Courage to Grow, Courage to Serve

“Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.” Tom Krouse

 David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished. 1 Chronicles 28:20 

Fidelity: "the quality or state of being faithful" Merriam-Webster Dictionary  

For most of his reign, King David wanted to build a grand temple to God.  A temple to replace the tent that made up the Jewish tabernacle.  If anyone could have done it, it was David and he longed to do it, because he knew he could.  I imagine him lying awake at night with thoughts of a magnificent temple running through his mind.  It would be a temple that honored God with a grandness that would be known throughout the world.  But God had different plans.  He told David he could not build the temple because of the blood on his hands.  Instead, God put the responsibility on Solomon to build His temple.  However, apparently Solomon must have had some reservations and fears, being a new ruler with little experience as a contractor, because in 1 Chronicles 28 we can hear David giving his son a pep talk of sorts to encourage him.  Sometimes we all need that little pep talk.  Wether it's a promotion at work, requesting a home loan, or even riding a motorcycle on the freeway for the first time.  Learning new things and growing as a human can be scary.  But it helps to remember we've got the Almighty in our corner and He's got our back.  God wants us to be His employees, His contractors, His representatives.  How cool is it that God wants us to do His work?  Lets not be afraid of challenges, because in doing His work He will never leave us without courage, and without wisdom, as long as it's requested.  

Daily Journaling Questions:

1.  How did I help someone in kindness today?

2.  What did I learn today?

3.  What am I thankful for?

4.  Who did I love today?

5.  What am I dreaming of?

6.  What about today do I want to remember forever?

7.  What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake