Forty Three

Sana had just come inside the kitchen to make some snacks for him while he watched the match he was so excited about since the whole day. He was such a boy. She didn't realize until when her cheeks started hurting, about how hard and wide she had been smiling all this while looking at him sit in the lounge and be such a boy. He was so cute. This was such a strange but surreal feeling. Being so giddy, so happy over the tiniest of things about someone you love. It is just truly them, their presence that does it for you. She realized how all these years she never felt any such thing for anyone, not even for the guy who she had practically grown up with. She was novel to such intense feelings before. She thought they only exist in the movies & books, but he? This man sitting right here in the lounge, with his shorts hiked up, his legs crossed, his hands clasped together as he narrowed his eyes to the TV screen and bit on his lip, he invoked feelings and desires inside her that she couldn't ever have thought of feeling. The smallest and the most normal, regular things with him felt so special. Just like sticking to him like a koala while sitting despite there being all the empty space in the world, like his hand that holds her safely while they sleep, just like how every time she asks a question, he answers and explains it to her like a child, and most importantly, how extremely safe, liberated and herself she feels when she's with him.

These were those regular things, she wouldn't have ever felt or known if not for him. So this man child sitting right across her and shouting and swearing at every missed catch on the screen, was worth it all. He was worth the fight she had decided to hold against her own people. Ironic, they never made her feel like one but he? He became her person the minute he came for her held in that grocery store and the minute he laid his warm eyes on her. She smiled madly to herself thinking about all this that made her giddy like hell.

"Sanaaa? Kya kar rahi hai tab se baby? Aa bhi jaaaa. I'm hungry. Subah ka sirf nashta kia hua hai" his loud voice rang through the lounge breaking her reverie.
"Haaan bas abhi aayi. Do minute." She answered back, her hands quickening up on the pakoras she was making for him.
"Ye loooo" she smiled handing him the plate as she came in the lounge.
"Thank you baby. Aaja, sit" he extended his arm for her to take while she kept the plate and ketchup in front of him. 
"Can't" she pouted sadly at him.
"Kyun, kya hua?" he furrowed his eyebrows at her, his eyes flickering between her and the tv screen.
"Haaaye Sidhaaarth kaam hai na mujhe. Kal Monday hai aur subah dikhaya na mene aapko kal saari campaigns k proposals jo I have to submit? unn mai se I still have to work on two of them. Kal wo present karne hain mene" she pouted.
"Ohhh. Tch aww meri jaaan. Zaroori hai?" he asked her.
She slowly nodded her head at him, sucking het lower lip in to her mouth looking like an absolute fluff ball.

"Come here" he bent pulling her by the arm and making her almost fall on top of him. she gasped as she grabbed his shoulders for support. His eyes scanned her face as he tucked her hair back.
"You know I find you absolutely sexy & irresistible when you're all passionate and bossy about your work, right?" he whispered just on top of her beautiful lips. Her heart was a little out of control with the way he pulled her, and was talking to her with that voice and command.
She slowly nodded, looking at him like he had her putty in his hold, which he did.
He bent and placed a soft chaste kiss to her lips, making her eys fall shut.
"Then you go and work on your projects like a good girl & kick some ass tomorrow" he smiled caressing her cheek with his thumb.
"Hmm?"
She finally smiled and nodded, giving him a tight hug.
"You are the best. Best best best" she squealed in to his ears as she hugged him tighter.
"Acha acha bas bas bas. Chal, jaa ab. Don't suffocate me" he chuckled trying to pull her back.
She left him and turned to go, only to come back running to him again.
"Kya?" he looked up.
She bent , held his face in her hands and placed the softest kiss to his forehead, giving him one of her most special smiles.
"Ab theek hai" she smiled shyly going away. and just like that, she unarmed him completely.
****