What's Your Royal Jelly?

“The bee is more honored than other animals, not because she labors, but because she labors for others.” St. John Chrysostom

Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked Him and He would have given you living water.” John 4:10

Transcend: "to rise above or go beyond the limits of" Merriam-Webster Dictionary 

For two days nurse bees feed a female bee larvae royal jelly, after that they feed them pollen sometimes also known as bee’s bread.  But every once in a while the nurse bees continue feeding a female larvae royal jelly until she spins a cocoon, and when she emerges she is a queen.  What is our royal jelly?  To the Samaritan woman at Jacob’s well Jesus said, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst."  John 4:13-14  Jesus offered her "living water." Jesus offers us all His living water, it's our royal jelly to transform us from ordinary to extraordinary creatures of God, transcended from what we once were.  Let's make an effort to ask for the living water that is eternal and put our mortal quenching into it's proper perspective.  To Satan in the desert, Jesus said, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.”  Matthew 4:4  It is not only the physical things of this world that empower us, it is the spiritual as well.  The physical nutrients of this world give us the ability to live in this world.  But it’s the spiritual things, like God’s Royal Jelly, that give us the ability to thrive, to be more than who we could be on our own.  Let’s be more than who we are!

Daily Journaling Questions:

1.  How did I help someone in kindness today?

2.  What did I learn today?

3.  What am I thankful for?

4.  Who did I love today?

5.  What am I dreaming of?

6.  What about today do I want to remember forever?

7.  What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake