Failure Is Not An Option

"Today's excuses are tomorrow's regrets in disguise." Steven Furtick

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Meritorious: "Worth of reward, gratitude, or esteem" Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Since when is failure an option? Since when can we be content with the ills of this world? I'll tell you this. While failure may not be an option, it is a reality. While the ills of this world may not be bearable, they are a reality. However, what's more important is that our Savior is also a reality. For Him, failure was not an option. For Him, contentment with the ills of this world is an impossibility. For Him, something had to be done. A sacrifice had to be made. I almost didn't write today. I almost posted an old message. In fact I did. And in fact I just removed it. I posted the old message because I didn't feel like I had anything important to say. Usually I feel something laid on my heart to talk about. Not this morning. Not till now. Would it have been a failure to repost a message that's over two years old? I don't know. But it didn't seem like an overwhelming success either. And it's in those times of falling short that we are often given the message He's trying to send. Failure is not an option, but it is a reality. By that I mean, it's not something we should allow to be accepted, but it's something we have to bear. It comes with disappointment, fear, and embarrassment. It makes us angry, intimidated, and self conscious. But there's freedom in it too. There's freedom in it because we know that God covers our failure with His grace. No, failure is not something we can be proud of, but it is something we can bear because of His love. Because of His love God sent His son to die for us. Because of His love Jesus calls us "the joy" to die for. See Hebrews 12:2 Not because we're perfect. Not because we deserve it. But because we're not perfect. We do fail. And it's in that failure that we get to meet a God, a Spirit, and a Savior able to perfect us for His glory, His presence, and His home. So when we look back on life, we'll see that our human failures were all a part of His success. They're not something to discourage us, but to motivate us. Let's never let failure produce an excuse. Let's never let failure result in regret. Let's never let failure turn our eyes off our Redeemer. And in the end, with Him, we'll be able to see that failure really was never an option.

Daily Journaling Questions:

1. How did I help someone in kindness today?

2. What did I learn today?

3. What am I thankful for?

4. Who did I love today?

5. What am I dreaming of?

6. What about today do I want to remember forever?

7. What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake