Forty Seven

It had been a day since Sidharth had left and Sana had been having the most busy days at work but she was actually thankful for them since it gave her slightly lesser free time to sit and just think about him. They had talked for almost an hour on call on the first night but she soon dozed off since she was extremely exhausted from the whole day at work. She had visited her own apartment without telling him, she had to get a few things of hers and also she wanted to try and stay there till he came back though she knew it would upset him but she felt that staying there while he was away would actually be better for her since it may make her miss him a little bit lesser but the complete opposite happened actually.
The first evening when she went back to her own apartment from work and tried settling in, she had the most terribly weird and hollow low feeling in her stomach. She had no idea why, but she just felt extremely low  there without him. All she could think of there was the whole Akshay situation and how her family was torturing her in to all of this, and then Sidharth's absence to top it all up. As strange as it sounded, but her own house felt so foreign and made her feel so alone, scared and unsafe. Maybe because the initial time she spent there was all very disturbing for her mentally and emotionally. All she had were bad memories and emotions associated with it whereas his house? Just the thought of being there made her heart happy and feel safe. Even being alone there felt safe. Maybe because he made it that for her. She decided she wasn't going to stay here and so she just collected the stuff she needed, locked her apartment and left for his. She had had a comfortable deep sleep the first night after talking to him and almost dozing off in the middle of the conversation.

It was the second day today and she was at work and had already gotten through the first half of the day engrossed in meetings and campaign designs. Her mind was of course with him throughout but there was also another thing going in her mind side by side. Akshay hadn't gotten back to her since she sent him that text the day before, despite reading it. What was he trying to do? It was now starting to really get on her nerves. She was trying her best to be polite and keep a regard of the friendship they had had all these years but if he was to test her patience like this, she wouldn't really be left with much. She could have gone longer with it too but something had ticked off since Sidharth's revelation of his past and then his confession. It had made her see things a little more differently. He had already gone through something so horrific in his past and despite that he was keeping up with this whole situation but she wouldn't bear it any longer now. She was so done. The constant mental torture she was in, it was taking a toll on her.

"Oyeee Sana, kahan khoyi hui hai? Kab se bula rahay hain tujhe?" Nikita's voice broke her thoughts.
Sana looked to her side and saw her sweet colleague walking towards her desk. She closed the folder that was in front of her and sighed, resting her face on her elbow.
"Kya huaa?" she asked Nikita.
"Tu bhi naa. Tujhe pata hai na kya ho raha hai last teen chaar dino se, we're all soooo exciteddd" she excitedly clapped her hands together and sat down on the empty chair.
Sana rolled her eyes and shook her head. It was true. They all had been going gaga over this plan and had been busy making so many plans ever since. Sana, on the contrary hadn't gotten much time to give thought to it or what she thought about it. she wasn't even sure if she was going to go ahead with it or not. There was already so much on her plan.
"Tum log pagal ho" she just shook her head opening back the file and started writing in it.
Nikita rolled her eyes and extended her hand closing the folder back. Sana gasped and looked up at her.

"Tera kya problem hai Sana? It's going to be amazing and we are all in it and SO ARE YOU, ok??" she said firmly.
"Yaaar Nikita..I don't know yet" she sighed.
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? TU bhi in hai samjhi? Aur wese bhi what is your excuse anyways? Tu tou yahan hai bhi akeli na? Kya problem hai phir? Bas no more thoughts, you're in. I'll get back to you later with more details, yes? Yes. Ok bye now" she ranted and got up strutting away.