Twenty Eight

Sana slowly opened her eyes to the sun peeping inside her window. She slightly frowned and covered her eyes with the back of her hand, stretching herself a bit. Today her leave was ending & she was finally going to go to work after about four days. She felt much better just at the thought of it. She lied down like that for a while, soaking the sun and the quiet in. Her thoughts went to last night's call with her Mother & she internally sighed. She was so happy that she finally spoke up. There was no way she could Marry or even think of marrying Akshay now. Just the thought of it, made her want to throw up. Her thoughts then went to Sidharth, and she unconsciously released a shaky breath at that thought. His hurt & angry face and eyes flashed in front of her eyes & stung her. He was so angry, so hurt. Would he even look at her face now? she thought how in such little time, they had become so close, so comfortable and so important to one another that the intensity of his hurt weighed her down. She slowly removed her hand from her eyes, slowly opening them and tapping on her phone. It was 6;30 am. She still had a lot of time before she left for work. She sat up in bed lazily tying her hair in a lose bun. Suddenly she remembered what she was going to do today, and that finally brought the slightest of smiles on her face. She was happy and excited. She took her clothes out laying them on the bed and went to the washroom. Sana came out a while later, freshly showered and went to her dressing to apply some basic makeup. She was wearing a lose pink button down shirt with lose plazo pants below. While she was moisturizing her face, her eyes slowly travelled to the side of her neck an she tilted her head the slightest bit to see. It had turned the slightest bit yellow with a tinge of maroon now. It was healing. She slowly rubbed it, remembering the rage and hurt in his eyes that moment and what he said to her right after that. Her eyes suddenly teared up and a gasp left her lips. She held her chest tightly rubbing it. The hurt she unknowingly put him through, it was too much for her to take. His hurt, his distance, his anger, they were eating her heart up in bits and pieces. She swiftly wiped her face clean and got ready for work. She applied some concealer and a bit of lose powder on the mark, covering it up perfectly. She then set her collar properly so that it can remain covered. Sana had a bit of breakfast and then left for work.

Her day at work was going good and all her colleagues made sure to gather up around her table to enquire about her well-being and also apologize for being the cause of her food poisoning. They were a nice and kind bunch. They all had their own busy lives, so they weren't really Sana's buddies buddies but they all were cordial and friendly in the office and last week, seeing how sad and alone she seemed they all had offered to show her around and she was truly grateful. She assured all of them that she was much better now and she had told them how her family friends lived here and so they took good care of her and made sure she ate good home cooked food which had really made her feel better. It was actually true. Just mentioning his mother had brought the widest, and most genuine smile to her face. She felt like going and hugging that woman right away. She had been so kind and so big hearted with Sana. It was the conversation with her that had given Sana the courage to let her mother know what she truly wanted. Sana had a few projects lined up for which she was supposed to design various different marketing schemes and come up with ideas so she knew she was going to have a busy day at work today. She was grateful for it honestly. It would help her keep her mind off him and stop her from checking her phone every few minutes and then sulking. She finally got to work.

****
Sidharth had again had the same morning like yesterday. He had woken up grumpy and angry. He had sulked through the entire morning and had just thrown around curses every now and then frustrated with everything around him. His flight was nearing and he had absolutely no intent to go. For the first time ever, he wanted to just call in sick and cancel the flight. It was going to be a long one and just the thought of so many days away, scared him. He didn't really understand why though. It wasn't like he was planning to or going to meet her if he wouldn't have gone. God knew how desperately he wanted to. He was dying to see her, to know if she was okay and how her health was now but that wasn't an option. He knew he had given in way too many times & this was just going to be a never ending cycle this way, causing only and only hurt in the end. So he better steer clear he thought. He ran a frustrated hand through his hair, playing around with different news channels on his TV not really looking at either. It was around afternoon now and he hadn't moved from the sofa in his lounge since morning. He sat there lazily, not willing to move or do anything at all. He was really angry at her too. She hadn't tried contacting him since she left. It scared him because that meant she had finally taken his warning seriously and had decided to part ways with him and just go marry Akshay. His nostrils flared at the thought and he slammed his remote on the table in front.
"BC. Sahi hai, pagal banao mujhe" he groaned. There were so many things he was yet to do before he left but he had no energy at all. He realized how going away would still be better for those few days. He would at least not have the constant urge to see her and just land at her house and grab her in his arms. He finally stood up wearing his chappals and went to freshen up before he left for buying a few toiletries he needed before travelling.

