Chapter 112 - The Mockingbird Falls

Petyr Baelish waltzed into the camp of Robb Stark and felt like everything had gone his way. All the pieces were lining up in his favor, and Baelish had yet to really lose anything. Of course, that did make him pause as he thought about Sansa Stark getting snatched from the throne room. He also could not forget the fact that she was still missing, most likely still staying wherever Loki put her before the Mountain finished him off. Baelish had to smirk as he contemplated his hand in Loki's demise. He had been properly beaten and that was helped Petyr Baelish sleep better at night. A soldier stopped him just as he was about to enter a large tent in the center of the camp. "Stop! Your name and business!" the soldier demanded.

"Lord Petyr Baelish. Master of Coin. I am here with important news for the King in the North," Baelish stated firmly and the soldier studied him for a moment. After his eyes narrowed and widened again, he let Baelish pass. Striding through the tent flaps, Baelish found himself in a rectangular setup of tables. The middle table that was facing him was occupied by Robb Stark, Catelyn Stark, and Talisa Stark. A woman was behind Talisa, carrying the baby that had given Robb Stark not too long ago. Little Eddard Stark II was wrapped in a black cloth with the direwolf sigil on it. He was the heir to the Warden of the North, and he was the most loved child in the camp. Of course, Catelyn was doing her best to have both the infant and his mother moved back to Winterfell, but Robb was not having it. So, they were all three sitting there with the other lords of the North beside them. "My Lord Stark, I am pleased to see that each victory brings you closer and closer to the revenge you seek," Baelish said in greeting and with a slight bow. Robb acknowledged his obeisance with a raised eyebrow before he glanced at his mother.

"Well, let's get this over with," Robb commented and his mother frowned. Baelish made a face as he wondered what they were talking about. Robb stood up and eyed Petyr Baelish. "Lord Baelish, word has just reached me that King Joffrey was murdered at his own wedding by the dwarf, Tyrion Lannister. Is that accurate?" Baelish smiled and waved his one hand.

"I couldn't say, your grace. I had already left the city by this time," Baelish said, and Robb Stark nodded. He suddenly reached out and touched the back of the empty chair that was between himself and his mother.

"This seat is meant for somebody I can trust. For somebody I can count on to consider my best interest alongside theirs," Robb said and Baelish started to smile slightly. "This position has been filled for a while, but today, it is officially accepted at a council. I want everyone to rise and acknowledge my new second-in-command." Baelish actually made a move to advance, but that was when a flap behind the tables opened and another man stepped. He straightened up and he pretty much touched the ceiling. He was wearing a black, long coat that went down to his knees. Tall riding boots were polished and shiny, and belts criss-crossed his chest. His long black hair was up in a ponytail and there was a signet stitched onto the green shirt he was wearing beneath the belts: a golden horned helmet with a serpent coiled around it. A grin spread across his face, and he flashed perfectly white teeth at Petyr Baelish.

"Lord Littlefinger! Such a pleasure, I'm sure," Loki said as he took the seat on Robb's right hand. Baelish turned to Catelyn, the look of displeasure deepening on his face.

"Am I to be summoned here to be mocked?" he challenged. Catelyn opened her mouth to say something when Robb interrupted her.

"My mother has lost her ability to lend much to these meetings. You have a complaint, you can say it right to my face," Robb said and Loki grinned. Petyr Baelish nodded but he was frowning deeply at the head of House Frostborn, who simply gave him a smug look back. "Now, you were sent a letter of invite and free passage to my campsite, because Ser Loki Frostborn has some interesting information and it does concern you and my family," Robb informed him. Petyr Baelish's head turned quickly and that was when Loki magically produced the journal of Lysa Arryn. All the blood drained from Baelish's face and he took a step back. Loki waggled his finger and Petyr Baelish was suddenly frozen where he was standing.