Chapter 69

{CJ's POV}

It's been almost a month since my parents have gone through their issues. It's gotten better to deal with. My girl is always there for me when I need someone to talk to and my dad has started to move on and accept it. I don't know if they're divorce is final or if they've even filed for it.

After going undefeated in the regular season, we find ourselves playing for the state championship once again, and I'm too juiced about it. We've worked hard for it and I definitely think it's something we deserve. I've gotten so much attention from the media that I definitely don't want, it's nothing negative but I don't too much care for it.

The bell rings and I walk out my class to meet up with Jasmine, and I see her walkin, talkin and laughing with some other dude. I've never seen him before and I need him to back up a little bit.

"Hey babe." She says as I walk up and I can see his facial expression change.

"I guess I'll get goin."

"Good idea." I say and he walks off.

"What was that about?" She asks.

"Who was that...never seen him before."

"That's Erikson. Today's his first day."

"He looked like he was flirting with you."

"Awwww, you're jealous."

"I'm not jealous..I just don't like how he was lookin at you. That's all."

"You know you don't have to worry, right?"

"I know. I know. It's not you I worry about, it's these other dudes. Have you notice that you get a lot of attention now."

"Unwanted attention..mainly because of you." She smirks.

"Blaming me because I like to show everyone how lucky I am that I have you..."

"Basically." She giggles. "Stop worrying." She says looking up at me.

"I'll try."

********************

Later that day, after leaving study hall, before going to the locker room to get ready for practice, I pop by dad's office, and see him talkin to the guy from earlier today.

"You're more than welcome to come to practice and watch, actually I encourage it. If you feel up to it, I'll give you practice gear and you can take a few reps, show us what you got. And I can get a feel for which team I should put you on." My dad says as I walk in on them.

"That sounds good."

"Great. Meet me by the supply closet in about 5 minutes and I'll get you set up."

"Yes sir." He says and looks at me before walking out.

"What was that about?" I ask.

"Might have found you a back up for next year, or if this kid's any good, you can go back to wide receiver."

"I'm actually good where I am. I've grown to love being a quarterback."

"Good to hear. His name is.."

"I know what his name is...saw him talkin to Jas and.."

"You thought he was flirting with her?"

"No, he was." He chuckles. "It's not funny."