Chapter 74

[5 Months Later]

{Colin's POV}

Things have been going well over the past five months. Cali killed it in basketball this season, picked up where she left off last year even though her sisters aren't playing anymore. Made it to playoffs. Lost in the second round but led the team in scoring. CJ played basketball as well to pass time and stay in shape and then he played baseball. The kids stay busy but I love it. I love watching my kids play sports. Glad they never bought into the pageants when they were young.

Lori would come to the games with me. Dylan warmed up to her fairly quickly and I'm happy about that. CeCe not so much. Lori drove with me to LA to see one of the games, even though she's not gonna be able to play till next year. When we came, she wasn't too happy about Lori being there, so I'm not gonna force it. She'll come around. I don't know when, but she will.

The girls finally get to come home for their summer break and I'm excited. I've want to take them all on a vacation like Demi and I always did during the summer and now that the twins are done with school, I have all the kids together. I've been contemplating if I want ask Lori if she wants to come and bring Erikson along.

On my lunch break, I go over to Lori's since it's her day off.

"Baby!!" I say as I walk in the house.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" She asks walking out of her room.

"I just wanted to come and see you."

"You sure that's all you wanted..."

"Maybe a little more, but it look like you're about to head out."

"Yeah, I was about to meet Shelby and Tasha for lunch then go to the spa...you should come to lunch."

"Nah, I'm good. Last time I went to lunch with you and your friends, I was interrogated. I'll pass."

"Baby, that's was a while back and their first time ever meeting you."

"...and?"

"And they just wanted to get to know you, that's all. It won't be that bad."

"I'm good. I'll just pick up somethin on my way back to work...but I did wanna ask you something."

"What's up?"

"I wanna take my kids on a trip once the rest of them get out of school in a couple weeks. I want you and Erikson to go."

"Are they okay with it?"

"Well, they actually don't know about the trip yet. While I was at work, I was looking up places to go."

"What'd you find?"

"I was thinking about Hawaii, but they've been already, so maybe the Bahamas..ever been?"

"I haven't...I've always wanted to."

"Good, so you'll go then?"

"When?"

"A couple days after they get out of school and be there for a few days to a week."

"Okay."

"Okay...you and Erikson will go?"

"Yeah, we'll go."