It Falls on Him

“After all I’ve said and all I’ve done, for my own sake, it doesn’t fall on me...  It falls on You.”  Excerpts from the song Fall On Me by Adam Smouse

And He said, “Behold, I am making a covenant.  Before all your people I will do marvels, such as have not been created in all the earth or in any nation.  And all the people among whom you are shall see the work of the LORD, for it is an awesome thing that I will do with you.”  Exodus 34:10

Truant:  “a person who shirks or neglects his or her duty”  Dictionary.com

We are conceived into this world innocent.  Free from the damages caused by sin and depravity.  The intentions of our life are still perfect.  For that fleeting moment we are the beginning of what God intended us to be.  We are not what we will become.  Our personalities have not been shaped, influenced, or influential on our lives.  Life experiences have not yet chipped away at our edges, honed our actions, or affected our thoughts.  Our motivations have not been developed.  Our desires have not been corrupted.  And our pasts have not been tarnished.  Then something happens.  Life happens.  Growth happens.  Sin happens.  Death happens.  We are broken.  Instead of being what God intended we become what He predicted.  Our desires and actions reflect the world more accurately than they reflect our souls.  Society and culture demands that we obey the norm.  That we remain shattered.  That we follow style and not substance.  But Jesus in all His love came down to make us whole again.  He picks up our pieces.  Neatly stacks them.  Points out to us what is real.  What is true.  What is worthy.  We remain broken, but we have this hope that is pervasive in our hearts.  A hope given on the cross.  A promise of salvation and wholeness.  That salvation can only come from one source.  That source is Christ alone.  We want to be able to fix the things we’ve broken.  Repair the damage that’s been done.  But we can’t.  We don’t know how.  And like the song says, “After all [we’ve] said, and all [we’ve] done, for [our] own sake, it doesn’t fall on us...  It falls on Him.”  It always falls on Him.  He says come follow me.  You can’t see the path.  But I know the destination.  And I know the trail.  I know.  Come follow me. “For it is an awesome thing that I will do with you.”  Christ is no truant prophet, He’s our true Savior.  Let’s fall on Him.  Follow Him.  Let’s see what He can do.

Daily Journaling Questions:

1.  How did I help someone in kindness today?

2.  What did I learn today?

3.  What am I thankful for?

4.  Who did I love today?

5.  What am I dreaming of?

6.  What about today do I want to remember forever?

7.  What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,