Chapter 10

I dosed off a little after Cayleigh did. I wake up, look over and she's sitting up watching TV. I gently throw the pillow at her. "Dadddddyyy!" She says laughing. "Ready to go back with your brother and sisters?" She nods. "Are you leaving again?" "In a few days." "So can I stay here till you leave?" "If you want to." She nods. "Well we need to go back to mommy's house to get you some clothes." "Okay." I get up, brush my teeth and we leave. We get to the house, I knock and she lets me in. "She wants to come back to the hotel and spend a few days with me. Matter fact, how bout I spend time with all 4 of them and they don't have to be around ya little boyfriend." She doesn't say anything. "What, you didn't think my daughter would tell me bout it." "Yeah. I introduced the kids to my boyfriend Colin. When did that become a crime?" "I don't know this dude, I don't know what he's about, and I don't want him around my kids, and I meant that shit when I said it. You didn't want any women around them, and I damn sure don't want no man around them." "Oh please, don't even try and compare him to the little whores you run around with." "You don't know shit about what I do."

"Yeah but I know you Colin. There's no way you've been slumping around doing nothing." "Like I said, you don't know what it is that I do. I told you...I didn't want him around them." "Get over it. I can do whatever I want. They're my children. They live with me full time." "Whatever. I just want them for the 3 days that I'm here." "That's fine." I walk back to their rooms and the girls are playing and CJ's sitting there watching them. "Hey...wanna go with daddy for a few days?" They all agree. "Okay, pack some clothes, and I'm gonna go get brother's bag together....come on man, lets to get your stuff together." I walk out of their room and we run into Demi. "So what are you guys gonna do?" "I don't know. We'll figure something out." I get his bag and stuff together, Demi helps the girls get their stuff and we leave. I'm debating if I should just the, back to Sam Francisco now, and cancel my room at the hotel.

A few days go by and I'm taking the kids back to Demi.Once I calmed down, I decided not to take them to San Francisco, because if I did that, then it would lead into something bigger, and I may not get them for the second half of the summer. It's not worth it. I pull up to Demi's house and walk them inside. I make sure they get all settled in, and they all give me hugs and kisses. Cayleigh's the last one to give me a hug. "You remember what I told you right?" I ask. She nods. "What I say?" "That no one can replace you." "That's right. Nobody. I love you." "I love you too daddy." I give her a big hug. "I'll give you a heads up next time I come." "Thank you." I walk out and leave.

{Demi's POV}

A few months go by and my birthday is tomorrow; I'm turning 30. Yay. Dallas is throwing me a "Dirty 30's Pleasure Party"....I don't know why I agreed to that, but it should be fun...I guess. Kellen thinks the whole idea of the party is hilarious. Colin should be pulling up any minute. He's gonna have the kids for the weekend and bring them back after his game on Sunday. Cali turned 4 at the beginning of month, and started school with her sisters. The girls are in first grade now. They're growing up so fast. There's a knock at the door, and it's Colin. dad's here." I yell as i open the door. The four of them come from the girls room. "Hey...kids all ready?" "Yup." "So what are you doing to celebrate the big 3-0." "I can show you better than I can tell you." I say. He follows me into the kitchen, and there's a couple boxes full of decorations and stuff. I pull out one of the decorations and he laughs. "You know what this reminds me of?" He asks "What?" "Those lipstick dicks from your bridal shower. This party has Dallas written all over it.." "Yup. This was all her idea." "Well I hope you enjoy yourself and have a great birthday." "Thank you." He gets the kids bags, I give them kisses and hugs and they leave.

{Colin's POV}

The kids and I finally make it to San Francisco. I'm excited to have them for the weekend. We had a great time second half of summer. My parents looked after CJ and Cali and I took the twins with to the ESPYs awards with me as my dates. They got a kick out of it, and took pictures with some of the people they love watching on TV...wether they play football or basketball. When we get home they all chill on the couch. I call my barber to make a house visit because my hair usually gets a little rough towards the beginning of the season. He comes by and gets me right. "You think you can get my son?" "Yeah bring him in." I go get him and bring him back and sit him in the chair. He looks terrified. He puts the cape around him.

The minute he hears those clippers, he freaks out. "Hey..calm down. He's not gonna hurt you." "No papa." "He won't. Just sit still." I get him to calm down, and he lets him cut his hair. Demi might kill me for this, but she'll get over it. After getting haircuts, I order pizza for the kids cause they're starving. While we're handing out, eating pizza, watching TV. "So how's school goin?" I ask the twins. "I don't like my teacher." Cay'Lyn says. "Why?" "She's mean." "How do you know...school only started 4 days ago." "I know daddy. And I can just tell that she's mean." "Cayleigh what about you...do you think she's mean?" "I don't know. I think she's okay." "Of course you do." Cay'Lyn says. Cayleigh scowls at her. "Okay, enough." I say before an argument starts. We continue to watch TV and I get a text from Brittany. I've hung out with her a few times during the first half of summer when I didn't have the kids. She's not someone I see worthy of bringing around my kids yet. I've accepted the fact that Demi is dating this dude, and that he's gonna be around my kids. But let one of the kids tell me he does something to them, or Demi, I'll beat his ass. This is all we do the rest of the day.

{Demi's POV}

A little after Colin and the kids leave, I lay on the couch and watch TV until its time to start getting ready for my date with Kellen tonight. Due to the theme of the party tomorrow, he's not going, because he'd be the only male, and I'm sure he'll be uncomfortable. So he's taking me to dinner tonight. The kids really like him, well 3 out of the 4. Cayleigh doesn't really talk or give him the same amount of attention that the others do. I've tried talking to her, and he tries his best to get on her good side, but she doesn't budge...and I'm not gonna force her to like him. Just as long as she's not rude and disrespectful. I'm glad that it's her that doesn't like him, instead of Cay'Lyn, because she'd be the one to be rude and disrespectful. Hopefully Cayleigh will come around, but it's looking like it won't happen anytime soon.

Later that day, I get ready for dinner. Next month will make it six months that Kellen and I have been together. He makes me really happy and we have a great time together. I really haven't taken it to the next level with him, and I'm a little scared to. I haven't had sex with any other guy but Colin. I would be up for it tonight because its been months, and I kinda need it. I hate to say it, but Dallas was right, and since Colin finally stopped coming on to me, and luring me in to have sex with him, I've experienced a bit of a drought, but that's all gonna change tonight. I was thinking I should wait till after the party to use some of the things that I learn tomorrow, but sex isn't just a one time thing. Being with Colin, he set some high standards in the bedroom. I'm just hoping that it will be the same, if not better. Anything less....then I'll probably have to adjust. I'm not gonna break up with him because of bad sex. He's picking me up at 7:30, so I start getting ready around 6. I finish getting ready just in time. As I get ready to head downstairs, he's at my doorstep, ringing the doorbell.