****
Sana had an extremely long exhausting day at work and se hadn't realized how tired she was now. She had just recovered from the food poisoning and with everything going on, there was still a lot of weakness in her body emotionally and physically. A long day at work had really tired her out and she felt really drained. She was just wrapping her stuff up for the day. Sana reached back home really tired and almost thought of giving up on her idea. She plopped down on her sofa leaning her head back and closing her eyes. She could feel the weakness kicking in. She pouted sadly, really needing his care and pampering. She finally gathered the energy to go ahead. She went straight where she had to and got to work.

An hour and half later, Sana finally stood where she had to be and was about to ring the doorbell. She had taken a quick shower and changed into nicer and fresher clothes. She wore a light blue kurta shalwar and had left her hair open. She felt fresher but still really weak and tired. She was a bit nervous and just rang the bell setting her hair. A middle aged lady opened the door up and smiled greeting Sana. Sana smiled back greeting her sweetly.
" Kon hai Seema?" she heard her voice come from behind the lady. The lady moved aside so that Sana could move in.
"Arey Sana, beta what a pleasant surprise" his mother smiled widely at her walking closer to Sana. Sana smiled back with equal excitement.
"N.namaste Aunty, Kese ho aaap" Sana moved closer and hugged his mother lightly. She was a bit nervous thinking how his mother would take her visiting her but the moment she hugged Sana back tighter, Sana knew she had made the right decision.
"kesi hai bacha, how are you feeling now?" She asked her lovingly, moving back and slightly touching Sana's face.
"I'm much better Aunty. Pata hai aaj tou office bhi gayi thi. Theek hoon abhi. Dawai ka course ho gaya na" Sana smiled back like a happy kid, making his mother chuckle sweetly at the girl.
"Chalo Ye tou bohat hi acha hai. Aur usey bhi zada acha ye hai k you came over. Come come come, aajao andar" She said taking Sana inside. They settled inside the lounge and Sana felt a little bit nervous and upset. The last time she came here, the first time ever, was with him. He had brought her here with so much conviction and authority. She missed him. all the more now. His mother saw her fallen face and wandering eyes and she could make out who she was thinking about but she let it pass. Her eyes then moved to the big bag in front of Sana.
"Beta ye kya laayi hai?" his mother asked looking at the bag. Sana's gaze fell down and she smiled picking the bag up and placing it on the table in front.
"Wo Aunty, actually, aap itna yummy khana chor k gaye na mere liye, pata hai khoob khaya mene? Tou aaj thora better thi tou mene socha apke liye kuch bana doon apne haatho se, so I made some Halwa for you. Suji ka halwa bana k laayi hoon. I hope apko acha lagay." She smiled at his mother nervously. She stared back at that girl, touched by her thoughts. With every meeting, she could realize why her Son was so drawn to her. She truly was so different and so special. She smiled at Sana lovingly, truly touched by her gesture.
"Arey Sana? Beta iss sab formality ki kya zaroorat thi bache? Tu wese hi abhi theek nahi hui poori tarah. Aur ye sab karne lag gayi hmm?"
"Nahi nahi mai tou ek dam theek hoon abhi. Aur kyun na karti? Aap tou ab tak do dafa mujhe apne haath ka itna amazing khana khila hi chuke ho, tou mai kyun na khilati? Mene socha, mai bhi apke liye kuch bana kar laun" Sana spoke with much more conviction this time.
"I loved it beta. Thank you so much for being so thoughtful. Sach mai, bohat hi pyaari bachi hai tu" she lovingly stroked Sana's face.
"Seema, chaye charha de, aur kuch acha light sa bana de Sana k liye aur ye Halwa bhi andr le jaa. Ye hum abhi chayer k sath enjoy karenge, kyun?" she smiled at sana who returned the excitement nodding back. They started talking about random things and majorly about her health and how she felt right now. Sana wouldn't be lying if she had secretly somewhere prayed and hoped that he'd be here when she came. She could have gotten  chance to at least see him, even if he wouldn't have talked to her. she knew he was still here and his flight was to leave soon but not finding him here had been a real bummer.
"Aunty? Apko sach mai bura tou nahi lagana na? K mai..aise, bina pooche agayi?" Sana asked her in the middle stopping her midway, visibly nervous of the fact that if Sidharth found out, he would surely be very angry and she did not want him to be angry with his mother because of her.
