Fifty Two

Sidharth and Sana had a nice dinner with his mother that night . They had gone home, freshened up and then left for his mother's place. They were now on their way back home and the car ride was filled with silence. The rest of the evening hadn't really turned out to be what they were hoping it to be and so the both of them were a bit edgy. As Sidharth had asked her to call Akshay and check what he was really up to when they were returning back from the grocery store, Sana had called him right away but to their disappointment, he hadn't answered the call. Sana had told Sidharth that since he didn't answer, they can try some other time and leave it for now but Sidharth hadn't agreed. He had been adamant that they keep trying him till he answers. He was already shaky about his true intentions and him not answering Sana's calls was adding up to his agitation and doubt. Sana tried reasoning with him but he insisted that she tries again and he still didn't answer. Sana had told Sidharth that it was fine and he'd probably call her back once he sees the two missed calls or else she can drop in a message but Sidharth had instantly gone silent and she could see how irritable he seemed. She huffed and picked her phone again after a few minutes dialing him up for the third time. Akshay still didn't answer and that really ticked Sidharth off.

"Dekha. Pata tha mujhe k iss kutte k dimagh mai koi faaltu giri chal rahi hai. Agar itna hi seedha aur sacha hai aapka Akshay, tou phone kyun nahi utha raha tera? Iss waqt kahan dafa hogaya achanak?" he gritted his teeth, tightening his hold on the steering.

Sana was already irritated with having to call Akshay and then despite him not answering, Sidharth being so stubborn about it so when he said this, it had really ticked her off as well.

"Sidharth kya masla hai?? Faaltu baatein kyun bol rahay ho? Mene kitni baar kaha hai usko mera mera mat kaha karo yaar. And specially not after last night. Hoga kahin, phone tou chala hi gaya hai na usko teen baar. Dubara kar le gaa call back, nab hi kia tou I'll call or text him again. Abhi k liye chor do na, mood kyun kaharb kar rahy ho?" she sighed, irritability visible in her tone.

Sidharth remained silent after that and he just clicked his tongue and slammed the steering lightly as he turned for his building. Sana hadn't spoken much either and both of them had gone inside, freshened up in their respective rooms and left for his mother's place. They had just made the most minimal conversation in the car on their way to his mother's house and that too about very random things. It was evident that Sidharth was still pretty pissed off at the whole thing and although Sana knew and understood him completely, she too was a bit irritable because she felt like this could wait. She had known Akshay her whole life and he had always been sweet and nice towards her. So now that he had finally spoken up and assured her with such conviction, she really wanted to believe him and believe her belief that all will be okay now. She genuinely felt and wanted to be happy and at peace for the first time after coming to Mumbai now that she felt that this matter was going to be resolved soon and especially after last night, she felt closer and in love with Sidharth than ever before so she was a little extra edgy about having to speak to him today. She just wanted to be with Sidharth today and she wanted today to be all about them, just them. Despite that, she had tried calling him not once but three times because he had insisted her to. So now she knew he was irked but so was she because though he didn't answer her calls, the whole thing had really put her off as well.

Sana had sighed loudly remembering the entire evening and it really pinched her heart. Today, out of all the days was the last day she wanted all this to go down. They were both so chirpy and happy and in their own bubble till the time they headed out from the supermarket just as Sana wanted and hoped. The moment Sidharth had brought calling Akshay up, the whole atmosphere had just gone down the drain and then the events of the rest of the night further worsening it all. She wanted to really cry but not because she was upset, that too, but majorly because she felt really angry and irritable at a lot of things. She threw her head back on the seat and closed her eyes.
Sidharth had been quietly observing her too. he didn't feel great either. He knew the whole evening had been a mess. He too was extremely annoyed about how the evening had turned out. He didn't want any of this but the whole message from Akshay and the way it had made Sana happy and so relieved, had been really eating him up and so he wanted clarity. They had gone too far and too ahead to still hang in the middle with uncertainty. He wanted this whole thing and the guy out of their lives as soon as possible. He also knew and understood where Sana was coming from. She was too pure and too innocent for her own good. He knew she had instantly trusted Akshay as soon as she had read the message. He knew she was now relieved that this whole thing would be sorted but he couldn't rest that easily, everything that had gone down between them since the last few days had made Sidharth all the more worried. He wanted this whole issue to be over with as soon as possible. Sidharth knew Sana way too well. He knew that after all, she was a young girl with a heart full of innocent dreams and wishes. Last night had meant so much to both of them and he knew that she wanted to stay in her own little happy bubble today. He wanted that too but he couldn't help the constant nagging feeling inside him. Akshay not picking her calls up or even calling back yet, had further heightened his agitation and belief that he was surely up to something. He just couldn't ignore the constant doubt inside his mind and be all normal till she spoke to Akshay and till he actually fulfilled his word by speaking to her parents and ending this whole thing for good. If this wasn't enough, the rest of the evening too had gone down the drain. He felt so helpless and irritated.