Fifty Eight

Sana had been sitting at her desk staring at the pile of papers kept in front of her for almost two hours now. She was at her worst today productivity wise due to obvious reasons. There were a bunch of campaigns and ideas that she was supposed to go through and finalize an hour ago but here she was, two hours later, still not having touched a single thing. She was extremely irritable and quiet today and her colleagues too had rightfully pointed it out in the morning. She wanted to literally pull her hair out and also slam a certain someone's face through the wall.

Last night Nisha's visit had taken Sana completely off-guard and by surprise in every sense of the words. Firstly, seeing her pop up on her door with a bottle of wine had irked Sana nad she hadn't really liked the idea and then as the night had progressed and the much awaited revelations that Nisha had finally made in her drunken state, they had literally been it for Sana.

All she wanted to do right now was to call Nisha up and give her a piece of her mind, in fact much more than that. How dare she come up to their house without him being there and then make her feel as if she is the outsider in this whole thing? And that she came in their happily sorted relationship and stole Sidharth from her?? What exactly was she trying to do? Sana would have maybe thought so too if she hadn't had that detailed discussion with Sidharth earlier. The way he had assured her, cleared all her doubts, put her heart at ease, she now she that there was no such thing ever between them. But, that was only Sidharth's side of the story, not hers.

"Oh Godddddd. Kya hai ye Babaji. Kaam bhi nahi ho paa raha subah se. bas bethi innko ghoori jaa rahi hooon" she huffed as she again picked the papers up to look at them for the fifteenth time now.

"Aayi bari chudail. Himmat tou dekho, mujhse milne chali aayi meethi ban kar, sharaab ki botal le kar, aur mera dimagh kharab kar k chali gayi. Kameeeni na howay tey. Samjhdi ki hai apne aap nu" she murmured angrily as she skimmed through the ideas.

Sana's mind had been in a fix since last night. She wanted to call up Sidharth and cry and scream and vent out to him about what his so called best friend had just put her through but she also knew better. He was already away from home, away from her and the last thing she wanted to do was to upset and worry him about her. she knew him. If she showed or told him everything she had said or how Sana had been feeling, he would first lash out on her and tell her how big of a "gadhi" she is to even think or believe something like this. She rolled her eyes at the thought. And then, he would worry himself sick thinking about Sana being upset and she didn't want him to travel back like that. So this had to wait. She hadn't even gotten the chance to speak to him last night after Nisha had left since he was out at that time meeting an old friend and by the time he would get back, she had already dozed off before that.

She huffed and rubbed her face in her hands. She could feel her cheeks were red and so was her entire body. Red and warm. She couldn't deny that she was upset and angry. At Nisha and at what all she said, at what all she tried doing last night, and for her to just show up when things were finally getting shaped for them. They already had one issue that they were yet to tackle and get out of and now she also shows up with her so called desire and love and longing and claim for her Sidharth. Her. only and only her Sidharth. She suddenly felt this maddening urge to kiss the life out of him and just hold him. she felt her eyes fill up with angry and warm tears.

She hurriedly rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands and before anyone noticed, she got up and rushed towards the toilet. Once she came out after splashing some cold water on her face and getting some hold of herself, she plopped down on her chair and picked the papers up. She should already get started. She sighed and started underlining the first page and just two minutes later, her phone vibrated, catching her attention. She threw the pencil down and grabbed it, completely out of it. She randomly tapped the screen, and the moment the screen lit up, her eyes widened seeing who it was. The last person she really needed to hear from right now. She opened the message up.

Nisha
Heyyy Sana. Kesi haii? Uff mai tou abhi sou k uthii can you believe it? So last night, honestly was amazzzing. I wasn't hoping to have as much fun with you last night as much as I had. So that tells me something, you truly are the perfect person for my friend. He's so lucky to have found you. Pi kar mai bohat bakwaaas kar jaati hoon, aadhi baatein tou I don't even remember mene kya bola hoga raat ko so plzzz excuse all the crap that I may have uttered. 🙈 The truth is Sana, I had my doubts about you earlier, but spending last night with you without Sidharth being there, it showed me how you really are the perfect choice for Sidharth. I'm honestly so so happy for the both of you. You are perfect for him and he for you. It's still so surreal and amazing to finally see him back with a girl apart from me lol but seriously, thank you for coming in to his life babe. You truly complete him. so despite my crazy bullshit last night, whatever it may have been, just know, I'm genuinely so happy for the both of you!!! You're slowly becoming my second favorite personnn sooon! Lots of love babe. See ya sooon, with that crazy lover of yours.❤️😉

Great! First she comes home and says all that nonsense and now she sends this message the next morning? What does this mean now? Sana wanted to throw her phone away and slam her own head against the wall. This was so frustrating. What was she supposed to believe now and what not? What Nisha said last night, was that true and was that her real self or what she was saying right now was true.