Ninety Eight

Sana had been sitting and crying silently since the past twenty minutes. She would turn around to look at him after every few minutes while he stood there smoking cigarette after cigarette and pulling at his nape every few minutes.

Sana's heart was aching and bleeding so much. This pain was agonizing and inexplicable.

She kept talking to her Babaji and kept mumbling to herself how none of this could really be happening and how it shouldn't happen.

She turned around after wiping her tears to look at him and saw how he threw his cigarette on the floor and stepped on it, completely crushing the bud under his foot as he grabbed his nape with his hand and slammed the other hand on the railing, scaring Sana.

She sighed loudly as she looked at him helplessly.

She prepared herself for the next three days.

They will not be easy at all but she was ready to fight this out for and with him, every second.

The balcony window soon slip open and she turned around instantly.

"Si..dharth" she whispered his name as he stormed inside with his eyes wide and bloodshot, his jaws clenched as he looked ahead towards his room and walked past her.

She quickly got up and moved towards him, trying to get a hold of him.

She went closer and kept her hand on his bicep but he kept walking
inside, making her hand drop down.

"Aaap...aap theek ho? K..kahan they? Abhi itnay ghusse main kahan jaa rahay ho? Ek second suno to...Sidh..Sidharth ek second" she tried stopping him but he was too quick and his steps too detrmined.

Sana was suddenly extremely scared seeing him walk inside like this. He suddenly seemed too intimidating and his silence was scaring her even more. She could tell he was up to something.

She quickly followed him inside the room.
He pushed the door open and walked inside, his eyes looking around for his phone.

Sana's own eyes were fixed on him and were following his gaze.

He turned around slightly and just when she was about to open her mouth and ask him what he was looking for, he looked behind her and came towards her, almost scaring her.

She cowered back slightly as she tried talking to him

"Sidha...kya" she mumbled when he extended his hand and grabbed his mobile from behind her.

She looked at the phone and then back at him.

His nostrils were flaring as he urgently did something on his phone.

"Bebu..please...araamse ..aise ghusse mai kya kar rahay ho" she whispered in a very low voice as she moved closer to him and very softly and lightly cupped his cheek.

He was so hot, her eyes widened in panic.

"Sidharth? Aap..aap theek ho? Itnay garam kyun ho rahay ho...aap ko theek lag raha hai? Bukhaar tou nahi...aaao main check kar loon" she said nervously as she moved even closer and pressed her flat palm against his cheek, turning it around and checking his temperature.

She was suddenly so worried for his health.

Sidharth didn't even flinch as he kept looking at his phone and doing something.

"Sidharth ek second baba usey cho.."

"Sana I'm okay" he intervened abruptly as he looked up at her face, halting her right there.

His eyes seemed so cold, so intimidating, so powerful, they scared her. So did his blank and stern face and voice.

She stopped right there and slowly removed her palm from his cheek as he looked down on his phone, pressed a few buttons and put the phone to his ear, moving away from her.