Chapter 16

Mina's POV
Okay, I pass in an hour or so. I have three numbers over the weekend and this Friday. A contemporary piece, a hiphop piece and an alternative piece. Today was my contemporary one in the morning. Hiphop at 7pm. I put the flat iron in my hair to fix the stray strands. Eyeliner, bright pink lip, flowy white skirt and bodysuit, slick low ponytail.. I was ready, I had time to practice.

Joonie:
Have fun Mina! You'll do amazing, I know it. Can't wait to get to see it online.

Thanks a lot.. Ouf! Waiting backstage is stressful, no matter how many time I do it. "Next, Number 47, The Forensic Artist. My mother was in the crowd, but I had more than a few cheers. It increased every time I competed. It gave me a boost of confidence. You can do this! I stepped on the stage, took my position. Let's begin.

Namjoon's POV
She sent me the links as soon as she had them. The first song was from Lauren Spencer Smith.

It was simple with stunts I didn't expect. When the word su*cidal comes, she mimics a rope getting tied and dropping to the floor. She rose, hands to her chest, straightened them in front of her, leg back... Spun her arms in a back circle as she jumped, then gracefully turned around to take a few steps, it was enchanting.

Her hiphop piece was the one in her ears when I met her at the station. Illella. She used some moves from the chorus, but not a lot. Only the hand going down to the hand waves. Everything else was completely original. Red oversized cargo pants, white crop top, red converse she wore in Seoul, red lipstick, smokey eyeshadow, bold eyeliner, hair curled with two strands attached to leave her face in clear view. She added Vogue which was a nice touch, some waaking moves she was known for doing. It was a 180° from the sweet look of that same day. The last one, two days later was quite unexpected.

Jazzy, contemporary, and hiphop in one? She showed me numbers of the solo alternative category and most mixed Jazz with Accro or Contemporary with Vogue. What did she do? Started contemporary, included waaking and popping? That was Hoseok hyung's thing! Loco's part she did classic hiphop with some jazz inspired moves. It was mesmerizing. Alternative, different. I couldn't believe she didn't get first place.

"That was awesome!"

I hadn't hear her voice in a long time. "Thanks! I got third in contemporary solo, second in hiphop solo and second in alternative solo! I thought I'd snatch first, but from the judges comments, I get it."

"How come?" Hobi hyung entered my studio. I acknowledged him.

She sighed. "Jazz and popping aren't my forte. I took a risk. It paid for originality, but I lost points with technique."

Hobi heard her. I forgot I was on speaker. "Does she perform again after she comes back?"

"Oh. Hi Hoseok sunbaenim. I do! I have one in January and one in April." She answered.

I turned to him. "What are you thinking?"

"If she'd like, I'm sure we can find a day where the studio is free to work on it." He got closer to the phone. "Would that be okay?"

She was speechless. "Would that be okay? You'd help me with that? I couldn't ask for anyone better. If we can manage that, it'd be perfect!"

I was so thankful for Hobi hyung. Oh! Now that I thought about it. "Did you receive my package?"

"I did! You put snack with the book."

I smiled. "And the tiny box, did you open it?"

She denied. "There was a clear note not to open it." She laughed.

"Open it." It wasn't much, but I wanted to thank her for the inspiration for our future album in a way.

" It wasn't much, but I wanted to thank her for the inspiration for our future album in a way

It was a small and dainty necklace. She did say she was a Cancer sign. I thought it fitting. "Namjoon, it's so pretty! It's a moon, like your song."

I didn't see it like that! Moonchild, huh? "Well, Cancer signs are moon signs, they're literally the moon children of the Zodiac."

Even my hyung chuckled. "Funny coincidence then."

Yeah, funny coincidence. "Thanks for the inspiration. That's why I got it for you."

She was clearly touched. "Wow.. I, thank you. I don't know what to say.. I can't repay you that."

Why would she? I'd never tell her what it cost. She didn't care. I was glad she liked it. "There's care instructions under the holder. Just take good care of it and it's repaid."

She thanked me again and asked me about the orders she sent. They had arrived. We were waiting for all the members to be together. I'd see her soon in a videochat. I couldn't wait. "How much did you pay for that necklace Joonie?"

I shrugged. "80$? A 100$? I don't remember. I don't care. It's durable and not too expensive looking. She'd chew my ear off if it seemed worth more than a couple dollars."

"You know she can look up the brand right?" He's right. She could, but the nosy one wasn't her. It was her best friends.