"Pagal hai beta ? Mai kyun aisa sochungi? Kya mai uss din achanak tere ghar nahi agayi thi?"
"Nahi par wo tou aap ne sab se best cheez kit hi na. Mujhe itna acha khana khilaya, mujhe company di, mera rona sunna, mujhe itna sab samjhaya aur aqal di" Sana pouted cutely at his mother, instantly getting comfortable around her. She chuckled.
"Haan tou? Wese hi aaj tu agayimujhe company dene. Wese bhi akele bore ho rahi thi mai" His mother said.
"Kyun? Apka Akdu beta nahi aaya apke paas?" she blabbered without thinking. His mother stared at her shocked for a two seconds and burst out laughing. Sana's eyes widened, and her cheeks heated up.
"Siyaapa. Sorry sorry Aunty wo ghalti se nikal gaya. Mera Matlab tha.." she mumbled embarrassed.
"Arey baba sorry kun keh rahi hai. Sahi hi bola tu ne. Hai wo Akdu. Aur haan nahi aaya aaj wo" she laughed. Sana sulked listening that. She wanted to see him. She hadn't visited his mom just to see him, not one bit. She truly wanted to thank her for being so kind to her and for being there for Sana and taking care of her like a mother would. So when she had seen the empty food container last night, she had decided that she'll cook something for her and bring it to her house to thank her but of course, she had hoped all this while for maybe have a glimpse of him there too. So now when his mother also confirmed that he hadn't dropped by, Sana's heart further sank realizing she wouldn't be seeing him for a while now. She didn't even know for how long because she knew he wouldn't come see her this time or let her close to him this time. The thought had made her go all quiet once more and his mother had quietly been observing all of this but the reason she wasn't saying anything was that she wanted them to have their own journey and specially Sana. She had realized that Sana was a young girl with a pure heart and she truly was in a deep conflict and so she wanted her to carve her own way out of it. The house help then called her inside the kitchen for some help so she stood up to go listen to her.
"Tub eth beta, make yourself comfortable. Mai zara Seema ko kitchen mai dekh kar aati hoon" she said while walking inside. Sana took her chappals and folded one leg under her thigh and started scrolling through her phone aimlessly. Now that his mother was also gone, she felt his absence all the more strongly so instead of looking around, she decided to just distract herself using her phone. She could hear both the women talking from inside the kitchen. She had started playing random food videos on her phone to keep her mind off the distraction. She suddenly got so engrossed in the videos that a few minutes had passed by and she wasn't really aware of her surroundings anymore and hence she hadn't even heard the doorbell ring and neither did she hear Seema going outside to check. A few seconds later, she felt stronger footsteps, distracting her off the video.
"WHAT THE FUCK" he roared. Sana jerked and flinched, her phone about to drop from her hands. Her heart literally roared, pumped and jumped and dropped inside her stomach all at once. Sana heard his roar and she instantly fell she could finally breathe again. She hadn't still looked up but she could feel him standing right next to the sofa she sat on. She slowly lifted her head up moving it to the side. The moment their eyes met each other, she felt she was breathing and going breathless all together at once. His eyes were breathing fire but yet they still seemed familiar and hers. That same warmth was still there besides all that fire and rage. His stubble had really grown and his face seemed duller and tired, so did his eyes. They were slightly puffy and seemed too hurt and broken. That face healed her and stung her all at once. She couldn't look away from his face. Her breathing was finally back and it was erratic. Her heart finally felt like it was beating around him. She wanted nothing more than to run into his arms and beg for forgiveness. He was in a dark green pullover and had black jeans underneath. Despite his ruggedness, he still looked like the strongest most hottest man she had ever laid eyes on. She sat there frozen, not able to move her eyes away.

