“You’re kidding me, my family is so strange, and at times very…intrusive.” I smiled and giggled nodding my head in agreement

“Yes but that’s what so nice about them, their all different, but are all really close, even if your personalities clash a little.” I let go of his hand and wrap myself around his arm resting my head on the edge of his shoulder. “Now tell me why everyone is so negative about this Nicole chic. You obviously liked her.” He suddenly stopped going all ridged.

“I don’t think I should be talking about my dead ex.” I looked up at him curious but thankfully he continued. “I honestly don’t know if I ever did, seriously like her. Looking back, now that I’m over her, I can now understand why people were so against her.” He paused and we turned around, Sebastian taking a small chunk from my depleting fairy floss ball. “They said she was using me, and I guess she was. She’d whisper things in my ear and I would believe her lies. She had done it to others before me and I guess by that stage many already knew of her horrid deeds.”

“You knew she was a thief and you gave her a second glance,” I shook my head not understanding his reasoning.

“I guess it was out of pity, she was hated by most.” I crossed my arms and not looking him in the eye biting back a nasty remark. I didn’t even know the chic, but I already resented her. I didn’t look at Sebastian, my face would betray me. I waited for him to ask the next question.

“Tell me something no one knows about you.” He pulled me to the side avoiding a speeding group of kids that were racing each other oblivious to all the adults scorning eyes.

“That’s a bit broad,” I mumbled. “I got seriously drunk when I was eleven, after sneaking out while my parents had a guest over,”

“A regretful decision I assume,” he concluded.

“To an extent no, I climbed the gutter to my room on the second floor while drunk without them noticing. But I wised up after that. Hmm next question.” I had to think for a while.

We passed by the vendor again and I wondered if I could coaxed Sebastian into buying me another one. I didn’t press my luck. Instead we slowly swam passed watching the world move around us at a faster pace.

“How do you know and remember everyone’s name?” I asked finally thinking of something that didn’t include what his ‘favorite’ thing was.

“It is basically photographic memory. I have literally met pretty much everyone in the ocean and the few that I haven’t, are easy to identify. It also helps that I have full access to all public and private records.”

“That’s really cool, the memory thing I mean.” I smiled letting go of his arm to let him wrap his arm around my shoulder. “Next question?” I asked looking up at him.

“Do you like living here?” he asked.

“Yes, don’t get me wrong I miss topside. But this place has been slowly growing on me. Ava mentioned something about you being a marlin.” I began my next enquiry. He laughed nodding his head before answering me.