Chapter 131 - The Hand, the Queen, & the All-Father

Loki sensed it was coming before the rainbow lights came shooting down from the sky. The Queensguard mobilized and Loki conjured his golden spear. Sansa stood up slowly from her seat, and Sandor Clegane stepped in front of her. When the myriad of lights vanished, an old man was standing in the center of the throne room. He was wearing golden armor, had a gold eyepatch, and had an impressive spear in his hand. Daenerys sat up straighter in her throne, her one hand holding Tyrion's. "Who are you that dares to enter my throne room? In the middle of my coronation?" Daenerys challenged in a strong tone. The old man's eye noticed her, but he seemed to be searching for something or someone else. Finally, his eye alighted on Loki and he took a step forward. Loki pointed his spear at him and grinned.

"Loki," the man said.

"Odin," Loki answered in an equally cold tone of voice. That was when Sansa put her hand on Loki's arm and made him lower his spear. Odin's eye flicked to her and his eyebrow went up as he saw her pregnant belly.

"No fighting, Loki. You got what you wanted," Sansa whispered in her husband's ear. "Just gloat." Loki turned his head and gave her a surprised and amused look. Sansa continued to push until his spear was completely lowered, and had vanished. Loki turned to Daenerys and jerked his head a little, a signal for her to clear the room. Daenerys nodded and stood up, clapping her hands loudly.

"Everyone leave! I will speak to this strange man with only my small council in attendance," Daenerys declared. The high septon made a face, but Loki snapped his finger it was like a whip cracking. The nobles began to leave, and Odin watched suspiciously as Sandor Clegane began to pace behind him.

"Clegane!" Loki said, and the Hound stopped. He shook his head and the bigger man stopped walking and maintained his position beside a pillar behind Odin. Soon, only Loki, Sansa, Daenerys, Tyrion, Clegane, Daahrio, Ser Jorah, Robb, Oberyn, and the remainder of the small council were left in the throne room with Odin. The All-Father finally glanced back at the Queen of Westeros and he raised his eyebrow.

"Do you know that you have a snake in your midst?" Odin queried. Everyone glanced at Loki and Daenerys had to smile as she saw him admiring the sigil that was emblazoned in the gold of his vambraces.

"The snake that gave me the throne? Yes, I am aware," Daenerys responded.

"He considers that a compliment by the way," Tyrion piped up and Odin glared at the new king.

"You're not going to find many persuadable ears here, Odin. We're all friends," Loki said calmly and Odin took a step towards the throne. Ser Jorah started to draw his sword, but Daenerys' hand went out to stop him.

"Have a care, Odin. You're in my realm, and I haven't done anything to your world," Daenerys reminded gently.

"You are harboring a wanted criminal from both Asgard and Midgard," Odin said firmly.

"Loki is not a criminal to us, All-Father," Tyrion stated and Odin looked at the dwarf. "He has just finished manipulating an entire war in the favor of House Targaryen, thereby placing my wife on the throne. Whatever crimes he committed against you, he is protected by us now."

"He is the Hand of the Queen, the most important position on my small council; and he is connected to another significant house of Westeros," Daenerys said and she waved her hand in Sansa's direction. Odin turned his head and really looked at her this time. "He is married to Sansa of House Stark." Odin now approached Sansa. Both Loki and Clegane got in the way.

"I do not want to harm her. I merely want to see the young woman who might actually have you wrapped around her little finger," Odin said. Loki frowned, but waved Clegane away. Sansa stepped forward and looked Odin in the eye. She was not afraid of him. She could not be; not after everything he had done to Loki. Odin saw a strong young woman before him. She was beautiful, and Odin was smart enough to figure that she was on the same level with Loki mentally. "How far along are you?" he queried. Sansa gave Loki a sideways glance and his eyes narrowed slightly.

"I am eight and half months along. The baby should be born soon," Sansa answered. Odin nodded before he looked at Loki.

"Tell her that she is not the first consort you've taken?" Loki's lips tightened into a thin line and Robb straightened up. He figured that since Loki was a self-professed god that he had lived several centuries and had more than one love.

"I know!" Sansa said angrily, startling everyone. "He told me about the other women he's loved before me. He didn't tell me about his offspring though." This last part made both Loki and Odin focus on her. "I found that out on my own. You say he's a monster? You're the monster for banishing innocent children simply because they're different from you. A wolf! Fenris couldn't help that he was born into that form; and the same holds true for Jormungandr! What about my child?!" she challenged, stepping in front of Odin, her hand on her stomach. "What are you going to do if I give birth to... oh, I don't know... a dragon?!"

"If that child was a danger to the Nine Realms, I would be obligated-" Odin started to say before he suddenly felt a blade pressed to his back, and Loki had a knife across his throat.

"You touch my sister, and Asgard will be finding itself crowning a new king," Robb Stark threatened. Odin's eyes shifted to Loki and he saw the hatred there. He had already taken away five of Loki's children; there was no way Loki was going to let him get away with it again.

"Odin!" Daenerys suddenly shouted and the All-Father turned. He found himself facing three very intimidating looking dragons. Daenerys stood with ease by their side, her one hand gently stroking the scales of the largest one. "You are treading a very dangerous line. By threatening the House Frostborn, you are almost declaring war. Loki has a special place in my heart for everything that he has done for me. As such, Sansa is protected by her relations to him. Whatever crimes he has committed against you or this Midgard, his position in my court provides him diplomatic immunity, as my husband so eloquently pointed out a moment ago," Daenerys reminded. "It would be wise for you to leave before you say or do something foolish. Wars have been started for such minor reasons." Odin clenched his hands into fists. He knew that only too well. But what irked him was that Loki was out of reach, and this little vixen had just beaten him at his own game.

"Ah!" It was Sansa's cry that had everyone looking at her. She leaned against Loki for support and her hand went over her belly. A little puddle of water appeared on the floor and dampened the edges of her skirt. She looked up at Loki and her eyes were wide with fear. "It's coming!" she exclaimed. Without a second's hesitation, Loki swept Sansa into his arms and began to leave the room. He was immediately flanked by Oberyn Martell and Sandor Clegane. Daenerys lightly pushed Drogon's nose and walked down the steps. She stopped when she was standing beside Odin and the two rulers looked at each other.

"You know if anything happens to her or the baby... he'll blame you," she whispered as she walked away. "Daahrio! Ser Jorah! Conduct our guest to a suite of rooms in the keep. I want him comfortable until after the birth of the heir of House Frostborn," Daenerys ordered and Odin found himself flanked by both men. It was not that he was compelled to remain by any means. All he had to do was cry for Heimdall, and he would be returned to Asgard to stew in his defeat. But, there was that little part of him that wanted to see whether or not Sansa would survive giving birth to a monster.