Marriage Retreat Pt. 4

{Colin's POV}

I don't have time for Demi and her bullshit. We took a step forward on to take 3 steps back. I go take a walk on one of the trails, despite it being 30 something degrees outside...maybe even colder.

During the walk, my phone starts ringing and it's CJ.

"What's up son?"

"Nothing really...I just miss you old man, ya know." He sounds off.

"....alright...what's wrong?"

"I can't do this dad."

"Can't do what?"

"I can't raise a baby....I'm not ready. I'm still being raised myself...." He says all in one breath and I stop him.

"Okay, junior....breathe."

"I'm sorry pops. I don't even know why I called, I don't wanna ruin your vacation."

"No you're fine. I'm your father. I'm suppose to be here for you. And believe me when I say, you aren't ruining anything." I step over a big ass tree that apparently fell down. "Listen to me closely okay?"

"I'm listening."

"You will be a great father...you know why, because you got me. Have I always been a good father to you?"

"Nothing but."

"Exactly. And when you were little, what did you always use to say when someone asked what's you wanna be?"

"For real, we're gonna do this pops?"

"Hell yeah we are. What did you always use to say?"

"I said I always wanted to be like my papa."

"Yup. And what did I tell you?"

"You said that I should be better than you."

"Bingo. We just established I'm a good father, but you're gonna be an even better one. I have 7 months to get you ready, and you will be."

"What if I need help after that?"

"I ain't going anywhere. I'm still gonna be there for you."

"Thanks pops."

"No problem." I say not noticing that I'm going down a hill and I slip and fall and my big ass takes a long tumble. "Shit."

"Yo, you okay? What was that?" He asks.

"Nothing. I'm good. Just took a little fall."

"A little...sounded like a big ass fall." He laughs. "Where are you?"

"I just took a little walk, to get some fresh air."

"Okay, old man. I'll let you get back to your walk."

"Alright, man. Don't hesitate to call if you need me."

"I won't."

"I love you."

"Love you too pops." He says and we hang up.

*************************

{Demi's POV}

After talking with the kids, I look at the clock and it's 8:30...Colin hasn't come back to the cabin. I decide to call him, a few times and he didn't answer. It rings like twice then goes straight to voicemail. I figure it's dead.

I throw on sweatpants, a hoodie and shoes and head to the main cabin to search for him, and he's not there. I go back outside and walk a little further out. "Colin..." I call out, no answer.

I call his phone again and no answer, this time I leave a message. "Baby, I know you're mad, but come back to the cabin and let's just talk. Not argue, but talk. Or at least call me back or something....I love you."