The Hug of Jesus

Lord why me

I don’t know where to go

So Lord take me

My hear wants to explode.

But then I hear Him say

You’ve been 

Running round in circles

Lost in your hurricane

And I’ve been

Next to you the whole time

Cryin out to say My name

And I’ll run to you

You need to feel My love right now

And I’ll comfort you

When everyone has let you down

Excerpt from the song Abandoned by Benjah

And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.  John 12:32

Palliate:  “to moderate the intensity of”  Merriam-Webster Dictionary

What’s going on in your life?  For some the sound of that question initiates a mere shrug.  For others the tears flow.  We all have something in our lives.  Something that is either blessing or breaking us.  The scariest place to be is in the place where we don’t feel anything.  It means we’re not paying attention, or that we’ve numbed ourselves to the reality of life; to the pain and the joys of living.  We’re all God’s children.  Realizing that brings our emotions, our feelings to light.  There is no one who can’t respond to the realization of our Lord and Savior standing by us in the good times and the bad; calling us to call on Him.  As I write this a news flash popped up on my phone letting me know that former British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher has died.  For all of us, there is an end to this world in sight.  No matter how great and good a person we may be.  If you can’t see it, you’re not looking.  For some it brings a welcome relief.  For others a frightening prospect.  And for all of us sadness.  Maybe not sadness for the end of our own lives, but certainly sadness at the loss of a loved one.  We live with hurt everyday.  It’s a reality that even our Savior endured.  The shortest verse in the Bible expresses His reaction to a friends death.  “Jesus wept.”  John 11:35  We’ll all weep.  It sucks.  Sometimes we’re even tempted to throw in the proverbial towel and say that life sucks.  In those moments Jesus is there with us.  He’s always with us.  He’s calling us.  He wants to comfort.  He wants shed tears with us.  If you’re not in that place in your life right now.  If life is blessing you with joy and happiness.  Praise the Lord!  He wants to work through you.  For some, His love comes in the form of your arms, embracing a friend.  For others, His comfort comes in the form of your tears, shed with another.  And still for others, He runs to them with your feet, with your words, with your actions.  We are the hands and feet of Christ.  There are times when we are His hugs, His love, and His passion.  If you need comfort, let Jesus comfort you.  If you don’t feel that need.  Be someone’s comfort.  Please.  The world needs us wherever we are.  And wherever we are, we need Him.  Let Him work in and through us.  How awesome would it be to one day find out that we were the loving arms of Jesus around a friend in need?  No matter what we’re going through, whether it be happiness, fear, or sorrow; we can work for Him.  We can be the love of the Lord throughout our generation and generations to come.  I’m reminded of the song Pass it On by Dan Britt I learned as a little boy.  “It only takes a spark to get a fire going, and soon all those around, will warm up to its glowing.  That’s how it is with God’s love, once you experience it, it fresh like spring, you want to sing, you want to pass it on.”  Let’s accept that love into our hearts.  We’re sure to pass it on.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming of?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake