Eighty

Sidharth slowly locked the door and turned around to look at her. His little baby stood there in the middle of the room, close to the bed, with both her hands clasped together and completely clueless. He slowly walked behind her and very softly grabbed her hand, making her flinch slightly. He slowly opened her fingers up and wrapped his own around them.

"Come" he said as he walked her to the bed.
She was so quiet, so lost, such a baby. His heart was tugging at her innocence. He walked her to the edge of the bed and left her hand making her sit down.

Once she sat down, she lifted her big innocent eyes up to look at him. her face, those eyes, they had so much vulnerability and hope.

He kept looking at her face and then slowly moved her hair back from her forehead and lightly caressed it with his fingers. He then wordlessly turned around, picked the remote and fixed the temperature of the room and switched the side lamps on. he could feel her gaze on him.

She sat there like a little girl waiting for him to come to her and help her sleep. There was pin drop silence in the room. Sana had no clue what he was on to.

He then walked up to the cupboards and opened them, rummaging through her clothes. She was slightly in a daze at first, just looking at him, walking around like that but then she noticed what he was really doing.

He stood there in front of her side of the cupboard and was randomly rummaging through her night suits.

Her eyebrows furrowed at what he was trying to do or look for. He then randomly took out a pair of pajamas and t-shirt, confusing her even more. Did he want her to change? She looked down at her clothes, but she was already in a night suit.

"Sidharth..kya..hua?" she asked in a small voice.

He turned around as he took the clothes out and hung them on his arm. He looked at her and sighed. he knew she was never going to agree to what he was just about to say. He prepped himself up as he walked towards her.

"Tujhe freshen up hona tha na? You wanted to shower?" he said softly, his deep eyes looking right in to her innocent ones.

Her eyes widened slightly. She thought she was pretty low when she was speaking to his mother. She knew he would never allow her now.

"H..Haan wo tou..mai" she mumbled, not knowing what else to say.
She was still pretty dazed and didn't know why he was doing whatever he was doing.

"I'll help you with it." he said plainly.
Sana's eyes narrowed at first, and then instantly widened and she straightened up listening to what he was insinuating. She panicked.

"NAHIII...matlab..mai..main khud..kar loongi..mai theek hoon, pakka" she tried assuring him softly.

He rolled his eyes to the side as he ran a hand through his hair. He knew she'd never agree.

"I know..par tu weak hai abhi bhi bohat Sana and I cannot let you tire yourself out like that. Shower lene mai proper exertion hoti hai, it takes up a lot of energy and you don't have that energy yet" he explained seriously.

"Na..nahi par main kar loongi...aap ke..kese.." She said softy, not meeting his eyes.
He sighed.

"Relax. I'm not giving you a bath Sana. I'll just sponge you so that you feel fresher and wo itna exhausting bhi nahi hoga tere liye. I don't want you to keep moving and stretching your arms here and there. Dukhe ge" he said seriously but softly.

Her heart flipped and beat wildly at that. He cared, he still cared so bloody much, about the smallest of things. She wanted to tear up but then she also realized what he was suggesting. How could he..how would she sit through it or let him do that?