Seventy Six

(* listen to this song while reading )

*********

An hour later, Sana and Sidharth were finally ready to leave her parents' house. All this time, he had made her sit down on the bed as he quickly gathered all her clothes and whatever stuff she had brought with her back in her suitcase as she blankly sat there. She was so weak, so broken, he was just so scared for her.

His fingers were constantly shaking and fumbling as he was keeping everything, his eyes fixed on her. He wanted to make this as quick as possible so that they could just leave. Knowing everything she had been through in this house all her life and especially these few days, he didn't want her to be here for even a second more.

Sana finally stood up and slowly, very slowly and weakly started gathering her stuff putting it in her suitcase as she looked around the room, taking everything in. His eyes fell on her and his hands sopped right there. He knew she was probably taking in everything one final time, knowing that she would no longer be welcome here.

His jaws clenched tightly as the warning her father gave her, how could he do that to his only daughter? Was his ego really that big? He quickly zipped her suitcase and looked at her. She was next to him, standing by the bed. She looked like she would fall down any second, he could see how hard it was being for to balance herself. He straightened up and very lightly held her shoulders

"Chale? Sana? Tu..are you sure you wanna go tonight? Thak jayegi aur. We can just stay at a hotel tonight and kal araam.."

"Nahii..Please Sidharth.. Mu..Mujhe bas..aur yahan nahi rehna. Bas aapke sath jana hai, waapis, ghar" she spoke in the softest and smallest of voices, breaking his heart with the way she requested him and the way she was looking at him.

His breath hitched.

He quickly grabbed both her hands in his and brought them up, placing a soft kiss to each and then looking in to her eyes

"Hey, shhh. Okay baba, okay my love. We'll go tonight. Hum nahi rahenge baba. Just gimme five minutes, I've asked my crew to check for the earliest flight back and let me know, okay?"
He spoke as softly as he could, not once looking away from her eyes.

He wanted her to know that he was here now and she was safe and okay now. His heart was constantly breaking. His baby was back to being his baby, but broken and weaker than ever. She nodded slowly. Sidharth made her sit back on the bed softly and bent and pressed a quick kiss at the top of her head.
He dialed up his colleagues to check on the nearest flight back to Mumbai. He walked up across the room, with one of his hand on his waist and the other one holding the phone. Sana sat there quietly with her hands clasped in her lap as she just looked at him as he walked around the room.

She was just so done, so tired, beyond exhausted. She couldn't look away from him. Her eyes kept flickering to the door. She was so scared. She didn't know how her parents would have taken all of this and what they might do. Although Sidharth had warned them categorically and Akshay too had left, but she was just so scared.

The kind of trauma, mental and emotional harassment and torture they had inflicted upon her over these past few days, it was just way too much and it had shaken her up terribly. She wasn't able to think straight. She was in this constant fear that they might try doing something again or barge in to hold her back. She just wanted to leave.

She was also very scared for Sidharth, insanely scared. Her father couldn't be trusted. Her fingers were unknowingly digging in her skin as she nervously looked at Sidharth again, who was still on a call.