Sidharth had got done with his shopping and had also gotten a few things his mother had mentioned the day before. He had decided to drop by at her place giving her stuff to her and also meeting her before he left for his flight. He had an early morning flight to Milan and he had planned to not stay for long, just to have a quick cup of tea with her and just meeting her. He was lost in his own thoughts of her while ringing the bell. When Seema came to open the door, she seemed really occupied and in a rush. She quickly greeted him and walked inside. Sidharth frowned walking inside. He heard the house to be very quiet and could hear some distant noises coming. He thought probably his mother was watching something on the TV. He kept walking inside and opened his mouth to shout for his mother when he stopped right in his tracks. At first he was sure that he was hallucinating and that his thoughts had gotten so much to him that he was now seeing her. He moved closer and kept staring at her when the reality of her actually being there sank in. She sat there with her leg folded under her thigh and her phone in her hand, a loud cooking video playing on it. She seemed really focused on the video, not aware of anything around her. The more he took her in, the more it hit her that she was really there. She seemed weaker and looking at the side of her face, he could see it seemed paler. He instantly felt like blood rushing through his body at the sight of her there. He wanted to grab her and pull her in his arms and not let go. The momentary relief subsided, and it instantly hit him. What the hell was she doing there? Sitting like that, so comfortably at HIS mother's house and where was his mother? How dare she? Was she now trying to use his mother too? Instant rage filled him up blinding his relief of seeing her there. The vision of her sitting there so comfortably after doing that to him, made him lose his mind and he roared. She finally reacted to huis voice and slowly lifted her eyes to look at him. he could tell, she too had felt everything he was feeling at the moment. He could see her blank and pale eyes boring into his as if she was struck by something and couldn't move her eyes. He saw how she looked slightly better but her eyes too looked extremely blank and sad. Her face didn't have the usual color and her overall form seemed weak and smaller. After a few minutes he came back to reality and clenched his fist tightly shouting for his mother, looking towards the side.
"MOM. MOM. Kahan ho aaaap" he shouted. Sana instantly stood up scared of his tone and his anger. She could see how his nostrils were flaring and his teeth were gritting together. She knew that face very well by now. The moment she stood up and turned to face him, his eyes softened the slightest bit giving her an elevated look. He took her entire form in and roamed his eyes all over her body. She stood there clasping her hands together. She wanted to do and say so much but suddenly seeing him there had literally frozen her. She seemed like she was in some trance and she just couldn't talk or move. His mother came running outside. The moment Seema told her that Sidharth had come, his mother knew what was to come. She still decided to stay in the kitchen, thinking maybe they'd talk and break some ice. The momentary silence had further relieved her before his screams broke it. She instantly wiped her hands and went outside to calm her son down. She saw how he stood there and his entire demeanor screamed rage. She then quickly glanced at the poor girl. She could tell how scared Sana was. She knew she was missing and dying to see Sidharth but she realized hoe scared she would be right now. She decided to finally step in and diffuse the situation calmly.
"Sidharth kya hogaya" she walked closer to them, speaking as calmly as she could. His eyes snapped towards his mother.
"MOM. WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE DOING HERE? HOW DARE SHE COME HERE,  KISEY POOCH K AAYI HAI YE YAHAN" he shouted, making Sana wince at his tone.
"SIDHARTH. LANGUAGE" His mother raised her voice sternly. He ran a frustrated hand in his hair, finally putting both his hands on his waist glancing at her. He knew she was scared, he wanted nothing more than to kiss the life out of this girl, but he held back. His anger didn't let him budge.
"Sidharth? Araamse. Araamse. Kya hogaya hai, itna cheekh kyun raha hai? Is this how you talk?" she spoke sternly. He just rolled his eyes.
"Mom, I'm sorry I don't have the patience right now. Ye yahan kya kar rahi hai just tell me? Aap ne bulaya hai isey? Kyun? Ya ye khud se agayi mu utha k? Ab kya apka bhi wohi haal karna chahti hai" he spilled venom. He knew he was going overboard, he knew his words would sting his heart but the pain he felt at the moment was inexplicable. He was lost in her thoughts, desperately wanting to see a glimpse of her, and then finding her here at his mother's house, being so comfortable, and the thought that she was still not his, she had still not left Akshay, she was still so far away despite being so close, it was stabbing his heart endlessly. So he knew of this as the only way to get back at her and to let her know how hurt he still was. Sana's eyes instantly lifted up meeting his and they filled up, breaking his heart more. Her lips  quivered listening to his tone and his words. He wanted to instantly grab those lips in hers and soothe her pain right away but what about his own pain? Who would soothe that?
"Sidharth? Ye kya bakwas ka raha hai? Is this how you talk to someone? Kya tareeka hai ye han? Kya matlab kisey pooch k aayi? Mera ghar hai. Mujhse milne aayi hai wo. Aur kabhi bhi asakti hai. " his mother spoke sternly. Hearing that, Sana's eyes filled up more and she desperately wanted to go hug his mother and just hide in her motherly warmth. She really needed it. Sidharth let out a frustrated breath.
