Chapter 141

Mina's P.O.V.
When Meg finally showed up, they were done with their dance rehearsal. An hour break and it would be time for their concert. I handed my boyfriend a bottle of water. "Do you even get nervous at all anymore?"

He took a sip and shook his head. "What makes you think we wouldn't be, Min?"

Classic Joon. Answering a question with another one. "You've performed it so many times. You know your set by heart."

He smiled at me. "Maybe, but let me ask you this." Of course he would. Can't give me a simple yes or no? "Did you get nervous after performing mamamoo's new song for the fifth time?"

"Well, yeah. Each performance is slightly different-" Oh.. I get it. "Each performance is different. What makes you nervous this time?"

A chuckle. "You're here to watch. We're performing in a new place that you hold dear. It's in your province. Most ARMYs here did not see us either. I want to make it memorable."

That deserved a hug. "Don't worry about that! I'd worry more about the wardrobe malfunctions if I were you."

He tugged at his shirt. "What do you mean? It's sturdy!" He looked at the time. "Sh*t. I have to get ready with the guys.." He took hold of my hand. "Let me take you to your spot." What? He turned to me, when I didn't budge. "You seriously didn't think we'd let you and Meg hang out here without watching? V.I.P General Admission has more than enough space for the two of you."

He meant that? "But Namjoon-"

"No buts here, Foxy!" The stadium was still almost empty. He handed me to the staff. "Get her at the front with Jungkook's friend please, thanks." He blew me a kiss. "Enjoy the show!"

I did so too and waved at him. "See you later!"

Namjoon's P.O.V.
I could see her, chatting with her best friend, hands clasped over her lips, making tiny jumps in her purple skater skirt and band T-shirt with her best dance shoes: her worn out purple Converse. For the first time since I knew her, a year and a half already, she wore two French braids. Anyone who had tried almost lost a finger. She hated the pulling of them at her scalp and yet, after we watched a clip, I mentioned it would suit her and there she was. NAMJOON. It's not the time- She wasn't wearing earplugs like at the award shows or like during other performances we saw. She would hear everything full blast.
I smiled.
I'd make sure it'll be worth while.

Of course we did older songs to warm the crowd up! I loved the crowds in the West.. They jumped and danced and sang their hearts out. It was less chaotic back home.
When the first part of the set ended, I spoke up. "Hi, Montreal!" The cheers in my ears! Music to my ears. "How's it going?" I laughed a little. I was getting nervous. "As you know, it is our first time here. I heard Montreal was a special place for artists and I think we have to admit that it is true, right guys?" The other members cheered. "I hope you enjoyed yourselves so far because it's getting better! You know, we missed seeing you guys. We learned a few things since we last were touring." The guys went on about their new skills, showing them off, until my turn came. "Well, I learned something that I've kept a secret." The audience gasped, even my girlfriend. I chuckled. "I know. I know." Don't mess it up. "J'ai commencé à.. apprendre le français." I couldn't describe the sound of the public. Yelling, cheering? Contempt perhaps, but my favorite expression was hers, awe and disbelief. "Je ne suis pas très bon.. Mais!.. Je vais pouvoir parler dans la langue.." She won't want attention, it's raining in her eyes, they're glistening. "D'ici! Let's keep the celebrations going!"

Mina's P.O.V.
I couldn't believe my ears. As he passed by me he mumbled je t'aime. "Meg. Tell me I hallucinated."

She shook her head. "Boo, you did not!"

He'd been learning? For this moment? I doubt it. I mean.. French was useful in Europe too.
We watched the whole concert as amazing as it was, those few sentences were living in my mind rent-free.
.
.
.
"Did you like the show Mimi? It was our smoothest so far!" Tae asked, jumping for a sweaty hug.

After months apart, I wouldn't complain about the ickiness of it. "If I liked it? I loved it, oppa! You did great."
Finally, my eyes met with those I wanted to see. Dark chestnut eyes, that seemed happy and full of worry for some reason. So many things were to be said, yet none left my mouth. He stood out of his chair, mouth slightly agape and it all made sense now. Finger towards myself, I managed a crooked sound. "You're learning French.. For me?"

A shy smile before walking towards me before casually dropping: "For whom else?" I melted. Not into tears, but so many emotions made me just made my chest and throat feel tight. He rested his hand on the back of my head and guided it to his shoulder. "How else am I gonna understand the Quebec shows you watch in Netflix and finally have a proper conversation with your family? You know my first language. How could I live with myself not knowing yours?"

After staring at each other for WAY longer than anyone would qualify as comfortable, I got to whisper a thanks before giving him a small peck. He was still at work after all.. "You have your after show meeting, don't you? Take care, you and all of bangtan. I'll see you Sunday, okay?"

The corner of his mouth dropped. "What do you mean? You're welcome to join us tomorrow to watch or hangout. Make every second count."

Ugh.. Moonie don't make this harder than it is already. "You're busy working, Joon. I'm a distraction. A great one at that, so I won't get in the way."

Namjoon's P.O.V.
So focused on my needs, that woman I swear.. If I could shut her up with a kiss, I would... If it weren't for the 20 staff members there making my barely any PDA ass uneasy. Did she do her nails? They look like they'd leave great scratches- "Kim Namjoon." What? I blinked. I got focused elsewhere didn't I? "You're proving my point. Get your ass back to your members or it'll get kicked."

Maybe I wouldn't mind that. Man, shut your dirty mind for a second. I gave in. "Alright then, Kitten." She froze. "But you're getting dinner with us." I caressed a strand of hair and tucked it behind her ear. "Deal?"

Her cheeks were flushed of the prettiest pink, eyes wide, looking into mine, lips slightly agape. "Deal."