"I will. And thank you so much." I stand up and shake his hand.

********************

{Colin's POV}

The kids actually ended up going to school after the funeral. I stayed home with Lori and cuddled on the couch with her until it was time to get Dylan.

"I'm gonna go pick up Dylan. I'm gonna drop her off at her mom's. I'll be right back."

I leave and go get Dylan and take her to Demi.

"Doesn't look like mom's here. But come on, let's go in and wait I'll she comes."

"Okay."

"You have homework?"

"Unfortunately."

"Alright, hop on it."

"Can't I just wait till later?"

"Nope. Get to it."

"Fine."

I sit on the couch and she sits next to me and starts her homework.

"What you workin on?"

"Geometry."

"Need help?"

"No. I got it."

"Okay, well if you need help, I'm here."

"Okay." She finished her homework and Demi still hasn't come so she snuggles up to me and we watch tv.

"Is Ms. Lori gonna be okay?"

"I'd say yes, but she just lost her son and it's gonna take a while to recover from that. I'd be crushed if I lost one you kids. I don't know what I'd do."

"Is that why you're so protective."

"Majority of the time, yeah. I wanna make sure y'all are safe at all times. Y'all are my everything. Even your mom. We may not be together but I'll do anything for her."

"I'm confused. Why do you date someone else, and you'll still do anything for mommy."

"She's still my bestfriend. And bestfriends have each other's back." We hear the door open and Demi walks in the living room.

"Hey sweetie."

"Hey mom. Where'd you go?"

"I went to go take care of something. How was school?"

"Good."

I stand up and get ready to leave.

"Daddy, do you have to leave now?"

"I do. I gotta make sure Ms. Lori is okay. I'll see you tomorrow."

"K."

"Come here and give me some love. She walks into my arms and gives me a hug. "I love you."

"I love you too." I give her a kiss on the cheek and head for the door and Demi follows me.

"Can we talk?" She asks as she steps outside.

"Yeah, what's up."

"Soooo I just came from a meeting. A very important meeting."

"About what?"

"A cure."

"Are you serious...don't lie to me." I say in disbelief.

"I swear."

"But..how?"

"I don't know. They just did it."

"When do you get the treatment?"

"They gave me some time to sleep on it. It's not that much of a cake walk as you'd think. There could be..complications. Which is why I'm telling you..to get a second opinion."

I sigh. "There's nothing I want more than for you to have a clean bill of health. It would mean the world to me to see you living your life with no worries. How great are the chances."

"That was another thing. I'm the first to try this...so there aren't any numbers that go with this study. If I go in, I'm going in blindsided."

"Damn." I say sitting in the chair on the porch.

"How severe are the risks."

"It can kill me."

"Hell nah..." I stand up and start pacing back and forth.

She stops me by pulling at my waist and bringing me closer to her. "I think I wanna do it."

"Demi, what if everything doesn't work out. W-what if I lose you?"

"Then that's what it is. We all have to go at one point."

"But not right now. What about the kids, they need you."

"As much as it pains me to say this...they have Lori. She's a good woman, and I've seen how she treats them. I trust her enough to take on my responsibilities."

"She can't replace you."

"I'm not saying replace me. But if they need a mother figure, they have her."

"How are you so content with this."

"I can't continue to try and convince myself that everything's gonna be okay when it's not. I have to accept it. I'm gonna do the treatment, and weather things go bad or good, I'm just gonna put my trust in Him." She says pointing her index finger in the direction of the sky.

"God, I hope this works." I say.

"I hope it works too. Before I do anything, I have to get my lawyer to look over the agreement they gave me to make sure I know what I'm fully getting into. Then it's all set."

"You gonna tell the kids?"

"Not yet. I don't wanna get their hopes up...but you should get goin."

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow."

********************

[The Following Friday]

{Demi's POV}

After getting my lawyer to look things over, I sign and I'm back at the office, this time, Colin is with me.

The treatment will go in 3 stages. One shot each month. So it will go into November. And before get the injection today, I have to get blood work done and I'll have to get blood work done before every injection.

Patiently waiting to get the injection, I get more and more nervous. Colin puts his hand on mine. I love that he's here with me and I'm very appreciative of him. I finally get ready to get the injection and his hand is still in mine. I take a deep breath before the needle is injected and just like that, hopefully the road to health has begun.