"Mom? Seriosuly? Lagti hi kya hai ye apki? You barely know her. Itne rishte naate mat banao" he spoke harshly, shooting a quick glance towards Sana. He could see how she was digging her nails at the back of her other hand. His mother gasp and came closer
"SIDHARTH< ek aur baat boli tou thappar parega. Dimagh kharab hai tera? Itna kyun ghussa kar raha hai? Bachi hai wo, agar mujhse milne agayi tou koi qayamat nahi agayi, you need to calm down" her tone matched his harsher one. He just huffed, extremely frustrated with the entire situation.
"A..aunty, aap please isey mere liye mat lado. Theek bol raha hai wo. I shouldn't have come, I'll..i'll just leave. Aap please meri waja se.." she was speaking in a very low voice and they could still hear the constant cracking in her voice, clasping her hands tighter. His eyes stared at her face. He was so angry with everything.
"Sana. Chup, shh. Aisa kuch nahi hai samjhi? You came here to visit me, mere ghar pe. Uske liye tujhe kisi ki permission ki zaroorat nahi hai. Relax" she calmed her tone down and spoke to Sana in the same warm voice that soothes her heart. She let out a sob, letting her tears finally fall. She instantly wiped them before they could even flow down. She didn't want to anger him more by gaining any sympathy from his mother or even him. His mother swiftly walked towards Sana and opened her hands up pulling her to herself.
"Idhar aah bache, shhh shhh bas. Kuch nahi, bas" she spoke soothingly rubbing her back. The constant beats her heart was skipping hearing his tone and words, was now finally being soothed and calmed a little bit because of his mother's warmth. She was so grateful that she was there. Sidharth stood there extremely angry. He wasn't exactly angry that his mother was loving her, of course he wanted nothing more but in the current situation, he couldn't take it. He feared that if his mother too got attached to Sana, she too would feel that loss when she finally goes back to Punjab.
"Great. Seems like I'm not needed here. Sahi hai bhai. Aap log raho khush aapas mai, I'll go" he sounded hurt and angry. They both moved apart and Sana gasped looking at him. She moved further away and turned to pick her bag up
"Nahi nahi. You please stay. I'm going. Aunty please, I'm fine, aap fikar mat karo. Mai jaati hoon abhi, please" she almost begged. He didn't react.
"Chup chaap beth jaa yahan, aise chaye piye bagheir nahi jaa sakti tu. Aur tu, aie Khada kya hai? Chup kar k aake beth jaa yahan warna tujhe ek laafad padega samjha" she said looking at her son. He rolled his eyes
"han han bhai, usko pyar karo aur chup karao aur apne khud k baitay ko laafad maaro, nahi sahi hai" he said grumpily. His mother wanted to laugh at her five year old son. She knew and understood his plight perfectly. She knew how hurt he was right now but she realized that it was the perfect chance for them to be around each other for a while and maybe talk or sort things out in some way. She knew he would be leaving and there would be no chance of her visiting him so this was the perfect chance. She knew how angry he may be, deep inside he was dying to see her as much as she was.
"Nahi Aunty, Sachii, main a chalti hoon" she walked towards his mother ready to leave. He stood there with his hands on his waist witnessing it all with frustration. He wanted to push her back and kiss the fuck out of her.
"Come" his mother ignored her and turned her back taking her towards the sofa. She tried opening her mouth again but his mother gestured her to sit. She gave in and sat still nervous about him being so angry.
"Tub hi beth jaa, don't act like a five year old Sidharth. Aaja. Acha bata, kya mera samaan laaya hai wo" she tried changing the topic for a while looking at the bag that he had thrown on the side. He let out a sigh and rubbed his face. He nodded at his mother, picking the bag up and moving towards the dining table, keeping it there.
"I'll jyst come" he said rudely, walking inside the bedroom. He really needed to splash some cold water on his face to calm down. Sana unknowingly let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. His mother looked at her and spoke sweetly
"Bache I'm sorry for all that. Uski baat dil pe mat lena, wo ghusse mai kuch bhi bold eta hai he doesn't really mean it, hmm?"
