Chapter 70 - Visiting A Friend

Tyrion sat in his new, cramped quarters in Kings Landing after the battle, feeling betrayed, angry, and upset all at once. Betrayed by his father, who had dismissed him from his position as temporary Hand of the King without a thank you. Angry at both Loki and his father for just being so damned annoying. And upset that he had been told that Loki was most likely dead. Tywin had announced the news to the court and Joffrey had rewarded the Mountain handsomely. Of course, Tyrion knew that his father was still skeptical about the truth behind that statement. Loki had proven himself to be resourceful and resilient. And if they could not produce a body (since Loki had abracadabrad himself out of that sticky situation) Tywin would be suspicious until proven otherwise. However, until Loki magically appeared before him, Tyrion was going to think his really only close and true friend was dead. "He was irritating, and solicitous at the same time," Tyrion whispered to no one in particular.

"So glad you think that of me," said a rich, suave voice. Tyrion straightened up in his bed and looked around. He saw Loki leaning against the far wall, right by the door. He was wearing loose clothing, and his hands were tapping his thighs. The god was smirking at the dwarf.

"Loki!" Tyrion exclaimed as quietly as he could so as not to alert anyone. The dwarf tried to get out of bed, but Loki covered the distance between them and sat down. The two friends embraced one another, before pulling apart after a second. "You vanished for a week and a half!" Tyrion scolded him.

Loki snickered before he said, "And you got a nose job. Looks like it malfunctioned." Tyrion frowned at Loki's jab, before he smiled. They embraced again, but they parted when Loki hissed in pain.

"So what did happen?" Tyrion queried, leaning back against his pillows. Loki opened the collar of his shirt and pulled it away, revealing part of the cut. Tyrion winced. He saw the black stitches in Loki's pale skin.

"Just got out of the brace this morning," Loki admitted, and he smirked, remembering Sansa fussing over him. "This large cut and a few cracked ribs."

"And Gregor Clegane did this to you?" Tyrion posed, and Loki nodded. "How did my father find out?"

"Baelish!" Loki cursed, the name barely a whisper, but Tyrion still heard it.

"Ah. Well, since his return, and for his help in bringing the Tyrells to our aid, Joffrey has made him Protector of the Vale. He is to leave for the Erie soon," Tyrion said. Loki's eyes twinkled with amusement, and a grin pulled at his lips again. "Something is amusing, but has escaped my notice," Tyrion added, and Loki decided to explain to his friend what was so funny.

"Well, you see my fine Lannister, the more titles and lands my friend, Petyr Baelish receives, the more ignominious his downfall at my hands," Loki said, and Tyrion raised his one eyebrow, wincing when it hurt his face. Loki reached over and began to peel the bandage off. Tyrion tried to stop him, but the prince batted his hand away. "You see, Tyrion, while in disguise I had Petyr Baelish sign some documents for me. He believed that he was signing orders for supplies for his whore houses. However, he was turning over all rights to said pleasure houses, and other entitlements to me in the event of his death or dishonor." Tyrion blinked quickly as the meaning of Loki's statement sunk in.

"So when you remove Baelish as a player from this game, everything he has passes onto you!" Tyrion said in amazement. Loki winked at him before his fingers began to heal the damage that was done to Tyrion's face. The dwarf felt the healing power flowing from Loki's fingertips into his own body.

"I don't want to take away the scar entirely. I think you'll find it will increase your standing with the ladies," Loki said to Tyrion, and the Imp snorted.

"Got my woman. And she's all I want," he said, and Loki paused to look at him.

"Is this love, Tyrion Lannister?" he queried with a mischievous smirk on his face. Tyrion slapped his arm and Loki chuckled.

"Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't. All I know is that whenever I don't know where she is, I'm worried about her safety. That can only be called love," Tyrion said to Loki, and the god lowered his eyes, thinking immediately of Sansa Stark. How he would give his own life to ensure the preservation of hers. How whenever she smiled at him, he thought he was being kissed by the sun. Speaking of 'kiss', Loki thought back to when she kissed him after he woke up. Something he had not been expecting. His lips quirked up, and glanced back at Tyrion.

"Well, my congratulations, Tyrion. I wish you all the best," Loki told him, and the dwarf nodded.

"I'll need it. She's a whore, and a handmaiden in the palace," Tyrion admitted, and Loki's mouth formed an 'ah'.

"Well... I think... my previous sentiment still stands," Loki said, his brow furrowed slightly in confusion. Tyrion laughed lightly, and that was when there was a knock on the door. Loki shielded himself and stood up from the bed, while Tyrion straightened up.

"Come in!" he called, and Bronn stuck his head inside the chamber.

"Excuse me, sir, but you've got a visitor," his bodyguard said. Tyrion could not resist the urge, and he glanced at Loki standing beside him.

"Yes. Yes, I do." Loki grinned, before he disappeared from the room, making Tyrion sigh. Bronn just raised his eyebrow for a split second, before his mouth dropped open.

"Was it him, sir?" he asked quietly, and Tyrion nodded his head.

"Yes, Bronn. It was him."

Loki reappeared back in the portis satis tuto. Sansa had insisted that he only visit Tyrion to alleviate any stress his friend was in, but then he was to come home immediately.  And he did not feel like incurring her wrath.  Glancing around the hall, he heard a few musical notes from the piano float towards him. He followed the sound, and stuck his head inside the music room to see Sansa sitting before the great instrument. Her eyebrows were creased with concentration, and she was sucking on her bottom lip. Loki rested his head on the door frame and watched her. She was so beautiful to him, and she had no idea how she had entrapped him in her spell. I said you two were meant for each other, Frigga's voice said in his head, and Loki smiled.

"She still has to accept the 'monster' in me, Mother. Once she can tolerate the Jotun I am, then can we truly be together. But, she won't. She'll be disgusted by it. I've already seen it in her eyes before," Loki whispered back.

Keep telling yourself that if it gives you comfort, Frigga retorted, and Loki rolled his eyes. Sansa must have felt him watching her, for she glanced up from her instrument and smiled at him.

"Did you just get back?" she asked him and he nodded his head.

"Indeed I did. Tyrion is feeling a little low because he is no longer the Hand of the King, but he is better than he was because he knows I'm still alive," Loki responded. Sansa shook her head and stood up from the piano. Stepping out from behind it, she revealed the lavender, sleeveless dress she was wearing. Sansa stepped lightly across the floor, her bare feet making no sound. When she arrived at Loki's side, and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Well, I'm glad that he is better because you're still alive." Sansa patted Loki's cheek and walked around him, out of the music room. Loki turned back to admire the swing of her hips as she vanished. He was smirking broadly.