Eighty Four

They had been in the cab since the last fifteen minutes now and Sana's eyes were so full of wonder and amusement. She couldn't stop looking around from the window of the cab. The clear blue sky and the lush greens all around were definitely soothing and so refreshing to the eyes and also to the heart. She was still so numb and in a daze about all of this actually happening.

It still felt like some dream. It was beyond everything. Sidharth was sitting next to her with their hands entwined together in the space between them on the car seat.

She still couldn't believe he really flew her and that she got to be on a flight with him and that he said all of that on the flight. Her heart mind and soul were all in a daze.

He was quietly observing her reactions and her exploring beautiful eyes. They were so full of innocence, hope, and amusement.

His beautiful baby. He slowly lifted their hands up and brought them to his lips, placing a swift kiss to the back of her hand.

Sana, who was yet again staring outside the window, jumped as soon as his warm lips touched her skin and quickly looked at him. He slowly turned his head and gave her a warm smile.

"Hey there" he whispered.
Sana gave him a shy and small smile.
"H..Hi.." she responded in a small and nervous voice.

He slowly rubbed his thumb on her hand.

"Kya hua? Theek hai?" he whispered, his eyes roaming every inch of her bare face.

She kept looking at him with her eyes so full of love and innocence, so much vulnerability.
And she then slowly gave him a nod.

"Hum..kahan jaa rahay hain..Sidharth?" she asked, once again looking outside the window.

He smiled at her.
"Bas. You'll know soon" he smiled.
She quickly looked back at him and gave him a small sad pout.

"Aur..aapka office..matlab..aap alag raho ge? Koi..problem nahi hogi?" she asked.

"Nahi baba. Problem kyun hogi? Main flight tou le aaya na..so for these four days, I'm off duty. I can stay wherever I want to and do whatever I want to. Relax" he told her calmly with a sweet smile.
She nodded.

"Flight theek thi? Tu theek rahi na? Thaki tou nahi zada?' he asked her after a minute, concern etching his face.

"It was beyond everything. Beyond perfect" she answered in a small but firm voice, looking in to his eyes.

His eyes darkened a little at that.

He slowly moved closer to her and silently tugged her hand closer making her gasp. He quickly shot a glance at the driver ahead. Before she could understand, he bent and placed a small chaste kiss to her lips.

He had been dying to do that. He was dying to kiss her. Though he wasn't done yet , but for now, this was okay.

Sana's eyes widened in shock and she froze. She could instantly feel her neck and cheeks heating up at his boldness and suddenness. She silently looked at the driver but he was focused on the road ahead and the rear view mirror too was positioned in a way that missed them.

Her eyes flickered to his dark ones and she quickly looked away.

He smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear.
"Meri Jaan" he said softy, melting her right there.
She kept their entwined hands in her lap and leaned her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes and sighing.

"Aur kitni dair hai?" she asked him after a minute.

"Bas baba. Will reach in another ten minutes" he smiled as he rested his own head on top of hers.
Sana rubbed her head on his shoulder, relishing the feel of it all and letting it sink in that this was actually happening and that they were finally back together.