Sana weakly smiled at her. How great was this woman. She fought her own son for her and here she was sitting and apologizing to her for his behavior. She grabbed her hands in hers and spoke
"Arey nahi nahi please aunty. Aap aise mujhe sharminda mat karo, please. Balke aap ka thank you. Aur uska, uska buran ahi laga mujhe. Wo apna lagta hai na mujhe? Tou uska hussa bhi apna lagta hai" she spoke sadly looking down at her lap. His mother was stunned at this girl's patience to bear his anger like that and still not frown a bit. She could see beyond all of this and she just smiled and stroked her hair lovingly. Sidharth returned a few minutes later, his face and hair wet. His hair were set to the side. She could tell he had wet them and set them to the side. He still had the angry glare but he seemed a bit calmer. He just came and sat across them on the other end of the sofa opposite to them.
"TU beth beta, I'll just go finish up with Seema hmm?"
"Mai bhi aaun aunty? Mai aati hoon apke sath chalo" Sana spoke hurriedly standing up wanting to get away from him. He glared at her. What was she even trying to do.
"Bilkul Nahi. Aaj sara din tu office mai laga kar aayi hai, phir ghar jaa kar mere liye halwa bhi banaya. Abhi you haven't fully regained your energy back, don't extert. Tu jaa beth mai bas 5 minute mai aati hoon" his mother spoke firmly. He heard it all. His concern suddenly heightened. And halwa? Did she really cook halwa for his mother? What was this girl doing. They sat there quietly. The air around them instantly changing. He took his phone out and started randomly scrolling through it just to appear busy. She knew. She so wanted to run to him and just hold him but she better. She kept staring at his face.
"Sidharth, kese ho aap" she finally broke her silence and whispered an in almost inaudible low voice. His fingers topped right there and so did his heart. She had addressed him after three or almost four nights, he had forgotten now because it had seemed like an eternity since he had heard her call his name. He looked up from the phone, and saw her looking at him like a little vulnerable hopeful child. His heart tugged and broke but he maintained his stance. He stared at her face and eyes for a few seconds and then went back to his phone without answering her. Sana felt like someone had just freshly stabbed her wounded heart. That's how bad it hurt and stung seeing him move his eyes away from her. She had decided not to cry and fall weak. She reminded herself of his pain and his words from that night and told herself that it was what she deserved. A minute later his mother along with seema returned with a trolley full of snacks, the halwa and tea. Sana gasped seeing the trolley.
"Arey Aunty ye sab itna kuch? Aap kis sab chakar mai padh gaye they. Mene aake itna tang kar dia aapko" she spoke guiltily. Sidharth straightened up rolling his eyes. Sana started helping Seema in putting the dishes up on the table from the trolley. She then bent down lifting the tray of tea up and then stood up to place it on the table in the center. As she moved forward and bent the slightest bit, Sidharth, who's gaze was already fixed on her suddenly fell on something. He narrowed his eyes and then instantly widened them. His eyes moved up looking at her eyes but she was looking down setting the cups and saucers on the table. His eyes again moved down to that spot and instantly looked away. He unknowingly clenched his fist.
"Sidharth, chal beta le naa kuch. Come. Aur sana bache bas kar ab tub hi aake beth and eat something now, come" his mother broke the silence. Sana smiled sitting back and thanking her for all the things she had made. Sidharth however was lost somewhere else now. His movements had no direction and he randomly picked a few things throwing them in his plate. His eyes moved towards her every now and then. She lifted her eyes and they had a brief eye contact, his eyes had darkened and they bore into hers. She suddenly looked away, not wanting to fall weak. She started praising the things his mother had made.
"Waaah Sana. This halwa is amazing. Sach mai beta bohat hi acha bana hai, thank you" his mother smiled.
"Sachiii? Acha laga apko?" Sana asked excitedly. His gaze was fixed on her face and it was moving lower every few seconds, trying to see but her hair weren't letting him, frustrating him all the more.
"Sidharth, try some halwa na. It's actually very good" his mother said. Sana too looked at him hopeful that he would. She really wanted him to. She moved to pick up a bowl for him when he spoke
"Rehne do. I'm full" he said rudely. She left the bowl and sat back biting her lip and sucking it inside her teeth completely like a dejected kid. His mother shook her head at her son disappointedly. His mother then engaged Sana in some conversation meanwhile his restlessness had no end. He was constantly stealing glances at her face and at that spot, frustrated over the fact of not being able to openly see it. his fist was constantly clenching an unclenching. The fact that she as totally unaware about his plight was annoying him more. He wanted to scream at both of them to be quiet but he knew better. His mother picked the pot of milk up to pour it in the tea when she realized that it had gotten a bit colder.
