Chapter 2

I woke up relived it was only a dream. That was until I saw who was sleeping next to me.

“Ahhh! What are you doing in my bed?” I screamed taking the pillow and whacking it several times across Sebastian’s face. He woke a little startled by the screaming woman next to him.

“Oh it’s just you Aubrey, go back to sleep, it’s too early,” he mumbled flopping back onto the pillow. I pulled it from under him making him sit up again.

“What are you doing in my bed?” I asked again holding both pillows ready to strike.

“It’s ‘our’ bed. Don’t you remember? You’re my finance.” He replied.

“Let’s get one thing straight. I’m not your fiancé. I have no idea what you and your little giggling fishy friends did to me, but it’s not funny. You aren’t even supposed to exist!”

So here we are back at the start or rather up to date as of now. Sebastian gave me a sorrowful look, which then changed to a curious one.

“I’m sure you were a brunette when we met.” He wondered aloud.

“I am a brunette, boring I know. Now back to the point at hand…”

“Your hair is like, almost completely red now,” he shuffled through a draw and returned with a small mirror and handed it to me. I almost dropped it when I saw myself. It was true, I was a ranga.  I touched it to make sure it was mine. It was. Only the tips had left to change. I was thankful that my eyes had remained the same and more importantly that pimple on my chin had disappeared. I looked at Sebastian who was staring at me.

“What?” I asked getting all self-conscious again hiding behind the pillows. He smiled at me his eyes soften.

“I sort of like it, a new do for the new you,” he chuckled a little while I sat there. A new me, there was no doubt about that. I didn’t even look like me. Sebastian suddenly snatched the pillow off me and hit me over the head. I squeaked in surprise my hair floating around in a mess. “That’s for waking me up,” grinned. He leaned over to me and kissed me on the forehead. “And that’s for waking up next to me,” he whispered. I could feel myself blush. I glanced away, finally looking around the room. It was strange, like it was obvious it was a bedroom, but having a few random fish swim past and the fact that the bed was clam shell shaped felt strange. There was a chest of drawers a cupboard and other normal items in the room, but it wasn’t very homely, more like a hotel room.

“Is this your house?” I asked turning back. He seemed a little uncomfortable.

“Yeah, I haven’t really done much in the way of decorating. I’m not very artistic, maybe you can brighten it up later,” he softly smiled. “Would you like to see the rest of the house?” he asked. I nodded just as my stomach grumbled. We both laughed as first port of call was the kitchen.

“Do you get electricity down here?” I asked surprised to see a heavy duty fridge light up as the door was opened.

“Yes, but it is still limited, as you can imagine why. But the Sparky’s do get paid top dollar. There are large air chambers for where they keep the generators. You’ll find a lot of air pockets around town.” There was one above us for cooking hot food and

He made me a bowl of some sort of cereal that tasted simular to Nutri-grain. While I ate Sebastian explained the new changes.

“These are more or less your gills,” he rubbed his hand just passed my jaw line indicating what the slits of flesh were. “You will need to keep these clean, because you don’t want parasites getting in there.”