Chapter 115 - The Wolf Girl & the Queen Mother

Sansa attached her rapier at her side, and made sure that knives were in her boots. Her gloves were slipped over her hands, and a garroting wire was tucked into her corset. Sansa pulled the hood of her cloak over her head before she glanced at Loki asleep in the bed beside her. He had returned from vanquishing the Bolton bastard and they had celebrated. Sansa had helped him bathe (and somehow wound up in the tub with him) before they retired to express their love for one another. That had ended a while ago, but Sansa had remained awake while Loki fell into a deep slumber. Now, she was going to do something that she had decided to do a long time ago. It was only now that she had the courage to do it. Sansa leaned over and kissed Loki's lips lightly before she left the room. Her boots made no sound as she approached the door to their portis satis tuto. When she heard padding feet behind her, she turned around and pressed her finger to her lips and Alfie stopped following her. "Remain here, Alfie. I'll be back before you've missed me," Sansa told him. The cat just tilted his head and gave her a 'really?' look. Sansa smiled as she opened the door and stepped out. The moon was shining down over the still mourning Kings Landing, but there was enough darkness for Sansa to make her way unseen to the Red Keep.

The Gold Cloaks were on the roam, stopping anybody they deemed suspicious, but then, most people out at this hour were suspicious. Tywin had initiated a curfew over all of Kings Landing. Everyone had to be in their homes by the time the sun had set, and they were to remain there until the sun rose the next day. The people were grumbling and more soldiers had been called in from High Garden as the Lannister troops were tied up at Lannisport. They were still waiting for a response from the Family Tyrell.

The kidnapping of King Tommen had put everyone on high alert and Cersei was screaming for Loki's head. Another reason why Sansa wanted to make this trip. She wanted to give Cersei and Tywin more headaches. Not to mention satisfy a personal desire for revenge. Sansa walked in the shadows, one hand always on a knife, ready to slice the first person she crossed paths with. Not that she was interested in looking for a quarrel with the Lannister goons; just their masters. Whenever she saw a flash of a white cloak and gold armor, Sansa would be ready with her weapon until they had passed. Entering the Red Keep itself was actually easy. Sansa used a servant's entrance and made her way through the back passages. She had explored them with her septa so she knew where to go in order to get to the royal suites.

Cersei was sitting before a dying fire and melting candles, nursing her fourth cup of strong southern wine. All her children were gone: Joffrey by death, Myrcella by Tyrion, and now Tommen by Loki. Everything she cared for was gone, snatched from her arms. She hated the world and everyone in it. But most of all, she hated Loki Frostborn. She took another sip from her glass before she began to squeeze it in her hands. Cersei knew the glass was fragile and that if she applied anymore pressure, it would break. There was a part of Cersei that wanted it to break; like her father's perfect plans for the kingdom. She wanted her blood to run red down her own fingers and feel the prickle of pain. And then there was that nagging doubt in the back of her mind that said she could still prevail. She could still get her two children back and place the heel of her shoe on the skulls of her enemies. Cersei was stubborn that way and now, she was more determined than ever to see Loki brought down.

"Scheming in the darkest recesses of the night, Queen Mother? I don't think cunning and alcohol ever mix," said a voice that was young and threatening. Cersei looked up quickly but could not see anyone in the gathering gloom of her chambers. A light chuckle reached her ears and she stood up quickly.