Sixty Three

She kept staring at his back as he was using his phone, completely unaware of her presence. She had this sly but calm smile on her face as if she was finally where she had to be. She gave a tight squeeze to both her hands and then took a small step closer in his direction.

"Sidharth"? she said his name softly, smiling.
He instantly turned around hearing her voice, not expecting her there.
He frowned lightly as he took her and his calm face in. She stood in the middle of the room, both her hands clasped together. His eyes then flickered behind her at the closed door.

"Nisha? Kya hua? Yahan kya kar rahi hai? And darwaza kyun band kia?" he asked her politely but his tone had an edge to it.
He put his phone away on the table and turned around fully.

"Ruk tou jaa. Saaray sawaal ek sath hi? Kya jaldi hai? We have the whole night to ourselves" she said the last part very slowly and with a smirk.
He frowned.

"What's that supposed to mean?" his tone was flat.
"Nothing baba. I was just here to talk. Tujhe upar atay dekha tou socha I should come here too. since ab akele tou tu kahin milta hi nahi hai" she said mockingly.

"Hold On. What's up Nisha? Kya baat? You could have spoken to me neeche bhi, whatever it was. Aur kya matlab akele nahi milta?" he frowned, his tone slightly firm now.
She rolled her eyes and took another small step in his direction.

"Relax  Relax! Apne best friend se baat bhi karne se pehle ab time aur explanation deini paray gi kya? Tum era Hero hi hai na?" she said accusingly.

Sidharth's patience was really running out now. why was she here like this? And closing the door? Then saying all these condescending things? What was she trying to do? His Sana would be downstairs and she would probably come looking for him any minute now. he didn't want her mood to be ruined.

"Pehle tou Please call me Sidharth. Ye Hero wero mat bol baar baar, it's irritating" he ran a hand through his hair looking to the side, trying to curb down his iiritation.
Nisha's nostrils flared at that.

"Tujhe ho kya gaya hai Sidharth? I've come here after three years expecting to be with my best friend, my person, and I come here and find a new person altogether? One girl comes and you change altogether? Are you sure you're even the same person?" she said looking at him with shock and anger.

Sidharth lost his mind at that. His face turned to her and his eyes widened in shock and anger.
"Excuse Me? Are YOU even listening to yourself? What has any of this got to do with Sana? Why bring her in this? And what do you mean ? I'm very much the same person Nisha, maybe I'm happier, more content and more myself now. If that's what you're referring to" he said sarcastically. 

"No you're not. You're completely disregarding me. That too for a girl? Sidharth, wo kal ki aayi larki k liye, and jo kal ko jaa bhi sakti hai..uske liye tu mujhe..."

"Wait wait wait. What the fuck did you just say? Don't you dare Nisha. I'm warning you" he said in a raised and extremely authoritative, hard voice.
She huffed and threw her hands in the air.

"HUH. See? Uska naam le lo aur tu pagal ho jata hai. I mean I get it, par honestly she's JUST a girl Sidharth, just some random chick you've met and that's about it. Just like the million other girls you've met over these years. Big deal?" she scoffed.
He was losing it now.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?? What exactly are you smoking up?" he narrowed his eyes at her.
Her face fell at that.

"Sweetheart, well, lemme clear your doubt out on that one. If YOU think she's just "Some" chick that I've met, then it's better you stop smoking up whatever you've been smoking. If you, being my closest and oldest friend cannot see what that girl means to me or is for me, then we shouldn't even be here Nisha. You really need to get your facts right" he said in a calm but stern voice.