. I end up getting admitted and having to stay.

*********************

{Colin's POV}

Standing on the sidelines, watching the offense run out to the field, I look in the stands and I see Lori...but don't see Demi or Dylan. I scan some more and see Dylan with Cali. I get confused because Demi never misses a game and she's never late. I catch Cali's attention and tell her to come down to the field. She's stopped at the steps that you walk down to get to the field and I have walk over. "I'll be right back." I hand off my head sets and run over to her.

"Where's your mom?"

"I don't know. I tried to call her, but she didn't answer...wait...this is her right now."

She answers the phone and walks away to where she can hear. I stand there until she comes back.

"Where is she, is everything okay."