"Tch ye doodh ek dam thanda hogaya. Ye seema bhi chali gayi hai peeche, Wait beta mai isko garam kar k laati hoon." She said standing up. Sana instantly grabbed the pot from her hand and made her sit back.
"Nahi aunty, aap kyun jao ge. Give it to me. Mai abhi le aati hoon garam kar k" she started walking before his mother could stop her.
"Bache pan tujhe wahin counter pe mil jayegaaa" she shouted. Sidharth's gaze followed her to the kitchen. He quietly sipped his tea for a few seconds, his mind constantly running. He kept the cup down and started clearing his throat a bit loudly for his mother to notice. He kept doing it a few times before she spoke
'Kya hogaya Sidharth? Kharaash ho rahi hai galay mai?" she asked concerned.
"Uhh Haan mom I don't know thora dry lag raha hai. I'll just go get some water. Abhi aaya" he swiftly stood up and walked towards the kitchen without waiting for his mother to respond. She smiled. Of course.

Sana stood there waiting for the milk to heat up. She was lost in her own thoughts. His gaze was not leaving her mind. He entered the kitchen and saw her back to him. He stood there for a few seconds and then slowly walked inside without making a sound. He walked up to her and stood right behind her. He saw the milk had boiled and sana quickly turned the stove off. The moment she turned around she gasped loudly seeing him there. He didn't move a muscle and his dark gaze was piercing through her eyes. Sana was literally caught off guard.
"Sidharth" she whispered. He still didn't say a word and just kept staring at her. He then moved his hands in his pockets and moved a step back to give her some space. He could tell she was scared.
"k.kya hua? Kuch chahiye tha/" she whispered not meeting his eyes. He stood there silently taking her in. When he didn't respond she moved towards the sink nect to the stove and washed her hands there and then poured the hot milk carefully in the pot. His presence was intimidating her. Once she was done, she kept the pan in the sink and started moving towards him to go outside but he suddenly started moving towards her. Sana wasn't expecting that at all. She nervously kept the milt pot aside and looked at him. He kept coming closer and closer, till she finally hit the wall. He put both his hands on each side of her caging her between the wall and himself. He could hear her heart pounding and her lips trembling. Her eyes had fear, hope, desire and so much regret, he could see it all. She had suddenly lost her voice under his intense gaze and his proximity. It was doing things to her. She started looking everywhere to avoid his eyes. His eyes slowly moved lower.
"Kya hua" his voice was husky. She looked up at him.
"k kya" she could barely manage. His eyes met hers and once she was looking at him, his eyes travelled lower. She didn't realize when he brought his hand from the side and slowly moved her hair aside. Sana gasped loudly, panicking. She tried moving her hair back instantly but he held her hand midway. Their eyes met briefly and she could see the desire and the darkness in them.
"Kya hua Sana yahan" he whispered again. His voice tingling her insides. She looked away not being able to match his intensity.
'Kuch nahi hua, hato, mujhe jana hai" she spoke nervously. She tried moving away but he pushed her back lightly by her shoulders.
"Let me see Sana" he spoke a bit louder this time. His voice extremely husky. She stopped giving in to him. She let out a shaky breath. He slowly moved her hair aside and held her chin moving it to the other side the slightest bit. Sana clutched her lip between her teeth. The moment his eyes fell on the big enough reddish/yellow mark, he inhaled sharply. He couldn't put in words what that did to him. That night, that moment, his words they all flashed in front of his eyes. He briefly looked at her. Her eyes were shut tightly and her lower lip was clutched between her teeth. He slowly touched the spot with his thumb. The moment he touched it, Sana let out a shaky breath and inhaled at the same time. His thumb felt like a live electric wire jolting her. He saw all her reactions and he slowly rubbed the mark, putting the slightest bit of pressure. Sana winced.
"Sidharth" she barely whispered not being able to take it.
"I'm sorry" he whispered. She instantly opened her eyes and looked at him. His tone had a genuine remorse and so did his eyes. His thumb was still rubbing the spot softly. Sana gasped wanting to kiss this man to no end. She instantly cupped his face in her hands and shook her head at him, not wanting to cry.
"I went too harsh, didn't I?" he said in a low regretful voice. Sana gasped hearing that. She didn't want him to think that at all. Despite the pain, it was still given by him. it was personal and it felt so special to her. She didn't want him to regret it.
