Chapter 93 - An Afternoon Stroll

Loki decided to make the day extra special when the afternoon came around. "You want to leave the domus and go for a walk in the city?" Loki suggested. Sansa sat straight up in the bed at this prospect, her blue eyes brightening.

"You really mean it?" she asked him, a smile taking over her face. Loki had to laugh at her enthusiasm.

"Of course, my sweet. I'll put our disguises on and we can go strolling around like any normal Kings Landing couple," Loki said. Sansa flung herself at him and kissed him passionately. When they separated, she added another kiss to his nose and rose.

"I'll go get changed!" she said, darting out of Loki's chamber to go to her own room. Loki snickered as he finally dragged himself out of bed. They had been in it all morning. Ever since he had gotten back from breakfast, Loki had pleasured Sansa as many times as he could, and she had enjoyed every moment of it. Of course, Loki was not taking the chances of Sansa becoming pregnant, so he had cast a spell over her to prevent that. He had learned from Eir, the Goddess of Healing, how to weave the spell over the intended woman. He was supposed to do it while preparing her for the love making. That was of course if he did not want offspring. Loki had not done that to Angriboda or Sigyn because he had wanted children with them. But he could not risk that with Sansa, not with the war still a ways from being won.

You do intend to wed her now that you have bedded her? a voice asked, and Loki sighed as he changed his clothes.

"Yes, Mother. I fully intend to marry her once the war is over. Now stop your prying!" Loki warned her.

I want to see my grandchildren running around, laughing and calling for you. Little girls who look like their mother and little boys who are the spitting image of their father, Frigga told him and Loki smiled at this thought.

"Aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself?" he queried and she hummed.

I've got all the time in the world to ponder, Frigga informed him and Loki rolled his eyes. He finished getting into his outdoor clothes when he heard Sansa's rapid knocking on the door.

"We've slept together now, Sansa. There's no need to knock anymore. Privacy is a bygone thought," Loki called through the wood. Sansa opened the door a second later and frowned at him.

"I would still like to keep some model of decorum, if you don't mind. Or shall we become depraved beasts?" Sansa queried dryly as she put a hand on her hip. Loki just smirked as he pulled her into his arms and lightly stroked down her nose.

"How about lustful depraved beasts?" Loki suggested and Sansa rolled her eyes.

"I'm afraid we have wandered into forbidden territory," Sansa remarked as they walked to the front door.

"Found our way there last night," Loki whispered back as he opened the door for her. Sansa tilted her head in affirmation, pulled her hood up and walked out. Loki was following her when he heard a meow and paused. Glancing over his shoulder, Loki saw Alfie looking forlornly at him. "Sorry, fellow. But this cart only has room for two wheels," Loki told him. The cat hissed at him and Loki hissed back. Loki closed the door and turned around to see Sansa with her arms across her chest. Her brow was furrowed and her lips puckered.

"Did you just hiss at Alfie?" Sansa asked. Loki shrugged and smirked mischievously. "Come on. I can't have both my boys bickering. Besides, you chose that cat," she reminded.

"I chose him with you in mind. Not me. Usually I select something that is similar to myself, because I trust myself. As such, it and I do not get along," Loki said, and Sansa burst out laughing, sliding her arm around his.

"Trust me, I'm aware of how you don't get along with yourself," Sansa jabbed and Loki kissed her forehead. As they entered the streets of Kings Landing, Sansa looked all the people milling about. They seemed happy enough, smiling and talking excitedly as they sold their wares and bartered. Loki pointed to a particular shop that was selling some kind of fruit. They walked over and Loki easily persuaded the man to sell him a basket of the stuff for less than they were worth. However, Sansa tipped him and they walked away with their produce. Loki and Sansa happily munched on their fruits, whispering conspiratorially as they went. "So, last night is the first of many-"

"Many more nights to come. At least if I have a say in anything," Loki interrupted. He grinned again, his arm snaking around her graceful waist to hold her close to him.

"Will... I possibly...?" Sansa started to ask, but Loki's finger touched her lips.

"Get pregnant? No. I prevented that with a spell. It is crucial to perform it while you prepare the woman if a child is not wanted at that current time," Loki responded and Sansa breathed an audible sigh of relief. Loki smiled, knowing that neither of them were ready for a child yet.

"Well, that's good to know. And you can do that for the foreseeable future?" Sansa posed and Loki chuckled.

"If you ask me, I can," Loki said and afterward, they became quiet. As they rounded a corner and made it to the harbor, the cry of the gulls reached their ears. The poor and homeless were around the fishing vessels, and Sansa stopped walking.

"Give me the basket," Sansa ordered and without waiting for Loki to affirm, she snatched it from him and walked over to a family. Loki just watched her with bemusement as she began to distribute the fruit to the less fortunate. The people all thanked her, calling her the Red Haired Giver. Not far from the truth. Even though she was wearing a disguise that made her look like the Black Widow, in reality, she still had flaming red hair. Loki followed Sansa, making sure that she stayed out of trouble. She seemed to attract it like a magnet. When they were in the poor quarter, Sansa offered to watch a child for his mother while she went to the market. Taking the child in her arms, Sansa cooed and let the infant play with the short curly locks Natasha Romanoff had. Loki observed her, trying not to think of his previous wives as she held the baby. The child had dark skin and dark hair, traditional of the southern Westerosi commoners. The boy was less than a year old, and had the fattest cheeks Loki had seen on an infant. Sansa bent her head down to press her lips to his forehead. Loki closed his eyes and saw images he thought he had wiped from his memory. Angriboda sitting in a chair before the balcony, holding a baby Hela, with Fenris pawing at her leg. Jormugandr was coiling around a pillar overhead, his tongue flicking in and out. The second image was Sigyn lying in bed, two little bundles in her arms, and a bright smile on her face. The third memory was of Cora sitting in a rocker before the fire in her little apartment in London, her hand resting on her swollen belly.

Loki blinked and came back to the present. "Are you alright?" Sansa asked. She was standing in front of him, holding the child still. Loki cleared his throat and wiped the sweat from his brow.

"I'm fine. Was just thinking about something," Loki responded. Sansa nodded before she went back to cooing at the little baby.

"Want to hold him?" she queried. Before Loki could decline the offer, she had pushed the child into his arms. Loki had to quickly support his head or drop him like a rock. The baby looked up at him, its big brown eyes full of innocence. Loki had to smile at this.

"May Frigga, the Goddess of Mothers and Motherhood, watch over you," Loki whispered. He did not see the look of pure affection on Sansa's face.

His mother was the Goddess of Motherhood. Considering all the love he bares her, I'm not surprised, Sansa thought to herself.