Chapter 124 - A Change of Plans

Loki had not actually seen Sansa and spoken to her for almost a week. He had been so busy with the choosing of the small council and the collecting of troops to begin the attack on Kings Landing, that he had not eaten and slept in his own home for seven days. When he finally could not take it anymore, he returned to the domus and went in search of his lover. "Sansa! Sansa! I'm so sorry I haven't been home!" Loki called as he removed his cloak and sent his helm into the nether region. Sansa appeared from around the corner of the dining room and smiled at him.

"It's alright, my darling. All your plans are coming to fruition and you must be there to see them come true," Sansa told him. Loki still shook his head as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in close. He pressed his lips to her forehead and smiled slightly.

"That is still no excuse for me to ignore the woman I love," Loki said, scolding himself and continuing to hold Sansa close. Suddenly, he stiffened and pulled away.

"What's wrong?" Sansa asked, her heart starting to beat faster. Loki's hands wandered down over the thin dressing gown she was wearing, and he stopped at her waistline. Loki's fingers deftly searched and he felt the size difference immediately. His head snapped up and his eyes were wide.

"Sansa! Are you-?!" he started to ask before Sansa pressed a finger to his lips. Her eyes were shining with tears and her mouth was quivering with anticipation and fear.

"I am. I am with child," she finally said. Loki gasped and they both found themselves sitting down on a nearby lounge chair.

"But! How is it possible? I always cast the spell to ensure-" Loki began to ask.

"Well, one time we didn't and now, I am carrying the result of our love," Sansa answered. She spoke calmly and that was what terrified Loki. "Oh, my love!" Sansa said, placing her hands on his cheeks. "I am not scared of this, and neither should you. We were going to have children eventually," Sansa told him.

"But this is ahead of schedule, Sansa. Believe me, I am very happy, but I must now return you to your brother before you begin to show. I will not dishonor you, Sansa," Loki said. Sansa gripped his arms tightly and Loki actually frowned at her vehemence.

"I won't be parted from you! There is a war on and we cannot wed until it is over," Sansa said to him and Loki shook his head.

"I can speak to Robb and declare my intentions. I will return you with the demand that you be my wife as recompense for all my aid to him," Loki said and this made Sansa's eyebrow go up.

"As recompense?" she queried.

"That is what I will say to him, but you know that is not how I feel. I love you, Sansa, with every fiber of my being, but I must continue to play the game. I will wed you as soon as I return you, and this will cover your condition. The court already gossips about my sexual prowess because of my status as a deity. Your pregnant condition will easily be explained," Loki said. Sansa nodded before she started to bite her lip. "What's wrong?" Loki queried. Sansa shook her head and looked around the room. The tears started to slide down her face and Loki realized what had upset her. He embraced her again, smoothing wisps of her red hair aside. "I'm not going to remove the portis satis tuto as a sanctuary for us. It will always be here. Whenever you want to visit, just think it and open any door," Loki told her. Sansa smiled at this and pulled him in close, resting her head against his shoulder.

"I will still miss it as my home. It became more homelike when I was able to leave and go about my business. I will always consider this a place of magic and wonder and learning," Sansa said and Loki nodded.

"I've made more memories in this house than I ever did in Asgard," Loki admitted and Sansa smiled. She stood up and smoothed her dressing gown down.