"Nahi. Please. Shh" she pressed his face harder, boring her eyes in his troubled ones. He slowly removed her hands and put them down, staring at the mark again. It was doing things to him. The thought of marking her there. He knew he was the only one to have done that until now. He had left his mark on her. As primal and animalistic it sounded, he liked the thought of it. It inflated his ego. It soothed his otherwise troubled and broken heart. He wanted to do so much more to her right now. He wanted to kiss and suck the pain away from there and just pleasure her. He did feel bad and guilty of going so hard on her. Seeing it he could tell, it had been there for a while now and it had been worse. He was sure it was painful for her and that upset his heart but at the same time seeing it there was a constant reminder that he had been there. He had marked her there. It was him and not Akshay. And that thought, it satiated him. He moved closer to the mark and she unconsciously moved her head back giving him access closing her eyes. Her heart was beating rapidly and short gasps of air left her lips. She looked like a mess, a divine one. He brought her lips closer to the mark and instead of kissing it, he blew on it. As soon as his cold breath blew on it, the bruised skin tingled and she instantly gasped clenching her fist tightly to hold herself up. She so desperately wanted him to place his lips there and he knew it. He kept staring at it and then finally moved back up looking at her face and her lips. They seemed so soft, so inviting. He was dying to kiss her. He finally held her face in his hands and the moment he did, she opened her eyes, relief washing through her an she brought her face down bringing it in front of his face. He stared at her lips and then at her eyes.
"I want to do so much Sana. So much" he whispered, his thick husky voice undoing her. He moved closer to her lips and she involuntarily closed her eyes giving in. He was just a breath away from her lips. His breath fanned them and she inhaled holding on to his biceps. She waited for the kiss to come, but it didn't. He was about to give in when he looked at her closed eyes one last time and sighed, moving back. The moment she felt him move back and remove his hands from her face, she opened her eyes. He seemed hurt and disappointed. The moment she looked there, she wanted to kill herself for that look. He just stared at her, with all the disappointment and hurt and she knew. Her eyes filled up and before she could speak , he did
"I'm sorry" he whispered looking in to her eyes. She moved her head slightly to say something but he turned away and walked outside.
Sana felt like falling down to the floor and crying her heart out. She felt like she had lost her Sidharth. She felt that she had finally pushed him so much that he was not going to return now and just that thought killed her then and there. She realized where she was and that she had to maintain her composure. She could hear them talking outside so she harshly rubbed her face and slapped her cheeks the slightest bit to get a hold of her emotions. She quickly reheated the milk taking it outside. The moment she walked outside, she could see him standing to the side gathering some things. She knew he was leaving. His mother realizing it all, didn't once make anything awkward for Sana and softly grabbed the milk pot from her hand. Sana looked up at her blankly and she just silently nodded at her. Sana stood to the side awkwardly when he finally spoke.
"Acha Mom, mai nkalta hoon ab. I'm getting late. Flight subah 6 ki hai so I have to get some sleep before I go. Aap diyaahn rakhna apna and take your medicines timely okay? I'll see you after a week" he spoke moving closer and placing a kiss to his mother's forehead. The last line was for her too. He didn't know about seeing her, but he wanted her to know that he'd be gone for a week. Sana's eyes filled up seeing them like that and she wanted to have that kiss from him too. It had been so long. His mother hugged him
"Haan bache I'll take care tu fikar mat kar. Tu theek se jaa aur theek se reh wahan. Khayal rakh apna" she kissed his cheek. His eyes briefly moved towards her and she was already staring at him hopeful that he would say something to her too. He just looked at her for a few seconds an then moved away. He went towards the main door, unlocking it and going outside. Sana kept standing there awkwardly rubbing her hands, wanting to go see him off. His mother understood.
"Jaa beta" she said. Sana instantly ran towards the door. He was walking outside the porch going towards the gate when she ran behind him
"Sidharth, Sidharth ek minute" she gasped. He turned around hearing her voice. She came and stood there not knowing what exactly to say.
"Sidharth, theek se jana. Have a safe flight. Khayal rakhna apna" she spoke softly looking at him. He just sighed, exhausted with this entire thing.
"You don't have to worry about that. Tum se door hounga na, tou theek hi rahunga" he spat rudely. He gave her one quick glance and walked outside the gate leaving her there. Her tears finally flowed down but she kept her composure. She knew she had done that to him, and to them.

Thikaanaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें