Chapter 75 - Dornish Day Stop

Myrcella had been in Dorne for a year now, and rather enjoyed her time among the Martells. She got along with Doran Martell, the ruler of Dorne, and the other members of his family. Oberyn Martell was not overly fond of her, but she just stayed out of his way, and she was fine. His paramour, Ellaria Sand, and their children were friendly to her, as well as Doran's children. In fact, Myrcella was falling in love with Prince Trystane and they were going to ask Prince Doran permission to wed. At that moment, she was sitting before the fountain in the gardens, the wind gathering her pink, billowy dress. Trystane was holding her hand and getting real close to kissing her on the lips. "I would rethink that, if I were you," said a smooth voice, and the both of them looked up. Myrcella's smile grew upon seeing Loki standing behind them. He was wearing black trousers, stuffed into black riding boots. His loose green shirt was open a bit, exposing his chest to the sun, and his hair was tied up. He smirked at her.

"Loki!" Myrcella said happily, leaping up and running to him. Loki opened his arms and embraced her, lightly kissing her forehead. Prince Trystane stood up and eyed them, his hand on his fancy hilted sword. Loki noticed and waved his hand.

"No need for that. I'm an old friend of Myrcella's," Loki explained as he let go of the princess. Myrcella turned back to Trystane and smiled.

"I knew him in Kings Landing. This is Ser Loki-" Myrcella started to introduce before Loki interrupted her.

"Ser Loki Frostborn," he said and Trystane took his extended hand.

"Of what house? To whom do you owe your allegiance?" Trystane asked. Loki smirked as he walked between Myrcella and Trystane, his green eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Nobody. No house claims me, and yet I claim them all," Loki responded and Prince Trystane made a face. Myrcella frowned at this as well, but she relaxed when Loki's arm encircled her waist. "I owe no man allegiance, and they owe me."

"You speak in riddles, sir," Trystane said, a hint of irritation in his voice.

"He does that," Myrcella said, glaring at Loki before it dissolved into another smile.

"I speak in riddles, but the intelligent people can figure it out," Loki jabbed and Myrcella stepped on his foot. He simply grinned at her before he glanced back at Prince Trystane. "I'm sorry. I meant no offense to you. You must have known that I meant that I never ask for favors from anybody, but I grant everybody their desires," Loki finished and Trystane nodded his head. Loki grinned, knowing that Trystane had not understood what he was saying. The Dornish prince nodded head, but that was when more people came up the path and noticed them. The guards sprang forward, and Loki immediately put Myrcella behind him.

"No! Stop! He's a friend!" Myrcella pleaded. That gave the soldiers a moment of pause, but was a golden opportunity for Loki. He sprang forward, wrapping his arms around the one guard's neck. He then used him as a pillar for the rest of his momentum, kicking the second guard in the chest with both feet. The man went flying backwards, tripping over an array of flowers. Loki planted his feet back on the ground, and flipped the first man into the ground. One punch knocked him out.

"Stop!" shouted another voice and everyone froze. Loki turned around and shielded his eyes with his hand, eyeing the balcony overlooking the gardens. It was a dark skinned man sitting in a wheelchair of sorts with a guard and a man of similar appearance standing beside him. Loki bowed to them with the smirk on his face.

"Prince Doran, ruler of Dorne, I presume?" he asked and the man nodded.

"Bring him to me," Doran ordered, but Loki did not wait. Instead, he teleported to the balcony and stood before them. The guard reached for his weapon but Loki just looked at him. He was cowed instantly and withdrew his hand. He glanced back at Prince Doran and smiled.

"You asked for me?" he queried.

"Don't hurt him!" Myrcella's voice said, rising up from the gardens, the panic clear. Loki leaned over the railing and waved down to her. She waved back and smiled slightly at him. Loki smiled back, before he returned his attention to the Martells.

"You are a friend of the princess?" Doran asked, indicating a table where wine was resting. Loki nodded before he walked over and poured himself a drink.

"Ser Loki Frostborn. I used to work for King Robert Baratheon as his sells-sword. Since his demise, I've been freelancing for a few other houses around the Seven Kingdoms," Loki answered before he looked at the second man standing beside Doran. "You're brother?" he asked. Doran nodded and the second man stepped forward.

"I am Prince Oberyn Martell, the Red Viper of Dorne," he introduced and Loki nodded his head, tilting it after a second in deference.

"I used to be prince. In the world I came from," Loki admitted and both Martells looked at each other.

"Were you discovered to have been a bastard?" Oberyn asked and Loki chuckled.

"I discovered I had been lied to my whole life. I guess you can say I was a bastard of sorts," Loki said, before he sat on the railing and looked at them. "However, I did not come here to discuss my past, but a joint future with the Martells of Dorne."

"What could you offer us?" Doran asked. "We have sworn allegiance to Joffrey Baratheon, King of the Andals, and the-" but Loki yawned and pretended to fall asleep. Doran got the hint and stopped talking.

"Yes? You swore allegiance to the product of incest?" This made both Doran and Oberyn look at each other. "There is no way you did not hear the rumors about him," Loki continued.

"We have heard them. But if we choose to believe them, then that means Princess Myrcella is also the product of incest, and her marriage into our family would be a disgrace," Doran said and Loki waved his hand.

"Not if I took her in as my ward and gave her my name," he said and Doran leaned back in his chair while Oberyn frowned.

"But, her mother still lives-" he started to say before Loki's hand came up quick and he became quiet.

"What if she was proven incapable of being a safe protector? She tried to poison her own son, Prince Tommen, during the Battle of Black Water Bay," Loki said and the two Dornish men nodded.

"To protect him?" Doran suggested.

"The fate of the battle was still undecided. It was too soon. The desperate last ditch of a desperate woman, gentlemen. Unfit for being the guardian of the princess," Loki said. Doran took a cup of wine from his brother and stroked the rim of the golden cup.

"You adopt Princess Myrcella, she bears your name, and her record is cleared?" Doran asked and Loki waved his hand wide.

"Yes! And I will get the signatures of the Westerosi dignitaries necessary. Soon, Myrcella will be my daughter. And the marriage to your Prince Trystane can go on as planned. Do we have a deal, gentlemen?" Loki asked, holding his hand out. Prince Doran paused for a moment, glancing at his brother. Prince Oberyn smiled and nodded his head. A second later, Doran shook Loki's hand.

"We have a bargain, Ser Loki," Doran responded and Loki smirked.