Thirty Two

They sat there like that for God knows how many more minutes. They were just so lost in the serenity they felt by being in each other's arms after what felt like ages. It was a feeling none of them had ever felt. Sidharth's heart was still in his mouth listening to what she had just told him. She loved him. Fuck. He still felt like he was in some dream. He still felt light-headed and hazy. He was too numb to even absorb it all in or react, but just sitting there like that with her wrapped up in his arms peacefully, it was soothing and healing his burnt and torn heart. The constant fire his heart had been feeling for the past few days, it felt like someone was finally soothing that fire with a pack of ice, healing all the wounds there. He had honestly given up hope to have her back like that in his arms. In fact, not even back. She hadn't been in his arms this way ever since they knew each other. This time, this moment, it was very different, very inexplicable. Sana felt like her entire energy and strength had left her body and soul. She felt like she had taken it all out and she felt completely spent but in a good way. She felt like she was floating on air now. She didn't feel a limb, her entire body felt lifeless and sore. The kind you feel after you've exerted all your strength and energies physically and emotionally and you just feel a different kind of relief and exhaustion. Every muscle in her body physically ached but the calmness her heart and soul finally felt after all these days, in fact after all this while of knowing him, it was worth all this exhaustion. Sana had never felt more at peace in her entire life or even all this while of knowing him, than she did right now. Sitting there wrapped up in his strong arms so securely so comfortably and letting him know what he means to her, what he had become to her, it was a feeling Sana was ready to feel even if it meant going through all this physical pain over and over and over again.

Sana's eyes were closed while she sat there wrapped up in his lap and her arms softly and placed around his back. She didn't even have the energy to rub his back or move her arms around his back so she just sat there with her arms lightly wrapped around him. Their fronts were almost colliding and she was literally sitting right on top of his thighs, extremely close to his groin. Her legs were wrapped around his lower back and she literally sat there clinging to him like a baby. His arms were holding her as close as he could softly rubbing her back up and down in small movements. They both felt so mentally drained that they couldn't even find their voices. Sana's exhaustion and the relief of being in his arms like that was almost making her fall asleep. Her cheek was pressed on his shoulder and her eyes were closed. After what felt like ages, he finally softly moved away delicately pulling her back. Her eyes almost stirred painfully opening up slowly. They stared at each other's faces and eyes as if it was the first time. There was an unknown a new found warmth and serenity in his intense eyes with the way he looked at her beautiful face. The moment Sana looked in his eyes, she felt she could physically drown. His eyes held so much of newness and depth to them. It was definitely new to her. They held so much of everything that she felt like this is where she wanted to be for the rest of her life. His eyes were roaming through every inch of her beautifully exhausted face and every inch where his eyes roamed, she felt somebody literally marked her there. She was beyond exhausted but her heart had never pounded the way it did at that very moment. His gaze, everywhere it touched it was smoldering her. his rough fingers softly and extremely delicately started rubbing the area under her eyes, concern and seriousness etched on his entire face. She was so smitten by this man and the power he held over her. She lazily forced her fingers to reach his face. She sat there softly and lazily rubbing the pads of her fingers on his rough stubbled cheeks, lost in his eyes. He could tell how spent she was. It was physically hurting his heart seeing her so spent. She was so lost in him that she didn't care an ounce of anything else. Her fingers lazily kept rubbing all over his face, his jaw, right below his lips, over his eyes, causing them to close. She instantly bent forward and placed a kiss to both his eyes. This girl will be his destruction. The moment she moved back he smiled at her, causing her heart to explode.
"Thak gaya na mera bacha?" he finally whispered. She nodded pouting at him, still rubbing his face.