Chapter 100 - Who Are You?

Ramsay Bolton was not one to admit he was afraid of anything. If he had fears, he kept them to himself and never said a word to anybody. But, he was afraid now. Afraid of giving up the Dreadfort, and equally afraid of holding it. Afraid of showing weakness to his men, and afraid of pretending to be braver than them. Afraid of not caring what they thought, and even more afraid of actually worrying about their opinions. But at the top of his list, he was afraid of Loki. Afraid of his power and his obvious lack of moral compass (just like himself). Loki had no qualms about doing dirty and dishonest deeds in order to get what he wanted. And now, he was doing just that to Ramsay. Haunting his dreams, and pulling him into a world where only they existed. He was doing it in front of Ramsay's men, and they were starting to whisper behind his back about how he had been acting. Ramsay was afraid to go to his maester and ask for help when it came to his injuries. So far, he had been beaten till he was black and blue, he had sprained his wrist, and twisted both his ankles. Loki was not going easy on him.

That was why he was awake at an ungodly hour of the night. He was alone in his bed as the last time he had brought a girl to sleep with him, he had killed her in his dream state. He had woken up to a corpse, and been forced to secretly bury her. Not that anybody could have done something to him in retribution. He was the Lord of the Dreadfort, but Ramsay Bolton did not feel like explaining that he killed her because he thought she was Loki in a dream. Loki allowed Ramsay to think that he had killed him, but then he revealed himself to be alive, and showed him the body of the girl he had just lain with. It had been cruel, but Ramsay knew that Loki was no going to lose a night's sleep over it. In the grand scheme of things, this girl's death was but a fragment in Loki's master plan. His ultimate goal of taking the Dreadfort, over Ramsay's dead body.

Despite all these fears, sleep was so tempting. Ramsay had been awake since the wee hours of the morning, and now it was almost the next day. He needed the sleep, but he was terrified of what would see once he closed his eyes. However, the pure exhaustion took over and Ramsay's eyes eventually closed. He tried to open them again, but he found himself pulled into the dream world. Glancing around, he found himself on a barren heap, miles away from any landmark. It looked like it had been burned out, as nothing was growing there. Ramsay knelt down and touched the surface. It was smooth in appearance, but rough to the touch. Deceiving. Ramsay straightened up and turned around and came face to face with Loki. "Good evening!" Loki hissed and Ramsay fell on his ass, he was that startled. "How did you sleep last night?" Loki queried.

"You know how I slept!" Ramsay snapped angrily. "You killed that girl!" Loki waggled his finger and began to walk around Ramsay.

"Uh, huh. I didn't kill her. You did. You thought she was me, remember?" Loki prodded, reveling in the pain he was bringing to Ramsay. Ramsay turned away, too ashamed to look Loki in the eyes. He had never felt shame before. Loki was introducing him to so many new things. "I'm here to play another game tonight, Ramsay."

"You seemed to like games!" Ramsay pointed out and Loki chuckled at this.

"I do, rather. When I was a child, all the games I wanted to play were considered girls games for weak boys. I was laughed at; mocked. Now, I say we're playing a game and people say, 'Can we play it now?' In simple terms; I say jump, and people say, 'How high?' And right now," Loki said as he squatted down and looked Ramsay in the eyes, "I'm saying jump."

"And I'm saying go to hell!" Ramsay snapped back. Loki smirked, before he reached out and grasped Ramsay's face. His middle finger rested on the center of Ramsay's forehead, his pointer and ring fingers closed Ramsay's eyes, while his thumb and pinkie clamped his jaw up. Ramsay's eyes worked behind the closed lids, and Loki's own rolled back in his head.

Like I said, we are going to play a game. Who are you? Ramsay could hear Loki's voice in his head, calm and as cold as ice.

I have already told you who I am, Ramsay responded bitterly.

You've answered basic questions. But, we haven't even begun to touch the root of the problem, Loki countered dryly. He pulled his hand back and Ramsay was once more in control. Or at least as much control as he could have while still in Loki's clutches. Loki smirked wickedly and Ramsay felt a trickle of hot blood slide down from his nose. "You're weak. We're already in the human consciousness, but I just took you into the inner ring. The sub-conscious. You're not strong enough. I am. So, like I said, we're going to play that game now." Loki sat down in front of Ramsay and smirked. "Who. Are. You?"

"I am Ramsay Bolton," the bastard of the Dreadfort said. Loki smiled before he suddenly reached out and caught Ramsay's hand. He twisted it with ease, and snapped one of his fingers like a twig. Ramsay screamed and shuddered, looking at the twisted stub with bone sticking out that had been his finger. Loki gave him an innocent expression before he eyed the broken appendage. "Aw! Look at thath!" Loki said, giving himself a lisp at the end. Ramsay glared up at him. "Let's try this again. Who are you?"

Ramsay decided to play along and he grinned. "Ramsay Snow," he answered. Loki tilted his head to one side. That was a split second before he broke his thumb. "Ah!"

"Oops! There goes that opposable thumb," Loki pointed out dryly.

"What do you want from me?! Everything I say and do is twisted by you!" Ramsay shouted.

"Sound familiar?" Loki countered. He shrugged his shoulders after a second, not denying the accusation. "But then, you're whole life has been twisted. It's only fair I make sure your death is the same." Ramsay's eyes widened at this and he gasped. Loki snickered at the reaction he had gotten. "Oh, calm down! I'm not going to kill you now. Where's the fun in that? I haven't even begun the mind f-king yet," Loki said with an evil smirk. Ramsay stiffened before Loki began to apply unnecessary pressure to his pinkie. "I intend to have so much fun with you," Loki said. Ramsay bit his lip as he tried to stifle his cry of pain as Loki slowly broke that finger. The snap that followed a second later had tears sliding down Ramsay's cheeks. Loki watched this display with a look of pure disinterest on his face. "Cry me a river," he commented before he punched Ramsay in the face.

Ramsay sprang up in his bed, coughing and gasping for air. Glancing around, he quickly became aware of the pain he was in when he glanced down at his mutilated left hand. His thumb, ring finger, and pinkie had been broken: the bone was jutting out, blood was sliding down his hand, and his fingers were still twitching as the nerves fired. Ramsay hissed angrily and felt the tears pricking his eyes. Loki had done this to him! "Curse you, Loki! I will destroy you!" he screamed. His blood chilled a second later when he heard a chuckle from the darkness.

"Better men have tried."