Chapter 2 - Westeros Welcomes the Stranger

Loki opened his eyes and found himself staring up at a thick roof of green leaves. His head was throbbing, and his heart was beating wildly in his chest. Loki sat up after a moment, and closed his eyes, trying to clear his vision. Once he was able to see, Loki stood up and looked around. He was on a dirt road, in the middle of no where, with his mother's journal in his vest, and no idea where he was. Find the Seven? What did Frigga mean by that? Loki ran his fingers through his hair, but straightened up when he heard the sound of horses. No vehicles. Must be a less modern country. Wherever I am, Loki thought to himself as he shifted into his green, gold, and black armor. Stepping carefully towards the noise, he saw a cavalcade of horses traveling down a more public road than the one he was on. Loki observed them, in their silver chainmail, and their fiery red tunics. The symbol of a lion was on their shields, and flags. "England? During the medieval period? Come on!" Loki complained, guessing his approximate time in history. He did not move. His green blended in well with the foliage, and he just wanted to observe them. If there was one thing Loki did not do, it was rush headlong into an unknown situation without the facts.

"Send word to Tywin Lannister! The Mountain will be arriving at Casterly Rock within the hour!" a soldier shouted, and Loki cocked his head at the mention of the name.

"Tywin Lannister? Don't remember him from English history," he muttered to himself. He leaned out a little closer to see who the 'Mountain' was, and a branch snapped right by his shoulder. The soldiers looked up, and suddenly, Loki saw a huge man in black armor come riding down the line. "The Black Knight. Classic." The man was certainly larger than any man Loki had ever seen. He raised his visor, and Loki was astonished to see black eyes, in a tan, and monstrous face. Ugly! was the first thought in Loki's mind. He broke and ran back from where he came, but the sudden movement of the bushes, caught the soldiers' eyes.

"In there! Get after it!" the huge man bellowed. Loki heard the branches crack behind him, and he knew that men were giving chase. Without glancing back, he knew there were horses, and soldiers on foot. Ducking down beneath a partially fallen tree, Loki waved his hand, and it collapsed the rest of the way, taking out two men on horseback. Loki jumped up, gripping a branch, and swinging himself into a tall tree. Being nimble, he was soon near the top, and completely out of sight. Crouching down, he watched the men do circles underneath him.

"Ha, ha!" Loki chuckled to himself as he watched them, cluck about like headless chickens.

"Did you find him?!" the burly man asked as he came riding up.

"He escaped us, Ser Clegane! Please forgive us!" the one soldier said. Loki watched everything play out beneath him. The huge man dismounted, and punched the poor unfortunate soldier in the face. Loki winced at the imagined pain. But, that was not the end of it. The brute of a man began to hit him and beat him, until he was a bloody puddle on the ground. When Loki thought he could not take another cry of pain from the soldier, the giant drew his claymore, and brought it crashing down on the man's neck. His head came clean off. Loki just stared, his mouth hanging open. There were no words to describe the animalistic cruelty he had just witnessed. The soldiers left with their commanding officer, and Loki was alone with the corpse. After almost an hour, he climbed down, and knelt beside the man.

"May your soul find peace in Valhalla," Loki whispered. After he said it, he realized the sentimentality behind his words and he scoffed. "What was that for?! I didn't know the man! And, I didn't kill him." Dusting himself off, he began to walk away. A little bit of guilt gnawed at him, knowing it had been because of him that the man was dead. So, he waved his hand, and the man was magically buried. He began his long walk.

Loki marched into a camp filled with men wearing those red tunics, and old armor. Smirking at them, he passed through their ranks. Of course, they had to stare at this strange man. He was tall, lean, pale, with black hair. His clothing was unlike anything they had seen, and he seemed to be unarmed. Finally, a captain approached him. "Who are you?!" he asked indignantly. Loki turned to look at him, and he shrugged his shoulder. "Answer me! You insolent dog!" the man said, reaching for his sword. As he took a step closer, Loki raised his hand, and the man stiffened. Every muscle in his body rebelling.

"Listen to me, you lowly, mortal scum! My name is Loki, and I demand to speak to the person in charge. You will take me to him, or I will crush your heart," Loki told him. The other soldiers all raised their weapons. They want to dance with a god? Fine. Let's dance! Loki released the man he was currently holding, and tossed him at a group of two soldiers, who were approaching. Ducking down, he punched up, completely taking a guard from his place on the earth. The soldiers gasped at seeing him fly a few feet in the air. When he landed, he flattened a tent. "Come on you mewling quims! I haven't got all day to beat every single one of you!" Loki taunted. The men roared and charged at him again. Loki created an illusion of himself, and distracted them. While they were confused, he came up behind them, and swept their legs out from under them. They all hit the ground, and Loki brought his boot crashing down on one man's face, breaking the bones. Bending back at the hips, he avoided getting his head taken off by an over zealous sword. Spinning around, he drove his fist into a man's stomach, like he was not wearing any armor.

Suddenly, Loki was knocked down by somebody who was almost as strong as he was. Rolling over, he looked up at the man who had decapitated that soldier earlier that day. Loki smirked, his tongue touching his lips. He had wanted to hurt this man, just because he annoyed him. "Mountain! Mountain! Mountain!" the troops chanted, and Loki knew this man was obviously their champion. He propped himself up on his elbows and studied the giant before him.

"You're big. But big men, don't mean big brains," Loki teased. The man they called the Mountain, roared, and brought his claymore down. He split the turf, and not Loki. Loki had pushed himself back, so that the sword made impact between his legs. His dexterous feet came up, and caught the hilt of the sword. Twisting with all his might, he wrenched the blade from the Mountain's hands. Using his hands and arm strength, he lifted himself off the ground, and caught the Mountain under the chin with the hard toe of his boot. The man was knocked back several paces. The soldiers gasped. Only one other man in Westeros had the ability to possibly knock the Mountain off balance. Loki smirked as he kicked the sword into the air and caught it. Leveling it at the Mountain, he held the man at sword point. A clapping reached everyone's ears, and they all turned to see an older man, with pale blonde hair, and a dignified bearing approaching them. Loki kept the sword pointed at the Mountain, but he was now looking at the new gentleman. "You must be the person in charge of these 'soldiers'. I use the term loosely," Loki told him. The man smiled slightly and was soon standing in front of Loki.

"When a young sprite like you, defeats my meanest, and most powerful warrior; I have to wonder, who he is," the man said.

"Loki is my name," the God of Mischief introduced, tossing the sword back to the Mountain, and squaring off before the lord. The older man's eyebrow quirked up.

"A surname, possibly?"

"Just Loki. I am a bastard, if you are to call me something. I was abandoned as an infant. Guess no one appreciates my gifts," Loki explained smoothly. The older noble smiled again, his blue-grey eyes studying the younger, and obviously fit man before him.

"I am Tywin Lannister of Casterly Rock. This is my land you're on," Tywin said. Loki glanced around at the trees, and the rolling hills and he grinned.

"Green. It's very green," Loki said snarkily, and Tywin smiled slightly. He waved his hand, and his soldiers stepped back.

"Come with me. I want to talk to you," Tywin said, and he started walking towards the castle that was positioned on a hill top. Loki glanced at the Mountain, and grinned; before he followed the intriguing Tywin Lannister.