Chapter 72

{Colin's POV}

I wake up to my alarm going off around 8. Cayleigh's coming home for Christmas and she's gonna be here a few days. I'm excited to have all my kids together at once. I've missed my daughter so much.

I look over to Lori who's still quietly sleeping. The kids are with Demi, Erikson's with his dad, and I'm taking advantage of the few nights we do get to spend together. The past couple months we've been dating have been good. We're still nowhere close to telling the kids, but things are real between us.

I quietly shift around to get out of bed and she clings on to me, making me smile.

"Do you have to go?" She groans.

"Yeah...I promised Cayleigh I'd pick her up."

"I know, I know." She plants a gentle kiss on my chest. "How long till we see each other?"

"Mmmm, I'll be able to sneak away, so there's no need to worry."

"It's okay. You really don't have to. Spend as much time as you need to with your daughter...well, daughters I should say, since they'll both be leaving."

I sigh. "Don't remind me. Not ready to have them both out."

"I can't tell you I know how it feels, but it'll be okay. They're going off to make something of themselves."

"Funny, because that's how I think about it. I don't want them to leave, but they're on the path to success and I can't be mad at that." I look at my phone. "I should start getting ready."

She lets me go and I get up and get ready.

"Call me later." She says.

"I will." I lean over and give her a kiss. "Promise." I give her another peck on the lips.

"Mmm wait, I want another one." I give her one.

"Keep this up and I'll never leave." We kiss again.

"Okay, leave now." She says.

"Just one more." I give her one last kiss. "I'll call you." I say as I walk out the room. I lock the door with the key she gave me.

I get to the airport and pull up to the drop off/pick up section. I stand outside of the car and wait. While I'm waiting, my phone buzzes.

Ms. Lori❤️: I miss you.

Me: I miss you too.

Ms. Lori❤️: If you can; come back to me soon.

Me: I'm gonna try baby😘

"Dad..." I look up and Cayleigh's walking up to the car. She drops her bag before getting to me and gives me the biggest hug. "I missed you daddy."

"I missed you too Cayleigh bug. So happy you're home." I walk over to grab her bag. "Come on. Let's go." I put her bag in the back seat and we head over to Demi's.

"How was the flight?"

"Long! But I slept most of the way....so, how's life."

"Good. What about you, how's school goin?"

"Other than the times I wanna rip my hair out, good."

"What's making you wanna rip your hair out?"

"My classes. It's a lot of work compared to high school."

"I told you that before you left, did you not believe me?"

"I thought you were over exaggerating."