Chapter 4 - Summers End

Start from the beginning

“I think I c-,” I was interrupted by Mark placing me on the handle bars; he was so strong.

“Thanks mate see you around,” and with that we were off again.

“So who was that?” I wondered.

“Mark is one of my friends, I don’t think he’s missed a dinner in like two years so he must be pretty cut,” Matt told me their life story they have been friends since they were like 4 and have gone through so much together.

 The whole way to his house people were saying hello and waving I would so love to live here I mean every single person we passed seemed to know Matt.

 “Here it is home sweet home,” Matt sung pulling into his house.

“This brings back memories,” I muttered.

“At least this time you’re not covered in ice-cream,” he commented, “Looks like Xavier is here for dinner,” Matt said looking towards the drive.

“Who?” I asked knowing that he doesn’t have a brother.

“Madi’s boyfriend,” he informed me.

We walked up the front stairs into a house full of wonderful aromas my mouth was drooling from the smells.

“Mom, dad, Madi,” Matt called walking towards the kitchen.

“Roaf, roaf!” a big doofy dog came running through the doors crashing into Matt.

“Hey big boy how you going. You going good,” Matt spoke to the dog messing up his hair.

“What’s its name? What bread is it?” I asked bending down to pat it.

“Goldie and he’s a golden retriever,” Matt said looking at me, leaning in for a kiss.

“How old is he?” I asked.

“We got him when I was 7 so he would be about 10,” Matt informed me.

“Whoa, he’s old,” I said not knowing how old dogs lived till.

“Do you have any pets,” he asked looking into my eyes with his sea of green eyes.

“No, my parents are never home,” I told him emphasising the never.

“Come on I’ll introduce you to my family,” he said grabbing my hand leading me towards the back deck.

We walked through the kitchen and the smells were mouth-watering.

“Mom, dad, Madi, Xavier, this is Bell,” he said pulling me in front of him.